Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,192

    Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided


  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Florio just can't resist adding his little douchebag comments, can he?

  3. #3

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Florio just can't resist adding his little douchebag comments, can he?
    It's pretty obvious the lawyer is trying to protect his guy. The DA made the bodyguards out to be part of the scenario, and that could affect the off duty cops real jobs. At least someone feels the need to stand up and tell their side of the story.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Florio just can't resist adding his little douchebag comments, can he?
    He makes me sick...

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

    There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    @_Hellgrammite

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,521

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

    There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

    There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.
    If Ben did nothing wrong, if all the drunken sorority sisters tales were just that, then why not tell the truth? Is Ben a saint and taking all this humiliation even though he did NOTHING wrong? No, I don't think so and that is truly sad for this Steeler fan. I would LOVE to hear Ben, Colon and the police officers step up and speak the truth. I guess only time will tell.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,521

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

    There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.
    If Ben did nothing wrong, if all the drunken sorority sisters tales were just that, then why not tell the truth? Is Ben a saint and taking all this humiliation even though he did NOTHING wrong? No, I don't think so and that is truly sad for this Steeler fan. I would LOVE to hear Ben, Colon and the police officers step up and speak the truth. I guess only time will tell.
    Like I said, I don't think Ben or his lawyer can speak about the case right now because there is still the possibility of a civil suit. Now the other guys can speak and we are hearing some things trickle out. They also hired a PI, he's probably still investigating.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Maybe Ben or someone on his side other than a cops lawyer should explain what went down then instead of holding a presser to say sorry, and by the way i will never answer any questions about details from that night. We only heard one side of the story because that is the only side that talked. Whose fault is that?

    There wasn't even a real statement after the announcement that no charges would be filed from Ben's own lawyer. Shouldn't he chastise the DA down there for his statements? Calling the girl the victim in the same breath he is saying he isn't filing criminal charges and verbally berating Ben on that platform was uncalled for. Why no mention of the girls morals when she was in 3 different bars and had a .20 BAC? Ben is the sole reason she blew a .20 when she was in 3 different bars?
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Ben and his lawyer can't say anything because of a possible civil suit.
    If Ben did nothing wrong, if all the drunken sorority sisters tales were just that, then why not tell the truth? Is Ben a saint and taking all this humiliation even though he did NOTHING wrong? No, I don't think so and that is truly sad for this Steeler fan. I would LOVE to hear Ben, Colon and the police officers step up and speak the truth. I guess only time will tell.
    Like I said, I don't think Ben or his lawyer can speak about the case right now because there is still the possibility of a civil suit. Now the other guys can speak and we are hearing some things trickle out. They also hired a PI, he's probably still investigating.
    OK, the possibility of a civil suit is out there. But, IF you did nothing wrong, why not get the truth out there now? What will it hurt to speak the truth? Your story will not change if you are speaking the truth right now. The only things I have heard trickle out are that the police officers are being investigated for morals violations. I am truly not being sarcastic or challenging what you are saying, I simply don't understand why Ben's lawyer will not speak the truth right now. Maybe I am just a little impatient and my desire for the Steelers and Ben (the face of the franchise) to be the best team/person, on the field and off the field, runs a little too high.

  10. #10

    Re: Lawyer says Ben case has been reported one sided

    It serves no real productive purpose for Ben to tell his side of the story at this point. First, because he probably did do something wrong...just probably not rape. Second, attacking the girl at this juncture would make him look like more of a douchebag.

    So, what is he supposed to say..."Yeah, she was throwing it on me all night, DTF this...i'll give you a birthday BJ that. So, I said what the %^&* I'll give this drunk girl a spin. Yeah, she was trashed. Yeah I fed her drunk #$% shots. Was she sober enough to give proper consent? Hell nah. So, I took her in the bathroom and took care of business. She didn't fight it but she could barely stand. Then afterwards her soho buddies decide to get all "emotional" and express "concern". We all know what that's about...jealous she got a taste of little Ben. Next thing you know I'm being told she said I raped her. What the $%^&. I never raped that bytch."

    That right there guys is a best case scenerio...seriously. Do you really want Ben on national television telling what "really happened"? I don't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •