Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: The wrong PA. QB got traded

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":z5vis4p3
    Another "holier-than-thou" article from someone who muddles the facts in order to make his point. He completely glosses over the point that there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ben - but he doesn't let that stop him from essentially charging him anyway (following the lead of the DA & completely ignoring the accuser's credibility). He completely ignores the fact that the Reno case is bogus, the accuser is bogus & that Ben is counter-suing - but why let that get in the way of a good rant? Then he brings up the motorcycle thing again...can the team please distribute a release to remind the press that Ben was hit by someone going the wrong way & it was a bad accident, not some flaunting act of stupidity? Anyway, the best thing about a sports writer is that you always get to be right, never have to get all the details correct & when you are wrong - you never have to apologize.




    My turn to editorialize. Anyone (fan, sportswriter or talking head) who thinks Ben should be traded based on claims that are completely unsubstantiated is a pea-brained pinhead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Good luck to all of you guys who hate him and want him gone. You face an interesting emotional dilemma once the games start (well...the one's he'll be playing in :P ).
    I can't wait! [/quote:z5vis4p3]
    You guys amaze me. Take your head out of the sand, your blinders off or whatever. I don't think anyone on this board has said they hate Ben. Most are disgusted with his behavior that night, not criminal behavior, but his judgement in putting himself in a situation like that. If you have read my posts, I have been a huge Ben fan and am simply disgusted with his off the field behavior. All you who can't admit that Ben has done ANYTHING wrong are probably as bad as the media who have gone the other way and made false accusations. I have always prided myself in being a Steeler fan. I will continue to cheer for the Steelers regardless of who the QB is.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    [quote=Lebsteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":258qb1tu
    Another "holier-than-thou" article from someone who muddles the facts in order to make his point. He completely glosses over the point that there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ben - but he doesn't let that stop him from essentially charging him anyway (following the lead of the DA & completely ignoring the accuser's credibility). He completely ignores the fact that the Reno case is bogus, the accuser is bogus & that Ben is counter-suing - but why let that get in the way of a good rant? Then he brings up the motorcycle thing again...can the team please distribute a release to remind the press that Ben was hit by someone going the wrong way & it was a bad accident, not some flaunting act of stupidity? Anyway, the best thing about a sports writer is that you always get to be right, never have to get all the details correct & when you are wrong - you never have to apologize.




    My turn to editorialize. Anyone (fan, sportswriter or talking head) who thinks Ben should be traded based on claims that are completely unsubstantiated is a pea-brained pinhead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Good luck to all of you guys who hate him and want him gone. You face an interesting emotional dilemma once the games start (well...the one's he'll be playing in :P ).
    I can't wait!
    You guys amaze me. Take your head out of the sand, your blinders off or whatever. I don't think anyone on this board has said they hate Ben. Most are disgusted with his behavior that night, not criminal behavior, but his judgement in putting himself in a situation like that. If you have read my posts, I have been a huge Ben fan and am simply disgusted with his off the field behavior. All you who can't admit that Ben has done ANYTHING wrong are probably as bad as the media who have gone the other way and made false accusations. I have always prided myself in being a Steeler fan. I will continue to cheer for the Steelers regardless of who the QB is.[/quote:258qb1tu]

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it.

    I don't think you needed to be there, D, to know he put himself in a bad situation. I think that's the contention of most of us who are "disgusted" with this whole thing. Its not the legal matter we're speaking of, its the situational circumstance that Ben put himself in... because no matter how anybody spins it... it was just DUMB!!!

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    I don't think the wrong QB was traded. Mcnabb's time was up in Philly. Many Philly fans wanted him gone. I hope Mcnabb has success with Washington. It will be interesting to see how he performs with another coach that likes to run more then Reid.

    Ben's situation is different. Ben might still be traded. I believe the discussions took place. Right now would be the time to trade a player like Ben (no salary capp and I believe his salary is 11 or 12 mill this season). I believe that right now Ben has a fairly high trade value. If he uses the same poor judgement off the field again, his value will drop. Same way that I believe Holmes value dropped. The Steelers have to decide if Ben learned from this lesson. It is probably costing the owners of the team some sleepless nights. Was Ben sincere in the meeting with Goodell and the organization?

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,900

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    LebSteel you have to realize there is a segment of fans on here who have the MSM gene in their DNA.

    Wanting Ben to throw a few passes away or blaming him for a missed opportunity in the redzone is seen as hating Ben and wanting him traded or dead. You can blame the media, FWP, Holmes, the OL, the drunk chick, the crazy hotel chick, the bar for not checking ID's, Arians, the internets and all those stories, camera's and you can even blame yourself...

    But don't you dare blame Ben. He is the beginning and end of all things Steelers and when he retires the city will be swallowed up by the 3 rivers. Bradshaw isn't even allowed to criticize Ben... what did that guy do for the Steelers anyway?

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    trade? NO. Suspension, Definetly. Ben needs to figure out that he can't live the way everyone else does. He can't end up in the police blotter. and in the long run, a suspension is no big deal.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    LebSteel you have to realize there is a segment of fans on here who have the MSM gene in their DNA.

    Wanting Ben to throw a few passes away or blaming him for a missed opportunity in the redzone is seen as hating Ben and wanting him traded or dead. You can blame the media, FWP, Holmes, the OL, the drunk chick, the crazy hotel chick, the bar for not checking ID's, Arians, the internets and all those stories, camera's and you can even blame yourself...

    But don't you dare blame Ben. He is the beginning and end of all things Steelers and when he retires the city will be swallowed up by the 3 rivers. Bradshaw isn't even allowed to criticize Ben... what did that guy do for the Steelers anyway?
    I am sure there is someone out there blaming BA. I believe he called audible for Ben to purchase a home down in Georgia.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it.

    I don't think you needed to be there, D, to know he put himself in a bad situation. I think that's the contention of most of us who are "disgusted" with this whole thing. Its not the legal matter we're speaking of, its the situational circumstance that Ben put himself in... because no matter how anybody spins it... it was just DUMB!!!
    All you know for sure is that he went to a bar with friends and two bodyguards. The rest is all hearsay.

    So unless a person was there and witnessed exactly what happened they are only speculating...at best.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,900

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":tfhaix89

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it.

    I don't think you needed to be there, D, to know he put himself in a bad situation. I think that's the contention of most of us who are "disgusted" with this whole thing. Its not the legal matter we're speaking of, its the situational circumstance that Ben put himself in... because no matter how anybody spins it... it was just DUMB!!!
    All you know for sure is that he went to a bar with friends and two bodyguards. The rest is all hearsay.

    So unless a person was there and witnessed exactly what happened they are only speculating...at best.[/quote:tfhaix89]

    just like you are speculating nothing happened and Ben is totally innocent. The press conferences, Goodell, and all the stories aren't due to a media lynching... Ben isn't the sweet innocent guy you want him to be. Not saying he is guilty but holing onto the pure and golden Ben is a losing battle.

    Something happened that night and I know it pisses you off that Ben off the field isn't the guy on the field. It's OK...

    it sucks.. it hurts... I know it does. But the sooner you admit Ben wasn't golden the night in question the easier it is to talk about. I'm not talking about the chick peeing either when saying golden.

    please do not cuss me out or call me a names

    it's just my opinion on the matter.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: The wrong PA. QB got traded

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":32vgeen4

    When you can tell me you were there and that you know exactly what he did then I'll gladly join you on your side of the fence.

    Innocent until proven guilty. Look into it.

    I don't think you needed to be there, D, to know he put himself in a bad situation. I think that's the contention of most of us who are "disgusted" with this whole thing. Its not the legal matter we're speaking of, its the situational circumstance that Ben put himself in... because no matter how anybody spins it... it was just DUMB!!!
    All you know for sure is that he went to a bar with friends and two bodyguards. The rest is all hearsay.

    So unless a person was there and witnessed exactly what happened they are only speculating...at best.[/quote:32vgeen4]
    I was only joking in the other thread about you giving yourself credit for being smart, now I'm starting to wonder....I'll choose to believe that you really are smarter than you indicate in that post. There is NO conspiracy!! Read this carefully...Ben acted in a manner that is going to cause him to be disciplined by the NFL and the Steelers! That is a fact. He may not be traded, BUT he will be disciplined for his inappropriate actions. That is being real.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •