Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578

    Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290

    Just pull the trigger already.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290

    Just pull the trigger already.
    Dub, having been burned by Ben, I doubt the Steelers would be eager to give Bradford a guaranteed $50 million contract plus more money per year than Ben is making now. Just not going to happen. BUT, if it does....you will be the prognosticator of the decade!

    I would take Seattle's two first round picks (6 and 14) and pick Berry and Earl Thomas and then take Jared Odrick at 18. That would be a great future defense!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290

    Just pull the trigger already.
    Dub, having been burned by Ben, I doubt the Steelers would be eager to give Bradford a guaranteed $50 million contract plus more money per year than Ben is making now. Just not going to happen. BUT, if it does....you will be the prognosticator of the decade!

    I would take Seattle's two first round picks (6 and 14) and pick Berry and Earl Thomas and then take Jared Odrick at 18. That would be a great future defense!
    Ok, and who would be our QB? Ben is worth more than the #6 and #14 picks in this draft
    and he's worth more than St. Louis' #1 overall. This trade would have to be a true King's Ransom in order to happen. How about the Rams #1 overall, their second rounder this year AND their second rounder next year?

    Better yet, no trade at all.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    [quote=NW Steeler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":d0wwbkjt]Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

    [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290[/url]

    Just pull the trigger already.
    Dub, having been burned by Ben, I doubt the Steelers would be eager to give Bradford a guaranteed $50 million contract plus more money per year than Ben is making now. Just not going to happen. BUT, if it does....you will be the prognosticator of the decade!

    I would take Seattle's two first round picks (6 and 14) and pick Berry and Earl Thomas and then take Jared Odrick at 18. That would be a great future defense!
    Ok, and who would be our QB? Ben is worth more than the #6 and #14 picks in this draft
    and he's worth more than St. Louis' #1 overall. This trade would have to be a true King's Ransom in order to happen. How about the Rams #1 overall, their second rounder this year AND their second rounder next year?

    Better yet, no trade at all.[/quote:d0wwbkjt]
    OK, we take the Rams offer and draft Suh, Kyle Wilson at 18 and then Tebow at 33.

    You know what I'd really like to see is Ben, Colon and the bodyguards come out and say that NONE of it ever happened and sign a statement to that effect. But, sadly I don't think they can.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    [quote=Lebsteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":sxz4x54b]Hmmmmmmmmmm???? Let me see if I have this straight...Ben wont be punished till after the draft and the Rams are telling the media ahead of time they wont sign Bradford before the draft??? Hmmmmmmmm??

    [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5101290[/url]

    Just pull the trigger already.
    Dub, having been burned by Ben, I doubt the Steelers would be eager to give Bradford a guaranteed $50 million contract plus more money per year than Ben is making now. Just not going to happen. BUT, if it does....you will be the prognosticator of the decade!

    I would take Seattle's two first round picks (6 and 14) and pick Berry and Earl Thomas and then take Jared Odrick at 18. That would be a great future defense!
    Ok, and who would be our QB? Ben is worth more than the #6 and #14 picks in this draft
    and he's worth more than St. Louis' #1 overall. This trade would have to be a true King's Ransom in order to happen. How about the Rams #1 overall, their second rounder this year AND their second rounder next year?

    Better yet, no trade at all.
    OK, we take the Rams offer and draft Suh, Kyle Wilson at 18 and then Tebow at 33.

    You know what I'd really like to see is Ben, Colon and the bodyguards come out and say that NONE of it ever happened and sign a statement to that effect. But, sadly I don't think they can.[/quote:sxz4x54b]

    Their attorneys would be fools if they let them.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Sugar, maybe I am a fool and a little naive for thinking that the truth always wins out. How could they get themselves in trouble by telling the truth?

    I want to support Ben, as you do, but listening to the DA's press conference, as well as Ben's, reading the police reports filed by four girls who at least got their story (fabricated or not) consistent, I can't draw any other logical conclusion than Ben has a real problem. I didn't say he committed a crime. Nobody will ever know that. But he definitely has some serious issues.

    I was incredibly disappointed in his appearance at his press conference. Is he really dumb as a box of rocks or does he not care? For crying out loud, at least look like a choir boy when you read what he did. Instead, it was a very mixed signal. He says the right things but looks the part of a sleazy bar room skirt chaser. If you were summoned to appear in front of the public to apologize for something you had done, would you really look like he did? Also, if Ben did nothing wrong, what is he apologizing for? Why are the Rooneys and the NFL planning to discipline him? Do you think Ben is simply a victim of false accusations?

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Sugar, maybe I am a fool and a little naive for thinking that the truth always wins out. How could they get themselves in trouble by telling the truth?

    I want to support Ben, as you do, but listening to the DA's press conference, as well as Ben's, reading the police reports filed by four girls who at least got their story (fabricated or not) consistent, I can't draw any other logical conclusion than Ben has a real problem. I didn't say he committed a crime. Nobody will ever know that. But he definitely has some serious issues.

