Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

  1. #1
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,453

    Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberger
    Pat Howard
    http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... -1/OPINION

    I write a weekly e-mail newsletter called Inside Erie that's as much about the responses from its readers as whatever I'm going on about.

    Advertisement
    The subject Thursday was what we've learned about the behavior of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and "jerk" and "creep" were the operative words on my end. I figured the reaction would be lively, but wondered what directions it might take.

    I wasn't so much surprised as gratified when readers started pinging my inbox. The gist overwhelmingly has been that nothing Roethlisberger does between the lines of a football field can excuse his conduct in that club in Georgia.

    That vibe has been reinforced for me by the continuing coverage out of Pittsburgh, reading the investigative files from Georgia, my conversations with Steelers fans, and my travels around town. At a gathering of friends over chicken wings on Friday night, one black-and-gold die-hard, an ex-Marine, related his judgment to my wife in a single word.

    Dirtbag.

    Exactly.

    There's been some reflexive defense of Roethlisberger rooted in his star power and athletic gifts, but not much in the scheme of things. And there's a strong sense that the faithful expect and count on the Steelers' owners, the Rooney family, to do the right thing and at least suspend the guy, even though an elite quarterback is the most precious commodity in their business.

    The raw ingredients of this scandal are predictably combustible -- the gravitational pull of celebrity, animal attraction, the impulsiveness and foolishness of youth and, by all accounts, copious amounts of alcohol. Keeping the lid on such a situation requires someone involved to know better, and a loaded, star-struck, 20-year-old college student isn't the best bet for the role.

    It's clear in the public revulsion of erstwhile fans that how that dumb kid ended up in a dingy bar restroom with the star quarterback hit a good many people much like it did me. They see a daughter, a sister, a niece or, in my case, a goddaughter.

    Any of us with a young woman in our lives hope that someone would come to her aid if she found herself flirting with a prowling, world-wise shark and her judgment, maturity or capacity for booze failed her. It sounds as if that drunken kid's friends tried when one of Roethlisberger's "bodyguards" steered her into a hallway in the back of the club.

    One of them told police that she approached another bodyguard and told him her friend was in no condition to be culled from their group and left alone with Roethlisberger. She said the guy wouldn't look her in the eye.

    Well, no wonder.

    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified that Roethlisberger handler/enabler as an off-duty Pennsylvania state trooper, Ed Joyner. The GBI said the bodyguard who led the young woman to her encounter with Roethlisberger was also an off-duty cop, Coraopolis municipal officer Anthony Barravecchio.

    Yet another oath to protect and serve didn't work out much better for that kid when she and her friends sought out local police right after whatever happened in that restroom. The evidence suggests that Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash, who earlier in the evening had his picture taken with Roethlisberger, was more interested in covering the accused's backside than checking out allegations of a crime.

    One of the cops in Roethlisberger's posse, Barravecchio, told investigators that Blash approached him and called the young woman a "drunken bitch" who was "making (expletive) up" against "Ben." A friend of the accuser said Blash agreed to file a report, but said it would be a waste of time in light of Roethlisberger's wealth and legal resources.

    Blash resigned last week. Joyner, the Pennsylvania state trooper, is now the subject of an internal affairs investigation.

    After the district attorney in Georgia announced there was insufficient evidence to charge Roethlisberger with a crime -- and told him to "grow up" -- Steelers President Art Rooney II made it clear his quarterback will face disciplinary action after the NFL completes its review of his behavior. And that he'd be on a very short leash from now on.

    But the damage has been done. And it's the kind that lingers.

    One fan related to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette how his 8-year-old son asked him why his dad wouldn't let him wear his Roethlisberger jersey, his favorite shirt, to a Pittsburgh Penguins game. "Please ask Big Ben how he would have answered that question for me," the man wrote.

    That sometimes our heroes turn out to be heels is a hard lesson for a little boy. Those iconic black-and-gold jerseys are supposed to stand for something, and now No. 7's stands for that.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  2. #2

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberger
    Pat Howard
    http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... -1/OPINION

    I write a weekly e-mail newsletter called Inside Erie that's as much about the responses from its readers as whatever I'm going on about.

    Advertisement
    The subject Thursday was what we've learned about the behavior of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and "jerk" and "creep" were the operative words on my end. I figured the reaction would be lively, but wondered what directions it might take.

    I wasn't so much surprised as gratified when readers started pinging my inbox. The gist overwhelmingly has been that nothing Roethlisberger does between the lines of a football field can excuse his conduct in that club in Georgia.

    That vibe has been reinforced for me by the continuing coverage out of Pittsburgh, reading the investigative files from Georgia, my conversations with Steelers fans, and my travels around town. At a gathering of friends over chicken wings on Friday night, one black-and-gold die-hard, an ex-Marine, related his judgment to my wife in a single word.

    Dirtbag.

    Exactly.

    There's been some reflexive defense of Roethlisberger rooted in his star power and athletic gifts, but not much in the scheme of things. And there's a strong sense that the faithful expect and count on the Steelers' owners, the Rooney family, to do the right thing and at least suspend the guy, even though an elite quarterback is the most precious commodity in their business.

    The raw ingredients of this scandal are predictably combustible -- the gravitational pull of celebrity, animal attraction, the impulsiveness and foolishness of youth and, by all accounts, copious amounts of alcohol. Keeping the lid on such a situation requires someone involved to know better, and a loaded, star-struck, 20-year-old college student isn't the best bet for the role.

    It's clear in the public revulsion of erstwhile fans that how that dumb kid ended up in a dingy bar restroom with the star quarterback hit a good many people much like it did me. They see a daughter, a sister, a niece or, in my case, a goddaughter.

    Any of us with a young woman in our lives hope that someone would come to her aid if she found herself flirting with a prowling, world-wise shark and her judgment, maturity or capacity for booze failed her. It sounds as if that drunken kid's friends tried when one of Roethlisberger's "bodyguards" steered her into a hallway in the back of the club.

    One of them told police that she approached another bodyguard and told him her friend was in no condition to be culled from their group and left alone with Roethlisberger. She said the guy wouldn't look her in the eye.

    Well, no wonder.

    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified that Roethlisberger handler/enabler as an off-duty Pennsylvania state trooper, Ed Joyner. The GBI said the bodyguard who led the young woman to her encounter with Roethlisberger was also an off-duty cop, Coraopolis municipal officer Anthony Barravecchio.

    Yet another oath to protect and serve didn't work out much better for that kid when she and her friends sought out local police right after whatever happened in that restroom. The evidence suggests that Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash, who earlier in the evening had his picture taken with Roethlisberger, was more interested in covering the accused's backside than checking out allegations of a crime.

    One of the cops in Roethlisberger's posse, Barravecchio, told investigators that Blash approached him and called the young woman a "drunken bitch" who was "making (expletive) up" against "Ben." A friend of the accuser said Blash agreed to file a report, but said it would be a waste of time in light of Roethlisberger's wealth and legal resources.

    Blash resigned last week. Joyner, the Pennsylvania state trooper, is now the subject of an internal affairs investigation.

    After the district attorney in Georgia announced there was insufficient evidence to charge Roethlisberger with a crime -- and told him to "grow up" -- Steelers President Art Rooney II made it clear his quarterback will face disciplinary action after the NFL completes its review of his behavior. And that he'd be on a very short leash from now on.

    But the damage has been done. And it's the kind that lingers.

    One fan related to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette how his 8-year-old son asked him why his dad wouldn't let him wear his Roethlisberger jersey, his favorite shirt, to a Pittsburgh Penguins game. "Please ask Big Ben how he would have answered that question for me," the man wrote.

    That sometimes our heroes turn out to be heels is a hard lesson for a little boy. Those iconic black-and-gold jerseys are supposed to stand for something, and now No. 7's stands for that.
    Somebody who hurts others by spreading rumor and gossip so that he may benefit?

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    All these sports "journalists" are piling one for one reason - because it helps their employers get more "clicks" on-line (or sell more TV commercials, etc.), and so makes their job more secure.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #3
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,453

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberger
    Pat Howard
    http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... -1/OPINION

    I write a weekly e-mail newsletter called Inside Erie that's as much about the responses from its readers as whatever I'm going on about.

    Advertisement
    The subject Thursday was what we've learned about the behavior of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and "jerk" and "creep" were the operative words on my end. I figured the reaction would be lively, but wondered what directions it might take.

    I wasn't so much surprised as gratified when readers started pinging my inbox. The gist overwhelmingly has been that nothing Roethlisberger does between the lines of a football field can excuse his conduct in that club in Georgia.

    That vibe has been reinforced for me by the continuing coverage out of Pittsburgh, reading the investigative files from Georgia, my conversations with Steelers fans, and my travels around town. At a gathering of friends over chicken wings on Friday night, one black-and-gold die-hard, an ex-Marine, related his judgment to my wife in a single word.

    Dirtbag.

    Exactly.

    There's been some reflexive defense of Roethlisberger rooted in his star power and athletic gifts, but not much in the scheme of things. And there's a strong sense that the faithful expect and count on the Steelers' owners, the Rooney family, to do the right thing and at least suspend the guy, even though an elite quarterback is the most precious commodity in their business.

    The raw ingredients of this scandal are predictably combustible -- the gravitational pull of celebrity, animal attraction, the impulsiveness and foolishness of youth and, by all accounts, copious amounts of alcohol. Keeping the lid on such a situation requires someone involved to know better, and a loaded, star-struck, 20-year-old college student isn't the best bet for the role.

    It's clear in the public revulsion of erstwhile fans that how that dumb kid ended up in a dingy bar restroom with the star quarterback hit a good many people much like it did me. They see a daughter, a sister, a niece or, in my case, a goddaughter.

    Any of us with a young woman in our lives hope that someone would come to her aid if she found herself flirting with a prowling, world-wise shark and her judgment, maturity or capacity for booze failed her. It sounds as if that drunken kid's friends tried when one of Roethlisberger's "bodyguards" steered her into a hallway in the back of the club.

    One of them told police that she approached another bodyguard and told him her friend was in no condition to be culled from their group and left alone with Roethlisberger. She said the guy wouldn't look her in the eye.

    Well, no wonder.

    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified that Roethlisberger handler/enabler as an off-duty Pennsylvania state trooper, Ed Joyner. The GBI said the bodyguard who led the young woman to her encounter with Roethlisberger was also an off-duty cop, Coraopolis municipal officer Anthony Barravecchio.

    Yet another oath to protect and serve didn't work out much better for that kid when she and her friends sought out local police right after whatever happened in that restroom. The evidence suggests that Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash, who earlier in the evening had his picture taken with Roethlisberger, was more interested in covering the accused's backside than checking out allegations of a crime.

    One of the cops in Roethlisberger's posse, Barravecchio, told investigators that Blash approached him and called the young woman a "drunken bitch" who was "making (expletive) up" against "Ben." A friend of the accuser said Blash agreed to file a report, but said it would be a waste of time in light of Roethlisberger's wealth and legal resources.

    Blash resigned last week. Joyner, the Pennsylvania state trooper, is now the subject of an internal affairs investigation.

    After the district attorney in Georgia announced there was insufficient evidence to charge Roethlisberger with a crime -- and told him to "grow up" -- Steelers President Art Rooney II made it clear his quarterback will face disciplinary action after the NFL completes its review of his behavior. And that he'd be on a very short leash from now on.

    But the damage has been done. And it's the kind that lingers.

    One fan related to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette how his 8-year-old son asked him why his dad wouldn't let him wear his Roethlisberger jersey, his favorite shirt, to a Pittsburgh Penguins game. "Please ask Big Ben how he would have answered that question for me," the man wrote.

    That sometimes our heroes turn out to be heels is a hard lesson for a little boy. Those iconic black-and-gold jerseys are supposed to stand for something, and now No. 7's stands for that.
    Somebody who hurts others by spreading rumor and gossip so that he may benefit?

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    All these sports "journalists" are piling one for one reason - because it helps their employers get more "clicks" on-line (or sell more TV commercials, etc.), and so makes their job more secure.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.

    Opps I clicked

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  4. #4

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberger
    Pat Howard
    http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... -1/OPINION

    I write a weekly e-mail newsletter called Inside Erie that's as much about the responses from its readers as whatever I'm going on about.

    Advertisement
    The subject Thursday was what we've learned about the behavior of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and "jerk" and "creep" were the operative words on my end. I figured the reaction would be lively, but wondered what directions it might take.

    I wasn't so much surprised as gratified when readers started pinging my inbox. The gist overwhelmingly has been that nothing Roethlisberger does between the lines of a football field can excuse his conduct in that club in Georgia.

    That vibe has been reinforced for me by the continuing coverage out of Pittsburgh, reading the investigative files from Georgia, my conversations with Steelers fans, and my travels around town. At a gathering of friends over chicken wings on Friday night, one black-and-gold die-hard, an ex-Marine, related his judgment to my wife in a single word.

    Dirtbag.

    Exactly.

    There's been some reflexive defense of Roethlisberger rooted in his star power and athletic gifts, but not much in the scheme of things. And there's a strong sense that the faithful expect and count on the Steelers' owners, the Rooney family, to do the right thing and at least suspend the guy, even though an elite quarterback is the most precious commodity in their business.

    The raw ingredients of this scandal are predictably combustible -- the gravitational pull of celebrity, animal attraction, the impulsiveness and foolishness of youth and, by all accounts, copious amounts of alcohol. Keeping the lid on such a situation requires someone involved to know better, and a loaded, star-struck, 20-year-old college student isn't the best bet for the role.

    It's clear in the public revulsion of erstwhile fans that how that dumb kid ended up in a dingy bar restroom with the star quarterback hit a good many people much like it did me. They see a daughter, a sister, a niece or, in my case, a goddaughter.

    Any of us with a young woman in our lives hope that someone would come to her aid if she found herself flirting with a prowling, world-wise shark and her judgment, maturity or capacity for booze failed her. It sounds as if that drunken kid's friends tried when one of Roethlisberger's "bodyguards" steered her into a hallway in the back of the club.

    One of them told police that she approached another bodyguard and told him her friend was in no condition to be culled from their group and left alone with Roethlisberger. She said the guy wouldn't look her in the eye.

    Well, no wonder.

    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified that Roethlisberger handler/enabler as an off-duty Pennsylvania state trooper, Ed Joyner. The GBI said the bodyguard who led the young woman to her encounter with Roethlisberger was also an off-duty cop, Coraopolis municipal officer Anthony Barravecchio.

    Yet another oath to protect and serve didn't work out much better for that kid when she and her friends sought out local police right after whatever happened in that restroom. The evidence suggests that Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash, who earlier in the evening had his picture taken with Roethlisberger, was more interested in covering the accused's backside than checking out allegations of a crime.

    One of the cops in Roethlisberger's posse, Barravecchio, told investigators that Blash approached him and called the young woman a "drunken bitch" who was "making (expletive) up" against "Ben." A friend of the accuser said Blash agreed to file a report, but said it would be a waste of time in light of Roethlisberger's wealth and legal resources.

    Blash resigned last week. Joyner, the Pennsylvania state trooper, is now the subject of an internal affairs investigation.

    After the district attorney in Georgia announced there was insufficient evidence to charge Roethlisberger with a crime -- and told him to "grow up" -- Steelers President Art Rooney II made it clear his quarterback will face disciplinary action after the NFL completes its review of his behavior. And that he'd be on a very short leash from now on.

    But the damage has been done. And it's the kind that lingers.

    One fan related to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette how his 8-year-old son asked him why his dad wouldn't let him wear his Roethlisberger jersey, his favorite shirt, to a Pittsburgh Penguins game. "Please ask Big Ben how he would have answered that question for me," the man wrote.

    That sometimes our heroes turn out to be heels is a hard lesson for a little boy. Those iconic black-and-gold jerseys are supposed to stand for something, and now No. 7's stands for that.
    Somebody who hurts others by spreading rumor and gossip so that he may benefit?

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    All these sports "journalists" are piling one for one reason - because it helps their employers get more "clicks" on-line (or sell more TV commercials, etc.), and so makes their job more secure.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.

    Opps I clicked


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #5

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.
    Actually, not prosecuting has zip to do with "four VERY drunk college girls" being poor witnesses.
    ONE very drunk college girl, the ONLY GIRL who knows if a crime occured does not want the McNulty treatment and does not want to pursue the matter.

    If she is forced to testify, an unwilling witness can suddenly "have difficulty recalling events," after all she had a lot to drink.

    When you see her drivin a new Beamer you will know why the prosecution has no case.

    At best the prosecution had a "he said she sajd". That is all you need to prosecute and believe me THEY WILL prosecute with no other evidence.

    But no "she said", no case.

  6. #6
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AZ (from South Side Pgh)
    Posts
    195

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    He said-she said. Many, many Steeler fans believe he is innocent but that he's just made some bad decisions. Most of these articles just tell 1 side, and we have no way of knowing what this person received in their emails. The witch-hunters are just crying louder than the rest of the people. As far as fans of other teams, they are just anti-Steelers no matter which player it would be.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.
    Actually, not prosecuting has zip to do with "four VERY drunk college girls" being poor witnesses.
    ONE very drunk college girl, the ONLY GIRL who knows if a crime occured does not want the McNulty treatment and does not want to pursue the matter.

    If she is forced to testify, an unwilling witness can suddenly "have difficulty recalling events," after all she had a lot to drink.

    When you see her drivin a new Beamer you will know why the prosecution has no case.

    At best the prosecution had a "he said she sajd". That is all you need to prosecute and believe me THEY WILL prosecute with no other evidence.

    But no "she said", no case.
    I am completely and utterly in disagreement with your sentiments.

    That is all.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  8. #8

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.
    Actually, not prosecuting has zip to do with "four VERY drunk college girls" being poor witnesses.
    ONE very drunk college girl, the ONLY GIRL who knows if a crime occured does not want the McNulty treatment and does not want to pursue the matter.

    If she is forced to testify, an unwilling witness can suddenly "have difficulty recalling events," after all she had a lot to drink.

    When you see her drivin a new Beamer you will know why the prosecution has no case.

    At best the prosecution had a "he said she sajd". That is all you need to prosecute and believe me THEY WILL prosecute with no other evidence.

    But no "she said", no case.

    Pretty much spot on.

    I'm glad someone gets it.

  9. #9

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.
    Actually, not prosecuting has zip to do with "four VERY drunk college girls" being poor witnesses.
    ONE very drunk college girl, the ONLY GIRL who knows if a crime occured does not want the McNulty treatment and does not want to pursue the matter.

    If she is forced to testify, an unwilling witness can suddenly "have difficulty recalling events," after all she had a lot to drink.

    When you see her drivin a new Beamer you will know why the prosecution has no case.

    At best the prosecution had a "he said she sajd". That is all you need to prosecute and believe me THEY WILL prosecute with no other evidence.

    But no "she said", no case.
    I am completely and utterly in disagreement with your sentiments.

    That is all.
    Yes, but you cannot explain "why" can you.

    In order to be "completely and utterly in disagreement" with me you must believe that that if the "alleged" victim was insistent on going after Ben she would have been ignored. That is ridiculous. Do you know what a stink she could raise if it looked like the rich famous athlete was "let off" easy. For political reasons alone that would never happen.

    Women who were drunk women testify "ALL THE TIME" in these situations. You dont drop a case because you dont believe her because she was drunk. Heck "she was drunk" all by itself can make it criminal.

    The credibility of her friends is meaningless without her because they werent in the bathroon. If the accuser insists on pursuing it, her friend can only testify on what they saw, which was not a crime.

    Drunk, fake ID doesnt stop it from being prosecuted. The jury would decide whether or not they are credible. Unless he "knows" they are lying the prosecuter will prosecute. His job is not to be judge and jury.

    The fact that suddenly the alleged vic does not want to pursue the matter (Payoff) and she is the the only one who "can" testify to a crime if a crime happened, is the only reason the case was dropped.

  10. #10

    Re: Even Steelers fans know there's no defense for Roethlisberge

    [quote=Captain Lemming]
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captain Lemming":280mxw8v
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

    One more time: it is NOT responsible to recite and retread witness statements from four VERY drunk college girls - who lied about their age, falsified IDs, and followed Ben around the town from bar to bar - as gospel. Please.

    The DA, who WANTED to prosecute, had to discount these witness statements so much he had to drop the case. But now these "journalists" are reciting them, without a so much as "allegedly". And it's influencing the opinion of just about everyone who hears it.

    Dirtbags.
    Actually, not prosecuting has zip to do with "four VERY drunk college girls" being poor witnesses.
    ONE very drunk college girl, the ONLY GIRL who knows if a crime occured does not want the McNulty treatment and does not want to pursue the matter.

    If she is forced to testify, an unwilling witness can suddenly "have difficulty recalling events," after all she had a lot to drink.

    When you see her drivin a new Beamer you will know why the prosecution has no case.

    At best the prosecution had a "he said she sajd". That is all you need to prosecute and believe me THEY WILL prosecute with no other evidence.

    But no "she said", no case.
    I am completely and utterly in disagreement with your sentiments.

    That is all.
    Yes, but you cannot explain "why" can you.

    In order to be "completely and utterly in disagreement" with me you must believe that that if the "alleged" victim was insistent on going after Ben she would have been ignored. That is ridiculous. Do you know what a stink she could raise if it looked like the rich famous athlete was "let off" easy. For political reasons alone that would never happen.

    Women who were drunk women testify "ALL THE TIME" in these situations. You dont drop a case because you dont believe her because she was drunk. Heck "she was drunk" all by itself can make it criminal.

    The credibility of her friends is meaningless without her because they werent in the bathroon. If the accuser insists on pursuing it, her friend can only testify on what they saw, which was not a crime.

    Drunk, fake ID doesnt stop it from being prosecuted. The jury would decide whether or not they are credible. Unless he "knows" they are lying the prosecuter will prosecute. His job is not to be judge and jury. OK, so from what you say, since he didn't prosecute, he "knows they are lying". I don't have a problem with that, I can easily buy the scenario the 4 DTF chicks decided this is what they were going to do, regardless of the facts.

    The fact that suddenly the alleged vic does not want to pursue the matter (Payoff) In a criminal case? Isn't that illegal, obstructing justice or something? and she is the the only one who "can" testify to a crime if a crime happened, is the only reason the case was dropped. Captain, you say this with such apparent certainty, but didn't the DA say exactly the opposite in his presser, something along the lines of, "Whether she wanted me to or not, if I had the evidence I would have prosecuted. However, bottom line, the evidence was not there to even have probable cause".[/quote:280mxw8v]


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •