Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It serves no real productive purpose for Ben to tell his side of the story at this point. First, because he probably did do something wrong...just probably not rape. Second, attacking the girl at this juncture would make him look like more of a douchebag.

So, what is he supposed to say..."Yeah, she was throwing it on me all night, DTF this...i'll give you a birthday BJ that. So, I said what the %^&* I'll give this drunk girl a spin. Yeah, she was trashed. Yeah I fed her drunk #$% shots. Was she sober enough to give proper consent? Hell nah. So, I took her in the bathroom and took care of business. She didn't fight it but she could barely stand. Then afterwards her soho buddies decide to get all "emotional" and express "concern". We all know what that's about...jealous she got a taste of little Ben. Next thing you know I'm being told she said I raped her. What the $%^&. I never raped that bytch."

That right there guys is a best case scenerio...seriously. Do you really want Ben on national television telling what "really happened"? I don't.
    That's my point Shawn. If he did NOTHING wrong, then he or his lawyer should be speaking out, but, he probably can't precisely because of what you said above. He probably behaved in a manner that is despicable and can't admit to that. For some posters to say he has done NOTHING wrong is a little naive and just as bad as the media who are making things up to prove a point.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.
    If Ben did nothing wrong, if all the drunken sorority sisters tales were just that, then why not tell the truth? Is Ben a saint and taking all this humiliation even though he did NOTHING wrong? No, I don't think so and that is truly sad for this Steeler fan. I would LOVE to hear Ben, Colon and the police officers step up and speak the truth. I guess only time will tell.
    Like I said, I don't think Ben or his lawyer can speak about the case right now because there is still the possibility of a civil suit. Now the other guys can speak and we are hearing some things trickle out. They also hired a PI, he's probably still investigating.
    Well, if her reason for not wanting to pursue charges is true, the not wanting her name out there and not wanting to go through it, then she won't go the civil route either. Andrea McNulty's name is out there, as is the supposed tale she has told of her encounter with Ben. Personally, and obviously this is just my speculation, but I would guess there was some sort of agreement made by the two sides on or around March 17. Whatever that entailed is anyones guess. But who knows, maybe part of that agreement was Ben and his lawyers can't say anything about that night.
    @_Hellgrammite

It serves no real productive purpose for Ben to tell his side of the story at this point. First, because he probably did do something wrong...just probably not rape. Second, attacking the girl at this juncture would make him look like more of a douchebag.

So, what is he supposed to say..."Yeah, she was throwing it on me all night, DTF this...i'll give you a birthday BJ that. So, I said what the %^&* I'll give this drunk girl a spin. Yeah, she was trashed. Yeah I fed her drunk #$% shots. Was she sober enough to give proper consent? Hell nah. So, I took her in the bathroom and took care of business. She didn't fight it but she could barely stand. Then afterwards her soho buddies decide to get all "emotional" and express "concern". We all know what that's about...jealous she got a taste of little Ben. Next thing you know I'm being told she said I raped her. What the $%^&. I never raped that bytch."

That right there guys is a best case scenerio...seriously. Do you really want Ben on national television telling what "really happened"? I don't.
    That's my point Shawn. If he did NOTHING wrong, then he or his lawyer should be speaking out, but, he probably can't precisely because of what you said above. He probably behaved in a manner that is despicable and can't admit to that. For some posters to say he has done NOTHING wrong is a little naive and just as bad as the media who are making things up to prove a point.
    There is a reason that there are laws on the books about having sex with an intoxicated individual. If she was a .2 at the hospital hours after her last drink...what state of mind was this girl in the night that she had "consensual" sex. I'm sorry but a woman that drunk can't give consent. Essentially Ben did rape that girl just not in the way we think of rape. But, those cases are hard to prosecute and are rarely prosecuted.

Was this girl at fault...absolutely. She showed horrific judgement by getting that trashed and chasing Ben around all night. Was Ben at fault? Oh yes...having sex with a girl that has a problem standing? That's an issue.

I know some still stand by the idea that Ben didn't have sex with her. We all know that is ridiculous and taking Ben support to a new insane level.

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":38nkufig
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.
    If Ben did nothing wrong, if all the drunken sorority sisters tales were just that, then why not tell the truth? Is Ben a saint and taking all this humiliation even though he did NOTHING wrong? No, I don't think so and that is truly sad for this Steeler fan. I would LOVE to hear Ben, Colon and the police officers step up and speak the truth. I guess only time will tell.
    Like I said, I don't think Ben or his lawyer can speak about the case right now because there is still the possibility of a civil suit. Now the other guys can speak and we are hearing some things trickle out. They also hired a PI, he's probably still investigating.
    Well, if her reason for not wanting to pursue charges is true, the not wanting her name out there and not wanting to go through it, then she won't go the civil route either. Andrea McNulty's name is out there, as is the supposed tale she has told of her encounter with Ben. Personally, and obviously this is just my speculation, but I would guess there was some sort of agreement made by the two sides on or around March 17. Whatever that entailed is anyones guess. But who knows, maybe part of that agreement was Ben and his lawyers can't say anything about that night.[/quote:38nkufig]

She doesn't want her name out there because she was at fault that night too. She was acting like a drunk ho. Ben was very wrong as well. He paid her...made this "go away" and this portion is over. There won't be a civil suit.

Pro Bowler

Lawyer For Ben's Bodyguard Defends Client

They claim Ben Roethlisberger and his friends worked together in the alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old college student.

The allegations come from hundreds of pages of documents released by authorities in Georgia.

This latest account comes from deep within the 500 pages of case files released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Detailed are two supposed unwanted sexual encounters between Roethlisberger and a 21-year-old Georgia woman who reportedly told others that she drove a drunken Roethlisberger home and that he slammed the door behind her and pulled his pants down.

In another encounter, he is said to have lured her into a bedroom and put his hand up her skirt.

The problem with the information is that it is third-hand and the woman declined to speak with police.

"We do not prosecute morals, we prosecute crimes," District Attorney Fred Bright said on Monday.

These new details were released along with others about Roethlisberger on the early morning of March 5 when he was accused of sexual assault by a 20-year-old co-ed.

In a statement written the morning after, the victim says Roethlisberger cornered her in a bathroom and wouldn't let her leave.

"I still said, 'No, this is not OK,' and then he had sex with me. He said it was OK. He then left without saying anything."

But this differs from her initial statement to a police officer.

"But he said quote, 'Did he rape you?' and her response was, 'No,'" Bright said. "Next, the first officer asked did they have sex and she said, 'Well, I'm not sure.'"

"If they believed her or believed this story, they would have filed they did not so they did not file," Michael Santicola, an attorney for the Coraopolis police officer who was serving as a security guard for Roethlisberger that night, said.

Santicola disputes several accounts in the police files, including one from a friend of the victim who says Roethlisberger exposed himself on his way to the bathroom where the alleged assault occurred.

Sheehan: "What about Ben having his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely, untrue. Not one single shred of truth in that statement."

Sheehan: "He didn't walk down the hallway with his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely not."

Steelers President Art Rooney II said the team and the league will discipline Roethlisberger but give him a chance to redeem himself as quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rooney called certain allegations revealed earlier in the week at the DA's press conference "conjecture" and said the essential point the Steelers took away is that Ben was not charged.

Legend

I don't see why Ben or his lawyer or another member of Ben's camp can't refute these allegations right now. I believe it is because Ben wasn't a boy scout on that night.

We have all been in a bar or at a party where there is a horn dog of a girl down to do whatever... there will be no stories of rose petals and wine by candle light..

the details of a dank bathroom, shots in a po-dunk bar and a fake VIP area with a sloppy drunk DTF 20 year old can't be shined... it's sh!t anyway you try to flip it.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

I don't see why Ben or his lawyer or another member of Ben's camp can't refute these allegations right now. I believe it is because Ben wasn't a boy scout on that night.

We have all been in a bar or at a party where there is a horn dog of a girl down to do whatever... there will be no stories of rose petals and wine by candle light..

the details of a dank bathroom, shots in a po-dunk bar and a fake VIP area with a sloppy drunk DTF 20 year old can't be shined... it's sh!t anyway you try to flip it.
    It's starting to come out..

Santicola disputes several accounts in the police files, including one from a friend of the victim who says Roethlisberger exposed himself on his way to the bathroom where the alleged assault occurred.

Sheehan: "What about Ben having his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely, untrue. Not one single shred of truth in that statement."

Sheehan: "He didn't walk down the hallway with his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely not."

This is the second accusation that Ben likes to expose himself. It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it were true. Also I don't believe the PO is being as honest as he needs to be in this situation.

Legend

For someone who is in the medical profession, where evidence, data, test results, etc are of the utmost importance...you sure are making a lot of assumptions here Shawn.

You may ultimately be right about some of them...but I'm just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    For someone who is in the medical profession, where evidence, data, test results, etc are of the utmost importance...you sure are making a lot of assumptions here Shawn.

You may ultimately be right about some of them...but I'm just sayin'....
    We are not convicting Ben of a crime. When this was a criminal case...I supported Ben to the fullest? Why? Because, I didn't believe there was enough evidence to put him in prison.

But, this is no longer criminal...this is court of public opinion and that is based on preponderance of evidence. First, the girl had superficial vaginal abrasions and bleeding. Abrasions in the vaginal area quickly heal because of the robust blood supply. If it had even happened 12 hours before I would know as an examiner. An abrasion that happened 2 hours ago looks different from one that happened 12 hours ago...especially in the vaginal area. Bleeding indicates very recent trauma. We also know she tested at a .2 and could barely write her name on the police reports. This was hours after her last drink and the incident.

Since, I don't need without a reasonable doubt evidence to convict Ben of being a douche I can say that the evidence points to a very drunk chick having sex...probably rough sex VERY recently. Reading all the stories...I believe that person to be Ben. Is it possible she eff'd some other guy right before...then blamed Ben? Sure...but it's unlikely. It's more likely that Ben had sex with a very drunk girl.

So lets go over the douchebaggery list...

-Ben buys shots for girls that are not old enough to drink and are probably too drunk to have more.
    -Evidence points towards Ben having sex with a girl not sober enough to give consent.
    -Public indecency...sex in a public restroom is a crime.

Anything else is just icing on the cake. That right there is enough to be upset with Ben.