Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: The wrong PA. QB got traded

  1. #21
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,940

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    That is nothing more than inflammatory hyperbole. Sure the author is entitled to his opinion, but he is exaggerating the known facts and acts as if the only rationale for a trade is the reading on the moral barometer. I believe Roethlisberger is an embarrassment who needs to get his act together. He should be heavily fined and suspended for two games in my opinion...but he also deserves a chance to turn around his image.

    If anyone believes that what Roethlisberger has done is so over-the-top that he is beyond redemption and should be traded - then that's their prerogative. I'd say a person like that is being a little judgmental without full knowledge of the facts, but that just me.

    We should all be on high alert for any future behavior remotely connected to drunken sexual conquests or really anything indicative that he is indeed a social retard. Until that evidence is presented, I'm going to root for what's in the best interests of the Pittsburgh Steelers, as I always have. I will do it with an open mind in regards to number 7. I'll still cheer him when he's great and curse him when he throws a pick or takes a sack.

    Good luck to all of you guys who hate him and want him gone. You face an interesting emotional dilemma once the games start (well...the one's he'll be playing in :P ).
    That's the beauty of being a Steeler fan and not a Ben fan, Troy fan, smith fan, Tomlin fan, etc, etc, it doesn't matter to me who's on the field, I cheer for the Steelers. If Ben's there I'll cheer for him, if it's dixon I'll cheer for him, if it's Tyler Palko, I'll cheer for him. It's the Steelers that I'mn a fan of for almost 40 years, players come and players go and my favorites are the ones that showed up for work, caused few or no problems within the team, caused little or no problems off the field and remember their time with the Steelers as time well spent.

    I doubt Ben ever falls into that category, although, I do appreciate the way he plays, Steeler games have never been so exciting or energizing and that includes the 70s Steelers. Ben makes the game extremely exciting win or lose and that makes Sundays fun during the late fall and winter. I want him as a Steeler until he retires, but not at the price fans, the city and the Rooneys are paying right now. He needs to develop some class, manners and respect.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #22
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,940

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    [quote=stlrz d][quote=Lebsteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":s1tx4s1d
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":s1tx4s1d
    Another "holier-than-thou" article from someone who muddles the facts in order to make his point. He completely glosses over the point that there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ben - but he doesn't let that stop him from essentially charging him anyway (following the lead of the DA & completely ignoring the accuser's credibility). He completely ignores the fact that the Reno case is bogus, the accuser is bogus & that Ben is counter-suing - but why let that get in the way of a good rant? Then he brings up the motorcycle thing again...can the team please distribute a release to remind the press that Ben was hit by someone going the wrong way & it was a bad accident, not some flaunting act of stupidity? Anyway, the best thing about a sports writer is that you always get to be right, never have to get all the details correct & when you are wrong - you never have to apologize.




    My turn to editorialize. Anyone (fan, sportswriter or talking head) who thinks Ben should be traded based on claims that are completely unsubstantiated is a pea-brained pinhead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Good luck to all of you guys who hate him and want him gone. You face an interesting emotional dilemma once the games start (well...the one's he'll be playing in :P ).
    I can't wait!
    You guys amaze me. Take your head out of the sand, your blinders off or whatever. I don't think anyone on this board has said they hate Ben. Most are disgusted with his behavior that night, not criminal behavior, but his judgement in putting himself in a situation like that. If you have read my posts, I have been a huge Ben fan and am simply disgusted with his off the field behavior. All you who can't admit that Ben has done ANYTHING wrong are probably as bad as the media who have gone the other way and made false accusations. I have always prided myself in being a Steeler fan. I will continue to cheer for the Steelers regardless of who the QB is.[/quote:s1tx4s1d]

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it. [/quote:s1tx4s1d]

    That's the easy way out of not having to chastise your favorite player. He made mistakes that night, in Nevada and opting to ride a barely street legal Hyabusa without a helmet after being advised that it wasn't a good idea by a few people who have been around the game. If you need absolute proof that Ben did anything wrong that night, that's fine, on the same note I don't need the DA to file charges, a trial ensue and Ben be convicted before I treat his behavior with disdain.

    He's behaved abhorrently and that may be a kind way of stating it. He's behaved like a caveman towards women, notice the classy ones aren't dating him any longer (Gulbis and Pergryn) they probably had enough of his frat-boy classlessness. If I recall correctly he was still linked with Pergryn prior to the Nevada incident. He's a social misfit right now and needs to gain some humility and show some respect for others, men and women alike.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Ben's not my favorite player. I'm a USC fan...Troy is my favorite player. He came from my favorite college, went to my favorite pro team and is one of the best defensive players in the league. And he plays the position I played in college. So yeah, he's my favorite.

    So those of you who think this has anything to do with Ben being my favorite player can kindly put that idea right up your chocolate starfish.

    I have not stated that Ben is completely innocent. What I have stated is that a bunch of buffoons who weren't there and have no clue what really happened are stupid enough to read the inconsistent accounts of drunken sorority sisters and take it as the absolute truth. See Leb, I'm too smart to believe all that without proof. Unlike too many here who buy into that Steeler Way myth, which is nothing more than a bunch of bullshit spouted by Steelers fans who want to somehow feel superior to other fans.

    The Steeler Way is being frugal with salaries in order to keep a consistent winner on the field. The Steeler Way is not blowing cash on big name free agents. The Steeler Way is bringing in quality free agents who don't have a lot of baggage for a good price.

    The rest is bullshit. Straight bullshit. The Steelers have had problems with players going back to the days of Johnny "Blood" McNally. And they continue through today. Just like they do with other teams.

    Perhaps if people didn't buy into all this bullshit and point their fingers in the faces of fans of other teams when they have players with issues their little feelings wouldn't be hurt so much. You know how much flak I get at work about this? None. You know why? Because I'm not a big-mouthed, cocky idiot who goes around telling people how superior I am to them because I cheer for a different football team than they do. Because if I did that then I'd be getting it thrown right back at me right now...just as many of you are, which is why so many of you have your little panties in a wad up your cracks, along with a big ol' grain of sand wedged firmly in your vag's.

    And perhaps if people would quit taking what they read in the fucking* tabloids as the truth without questioning it they might be able to pull their heads out of their collective asses and actually think about what they are saying?

    Nah...people are too stupid to do that. And the media knows it. Most of what's being posted here is proof of that.

    *if AA can do it then I can do it too.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    You sound like a very angry person. Congratulations... no one is giving you flack over this. Maybe it's because theyare afraid you will go postal.

    I can't see how any fan could be hurt over the jokes and flack they get from the latest incidents. We are fans, we aren't Ben and Santonio.

    Why are you calling everyone names and telling people to effe themselves if you are this rational guru you proclaim to be? You present yourself as this level headed all knowing righteous guy but you write a page of trash talking garbage and call anyone who doesn't walk with you names.

    You need to wooo sah or take a yoga class. It's obvious the front you put up has melted.

    I expect a nice dose of name calling...

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Ben's not my favorite player. I'm a USC fan...Troy is my favorite player. He came from my favorite college, went to my favorite pro team and is one of the best defensive players in the league. And he plays the position I played in college. So yeah, he's my favorite.

    So those of you who think this has anything to do with Ben being my favorite player can kindly put that idea right up your chocolate starfish.

    I have not stated that Ben is completely innocent. What I have stated is that a bunch of buffoons who weren't there and have no clue what really happened are stupid enough to read the inconsistent accounts of drunken sorority sisters and take it as the absolute truth. See Leb, I'm too smart to believe all that without proof. Unlike too many here who buy into that Steeler Way myth, which is nothing more than a bunch of bullshit spouted by Steelers fans who want to somehow feel superior to other fans.

    The Steeler Way is being frugal with salaries in order to keep a consistent winner on the field. The Steeler Way is not blowing cash on big name free agents. The Steeler Way is bringing in quality free agents who don't have a lot of baggage for a good price.

    The rest is bullshit. Straight bullshit. The Steelers have had problems with players going back to the days of Johnny "Blood" McNally. And they continue through today. Just like they do with other teams.

    Perhaps if people didn't buy into all this bullshit and point their fingers in the faces of fans of other teams when they have players with issues their little feelings wouldn't be hurt so much. You know how much flak I get at work about this? None. You know why? Because I'm not a big-mouthed, cocky idiot who goes around telling people how superior I am to them because I cheer for a different football team than they do. Because if I did that then I'd be getting it thrown right back at me right now...just as many of you are, which is why so many of you have your little panties in a wad up your cracks, along with a big ol' grain of sand wedged firmly in your vag's.

    And perhaps if people would quit taking what they read in the fucking* tabloids as the truth without questioning it they might be able to pull their heads out of their collective asses and actually think about what they are saying?

    Nah...people are too stupid to do that. And the media knows it. Most of what's being posted here is proof of that.

    *if AA can do it then I can do it too.
    D, you have a problem. If you want to act like that, go post over at StillerNation, Steeler Fury or somewhere where that kind of language and irrational behavior is welcome. I truly am sorry that you have to resort to this type of...well..."Ben" behavior.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    ........*if AA can do it then I can do it too.

    WOW!

    I used profanity as a positive emphasis for a board brother's excellent post. I would never use it to degrade a fellow member.

    I'm speechless.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Dizz you've called into question some of the morals & parenting skills & you think it's alright to jump on D for vigorously defending his view as much as you have? C'mon guys...we don't need to keep questioning each others loyalties to the team or individual players for our stances - we feel what we feel - but we need to respect what has happened & what will happen. What has happened is that our QB has put himself in some really bad situations, the LAW has not found him guilty, but his involvement is an embarrassment to the team - everything else is conjecture. So we don't have blinders on any more than you're leading a crusade...but however you feel, whatever punishment the NFL & the team doles out should be the end of it & we need to move on. Personally I'm glad Goodell is taking his time with his decision, it allows for a "cooling down" period & hopefully as more detail in Ben's favor comes to light & it doesn't remain front-page news, Goodell will show more leniency.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Dizz you've called into question some of the morals & parenting skills & you think it's alright to jump on D for vigorously defending his view as much as you have? C'mon guys...we don't need to keep questioning each others loyalties to the team or individual players for our stances - we feel what we feel - but we need to respect what has happened & what will happen. What has happened is that our QB has put himself in some really bad situations, the LAW has not found him guilty, but his involvement is an embarrassment to the team - everything else is conjecture. So we don't have blinders on any more than you're leading a crusade...but however you feel, whatever punishment the NFL & the team doles out should be the end of it & we need to move on. Personally I'm glad Goodell is taking his time with his decision, it allows for a "cooling down" period & hopefully as more detail in Ben's favor comes to light & it doesn't remain front-page news, Goodell will show more leniency.
    This has been my assertion and I'm sure pretty much most here who have been "disappointed" with this whole fiasco. Very well put, Life. As usual, Logic in excess.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Dizz you've called into question some of the morals & parenting skills & you think it's alright to jump on D for vigorously defending his view as much as you have? C'mon guys...we don't need to keep questioning each others loyalties to the team or individual players for our stances - we feel what we feel - but we need to respect what has happened & what will happen. What has happened is that our QB has put himself in some really bad situations, the LAW has not found him guilty, but his involvement is an embarrassment to the team - everything else is conjecture. So we don't have blinders on any more than you're leading a crusade...but however you feel, whatever punishment the NFL & the team doles out should be the end of it & we need to move on. Personally I'm glad Goodell is taking his time with his decision, it allows for a "cooling down" period & hopefully as more detail in Ben's favor comes to light & it doesn't remain front-page news, Goodell will show more leniency.
    This has been my assertion and I'm sure pretty much most here who have been "disappointed" with this whole fiasco. Very well put, Life. As usual, Logic in excess.
    Why thank you Asian...you're welcome to come to our point of view anytime - you're good people
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  10. #30

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Dizz you've called into question some of the morals & parenting skills & you think it's alright to jump on D for vigorously defending his view as much as you have? C'mon guys...we don't need to keep questioning each others loyalties to the team or individual players for our stances - we feel what we feel - but we need to respect what has happened & what will happen. What has happened is that our QB has put himself in some really bad situations, the LAW has not found him guilty, but his involvement is an embarrassment to the team - everything else is conjecture. So we don't have blinders on any more than you're leading a crusade...but however you feel, whatever punishment the NFL & the team doles out should be the end of it & we need to move on. Personally I'm glad Goodell is taking his time with his decision, it allows for a "cooling down" period & hopefully as more detail in Ben's favor comes to light & it doesn't remain front-page news, Goodell will show more leniency.
    This has been my assertion and I'm sure pretty much most here who have been "disappointed" with this whole fiasco. Very well put, Life. As usual, Logic in excess.
    +1, AA, I was going to highlight the exact same thing you did (in white)! I was also going to highlight the thing in green, I was trying to figure how to highlight two things without diluting attention from either. So, thanks!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •