Thread: Woodley:Ben Hasn't Lost Any Respect From Me At All

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley:Ben Hasn't Lost Any Respect From Me At All

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley joined Fox Sports Radio to talk about the Steelers’ tumultuous this offseason. Sports Radio Interviews, whose content frequently appears on SportingNews.com, transcribed the interview. To listen to the entire interview, SportsRadioInterviews.com.

On the Steelers trading wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the Jets:
    Woodley: The thing with Santonio was shocking to me too. I got a text at about 12 in the morning saying Santonio was traded to the Jets. At first I couldn’t believe it, but I guess it was a business decision at the end of the day by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The thing with Ben [Roethlisberger], I just wish the best for him in that situation. As a player, there’s nothing you can really do but hope he gets through that situation. But luckily he did and was able to move on and is now with the team.

On whether Roethlisberger has ‘lost’ the locker room:
    Woodley: I really can’t say. I can’t speak for everybody. I can’t say Ben’s lost the locker room. He hasn’t lost any respect from me at all. Ben’s a great guy, he’s a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happen -- guys into this, get into that -- and that doesn’t change how I think about a person at all.

On how the Rooney family is handling the Roethlisberger situation:
    Woodley: They’re supposed to be a straight-forward organization, because of the history and the type of players that they bring in, and the respect that they have around the league. So the Rooney’s don’t tolerate a lot of things just because of the respect that they have. That’s just the way it is.

On how much the Steelers’ 2009 season disappointed him:
    Woodley: Oh man, it burns you a lot because we went out there last season and lost games that we should have won. We lost games we had opportunities to win. We had leads of at least 10 or 14 points going into the fourth quarter, and the defense didn’t close out the game.

So this of-season, I’ve just been working so hard. Every time on the treadmill, doing a workout, I’m thinking about going in there and getting to somebody’s quarterback. So that’s the only thing on my mind: going out there and getting better individually. So when we come together as a team, I can go out and help my team win.

sportingnews.com
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Woodley:Ben Hasn't Lost Any Respect From Me At All

Colon

Colon said he and his teammates support Roethlisberger.

"Whatever he has to go through, I'm going to stand behind him, not only as a teammate, but as his friend and a brother," Colon said. "I'm going to make sure he gets through it."
    Farrior and Ward

Farrior said he exchanged texts with Roethlisberger in a display of support and encouragement.

"From the get-go, I wanted to let him know we're there for him, and we had his back,'' said Farrior, who plans to speak with Roethlisberger next week during the team's first voluntary practices of the offseason.

Added Ward: "We're a close-knit family. We are going to rally behind each other and support each other.''

Starter

User Info Menu

'bout time we see some support for Ben. Respect to Wood and Farrior...

Legend

User Info Menu

hwere's blackjack to comment on this

kingman with another swing and a miss

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

NFL Network reporting from Steelers camp said Arron Smith was asked if he still wanted BEN to be his QB.. He said " Wouldn't you!!!.. We are in the business of winning football games and thats what BEN does.. So yes I'm behind him "

Randel El, Ryan Clark and Troy were on the news yesterday saying the same thing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great to see them supporting Ben. But really, what do you expect them to say??

Last year Ward said one little thing about Ben sitting for a game and the media blew the effin thing up like it was a major brawl between the two of them.

I'm sure upper mgmt instructed the players on what to say when they were asked about Ben. And I'm glad. We don't need anymore crap this offseason.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Great to see them supporting Ben. But really, what do you expect them to say??

Last year Ward said one little thing about Ben sitting for a game and the media blew the effin thing up like it was a major brawl between the two of them.

I'm sure upper mgmt instructed the players on what to say when they were asked about Ben. And I'm glad. We don't need anymore crap this offseason.
    Because certain trolls are saying that no one is speaking up for ben.