Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How in the hell does a thread about the Rams saying they won't sign Bradford before the draft deteriorate into another pointless argument about Ben's hairstyle and wardrobe when reading a prepared statement? Hasn't this stupid argument already been made in countless other threads that aren't supposed to be about the Rams' #1 overall draft pick?
    Why do you suppose that is? Maybe it is important to some people? I'm just guessing? It is unfortunate that Ben is getting this type of publicity, for sure, but it seems to be an important and very emotional subject for many posters. Maybe because we all love the Steelers, regardless of whether you support Ben or blame him for his boorish, childish, totally irresponsible actions...oops! Sorry.

Hey, when's the draft thing?

I must admit it would be nice to keep the Ben debates in Ben threads. I'm ready to talk draft personally.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I must admit it would be nice to keep the Ben debates in Ben threads. I'm ready to talk draft personally.
    Uhhhhhhhh from the guy who started this thread....this thread is about trading Ben. Maybe you might wanna read it again??

Why do the Rams make a statement that they arent going to sign Sam Bradford before the draft and why will the Steelers not discipline Ben till after the draft? Why did the Steelers leak to the media that they think Sam Bradford is the real deal and would be interested with the right offer to draft Bradford??

Think about it. And I say this would be in the best interests of the Steelers.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

[quote=Sugar]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":wldm012z]Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290[/url]

Just pull the trigger already.
    Dub, having been burned by Ben, I doubt the Steelers would be eager to give Bradford a guaranteed $50 million contract plus more money per year than Ben is making now. Just not going to happen. BUT, if it does....you will be the prognosticator of the decade!

I would take Seattle's two first round picks (6 and 14) and pick Berry and Earl Thomas and then take Jared Odrick at 18. That would be a great future defense!
    Ok, and who would be our QB? Ben is worth more than the #6 and #14 picks in this draft
    and he's worth more than St. Louis' #1 overall. This trade would have to be a true King's Ransom in order to happen. How about the Rams #1 overall, their second rounder this year AND their second rounder next year?

Better yet, no trade at all.
    OK, we take the Rams offer and draft Suh, Kyle Wilson at 18 and then Tebow at 33.

You know what I'd really like to see is Ben, Colon and the bodyguards come out and say that NONE of it ever happened and sign a statement to that effect. But, sadly I don't think they can.
    Their attorneys would be fools if they let them.[/quote:wldm012z]

Only if they actually did what they are accused of, if they didn't, then there's nothing to be foolish about is there?

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.46) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    3.118 ) Brandon Coleman - WR
    4.157) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    5.192)
    6.215) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.230)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    You know what I'd really like to see is Ben, Colon and the bodyguards come out and say that NONE of it ever happened and sign a statement to that effect. But, sadly I don't think they can.

Only if they actually did what they are accused of, if they didn't, then there's nothing to be foolish about is there?

Pappy
    Standard operating procedure for any athlete caught in some trouble nowadays...deny without being specific, be contrite & apologize to everyone & no one in particular, promise you'll do better & hope that with everyone's help & understanding that you'll win back their trust, don't discuss any details & lay low so the whole thing blows over faster. If anything comes out at all, it'll be from the lawyers.

As to the speculation of a trade?...I don't see it happening because of the precedent it would set from the union's perspective & from future FA movement from the players' perspective. On the precipice of contract negotiations, the union would certainly file some sort of grievance saying the NFL had overstepped it's bounds in regards to punishment & allege complicity with the owners to blackball players. Players, if not already gun-shy about Pittsburgh money-wise, will certainly be even more so seeing that ownership will not stand up for them & are willing to throw them "under the bus".

Besides, the Rams NEED Bradford...they need a draw, they need hope, they need a QB. The only way it goes differently is if they trade with the Browns.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...