    I was incredibly disappointed in his appearance at his press conference. Is he really dumb as a box of rocks or does he not care? For crying out loud, at least look like a choir boy when you read what he did. Instead, it was a very mixed signal. He says the right things but looks the part of a sleazy bar room skirt chaser. If you were summoned to appear in front of the public to apologize for something you had done, would you really look like he did? Also, if Ben did nothing wrong, what is he apologizing for? Why are the Rooneys and the NFL planning to discipline him? Do you think Ben is simply a victim of false accusations?
    You know, the Truth will win out- in the end. It could take years for that to happen. The DA's press conference means nothing to me. Maybe it's because I deal with litigators all day long, but his statement didn't impress me at all. There's a lot of she-said and not much he-said cuz he aint talking (probably on the advice of counsel- it is a criminal charge and very different from a civil charge)

    So his appearance when reading the obligatory statement (that was probablyl re-drafted several times by counsel) disappointed you? Really?!?!? What, you didn't like his hair or his shirt?

    The man was told to apologize and he did, mostly for embarassing the Steelers and the NFL. That doesn't imply any guilt at all except for guilty of bad PR.

    BTW- that's the same reason for IF the discipline him. They got embarrased because a big star got caught in some tabloid business and it will be all about PR to make everyone think that they are upstanding and actually care.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Sugar, maybe I am a fool and a little naive for thinking that the truth always wins out. How could they get themselves in trouble by telling the truth?

    I want to support Ben, as you do, but listening to the DA's press conference, as well as Ben's, reading the police reports filed by four girls who at least got their story (fabricated or not) consistent, I can't draw any other logical conclusion than Ben has a real problem. I didn't say he committed a crime. Nobody will ever know that. But he definitely has some serious issues.

    I was incredibly disappointed in his appearance at his press conference. Is he really dumb as a box of rocks or does he not care? For crying out loud, at least look like a choir boy when you read what he did. Instead, it was a very mixed signal. He says the right things but looks the part of a sleazy bar room skirt chaser. If you were summoned to appear in front of the public to apologize for something you had done, would you really look like he did? Also, if Ben did nothing wrong, what is he apologizing for? Why are the Rooneys and the NFL planning to discipline him? Do you think Ben is simply a victim of false accusations?
    You know, the Truth will win out- in the end. It could take years for that to happen. The DA's press conference means nothing to me. Maybe it's because I deal with litigators all day long, but his statement didn't impress me at all. There's a lot of she-said and not much he-said cuz he aint talking (probably on the advice of counsel- it is a criminal charge and very different from a civil charge)

    So his appearance when reading the obligatory statement (that was probablyl re-drafted several times by counsel) disappointed you? Really?!?!? What, you didn't like his hair or his shirt?

    The man was told to apologize and he did, mostly for embarassing the Steelers and the NFL. That doesn't imply any guilt at all except for guilty of bad PR.

    BTW- that's the same reason for IF the discipline him. They got embarrased because a big star got caught in some tabloid business and it will be all about PR to make everyone think that they are upstanding and actually care.
    Actually, it was his slacks, they were wrinkled...really? You thought his hair style looked professional? Why did he get his hair cut to go see the Commish? Maybe he coincidentally had a long standing hair cut appointment that day? As you said, it is all about the PR. He should have cut his hair before his press conference if he was at all concerned about the PR. He must have had a change of heart the next day?

    So, back to my original question...why is the counsel telling him not to talk? If Ben and his boys are TOTALLY innocent then how can they get in trouble? If they did nothing other than buy a few drinks, talk and laugh, then what is the problem in telling the truth? I too hope that the truth wins out!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Actually, it was his slacks, they were wrinkled...really? You thought his hair style looked professional? Why did he get his hair cut to go see the Commish? Maybe he coincidentally had a long standing hair cut appointment that day? As you said, it is all about the PR. He should have cut his hair before his press conference if he was at all concerned about the PR. He must have had a change of heart the next day?

    So, back to my original question...why is the counsel telling him not to talk? If Ben and his boys are TOTALLY innocent then how can they get in trouble? If they did nothing other than buy a few drinks, talk and laugh, then what is the problem in telling the truth? I too hope that the truth wins out!
    I'm saying I don't care how he dressed. That is not an indicator of truthfulness. Maybe he didn't have a suit on him, I don't know. It's so very irrelavent to me.

    I work with litigators all day every day and there are various reasons why they might counsel him not to say anything. Remember this is a criminal issue, not a civil one like NV where he was able to make a far more forceful statement. He's made his statement to the authorities and that will have to do it.

    I'm really sorry if that doesn't appease some fans, but you can't always get what you want.

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,692

    Re: Rams say they wont sign Bradford before the draft...

    How in the hell does a thread about the Rams saying they won't sign Bradford before the draft deteriorate into another pointless argument about Ben's hairstyle and wardrobe when reading a prepared statement? Hasn't this stupid argument already been made in countless other threads that aren't supposed to be about the Rams' #1 overall draft pick?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •