Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

  1. #31

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    i'm still kind of amazed that this drunk girl and her friends just kept wandering into the same bars where ben happened to be even though it states his party left without telling them where they were going.

    just dumb ****ing luck i guess.

    DTF

  2. #32

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    i'm still kind of amazed that this drunk girl and her friends just kept wandering into the same bars where ben happened to be even though it states his party left without telling them where they were going.

    just dumb bad word luck i guess.

    DTF
    Yeah sucks getting raped. Ask Stlrzd, its obvious that it's probably happened to him a couple times, only he wishes Ben did it.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    dont want to get in the middle of this arguement

    but, why wouldn't you just wait. i dont believe we've heard the end of all sides to the story.
    once more of the story comes out, it might be easier to figure out what happened instead of assuming the accusers statements are true and having to backtrack later if you're wrong
    I'll add to your point NJ...we don't need to wait, the DA reviewed all the evidence & interviews found that that there wasn't enough to charge him - that's it, there's no more, roll credits. We are where we are because an over-zealous DA decided to use his podium as a pulpit & cast dispersions on Ben's character rather than include the accuser in this drama, who at minimum was stupidly drunk & underage, & somehow managed to escape his definition of having poor "morals". What we need is to hear not from Ben (who needs to be silent yet contrite - per the Tiger manual), but from his lawyer Ed Garland who surely has evidence & testimony to support Ben's cause. I imagine if he's worth what everyone says he is, then it's pretty damaging to the accuser.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,096

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=Steel Life]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":1it1qx4k
    dont want to get in the middle of this arguement

    but, why wouldn't you just wait. i dont believe we've heard the end of all sides to the story.
    once more of the story comes out, it might be easier to figure out what happened instead of assuming the accusers statements are true and having to backtrack later if you're wrong
    I'll add to your point NJ...we don't need to wait, the DA reviewed all the evidence & interviews found that that there wasn't enough to charge him - that's it, there's no more, roll credits. We are where we are because an over-zealous DA decided to use his podium as a pulpit & cast dispersions on Ben's character rather than include the accuser in this drama, who at minimum was stupidly drunk & underage, & somehow managed to escape his definition of having poor "morals". What we need is to hear not from Ben (who needs to be silent yet contrite - per the Tiger manual), but from his lawyer Ed Garland who surely has evidence & testimony to support Ben's cause. I imagine if he's worth what everyone says he is, then it's pretty damaging to the accuser.[/quote:1it1qx4k]

    Of course, there is that.

    We need to remember that this isn't some case where Ben was charged and then found "not guilty" on some techinicality or something. There wasn't even a charge brought due to the fact that there was no evidence to support it. Ben shouldn't have to say anything, but I'm sure at least some details will come out over time. The last thing you want to do in a case like this is tar the female in a criminal case- it doesn't sit well with most people. You take the lesser of two evils and just shut up.

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,129

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    If these allegations and off field incidents happened to any other NFL superstar athlete in a different uni I wonder how many on here would defend every move the guy has made.

    I understand the impact Ben has to our win loss column but I don't understand how or why anyone could vouch for the guy off the field right now...

    I'm not saying Ben did it... but I wouldn't proclaim he was totally innocent and this is one big media lynching because the media hates Ben or the Steelers. A Sgt. lost his job and another off duty cop or 2 will be scrutinized over this. It's not a conspiracy... and I love conspiracies. LOL!!!

    Look at R. Kelly... he had a sex tape with a minor and he repeatedly re-focused the camera to get it all on film. The family actually defended R.Kelly in the trial and he walked because money talks. I'm not comparing Ben to R. Kelly... just pointing out how the "total innocence talk" is a stretch in the eyes of the public.

  6. #36

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    If these allegations and off field incidents happened to any other NFL superstar athlete in a different uni I wonder how many on here would defend every move the guy has made.

    I understand the impact Ben has to our win loss column but I don't understand how or why anyone could vouch for the guy off the field right now...

    I'm not saying Ben did it... but I wouldn't proclaim he was totally innocent and this is one big media lynching because the media hates Ben or the Steelers. A Sgt. lost his job and another off duty cop or 2 will be scrutinized over this. It's not a conspiracy... and I love conspiracies. LOL!!!

    Look at R. Kelly... he had a sex tape with a minor and he repeatedly re-focused the camera to get it all on film. The family actually defended R.Kelly in the trial and he walked because money talks. I'm not comparing Ben to R. Kelly... just pointing out how the "total innocence talk" is a stretch in the eyes of the public.
    Dude, you ARE comparing Ben to R. Kelly, why do you say you're not? Are you buffing your resume for a career in sports journalism?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #37
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=sd steel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":2enonk6t
    i'm still kind of amazed that this drunk girl and her friends just kept wandering into the same bars where ben happened to be even though it states his party left without telling them where they were going.

    just dumb bad word luck i guess.

    DTF
    Yeah sucks getting raped. Ask Stlrzd, its obvious that it's probably happened to him a couple times, only he wishes Ben did it. [/quote:2enonk6t]

    No. I'm more of a Trai Essex kind of guy. Just ask SN1.

    Jackass.

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,129

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    If these allegations and off field incidents happened to any other NFL superstar athlete in a different uni I wonder how many on here would defend every move the guy has made.

    I understand the impact Ben has to our win loss column but I don't understand how or why anyone could vouch for the guy off the field right now...

    I'm not saying Ben did it... but I wouldn't proclaim he was totally innocent and this is one big media lynching because the media hates Ben or the Steelers. A Sgt. lost his job and another off duty cop or 2 will be scrutinized over this. It's not a conspiracy... and I love conspiracies. LOL!!!

    Look at R. Kelly... he had a sex tape with a minor and he repeatedly re-focused the camera to get it all on film. The family actually defended R.Kelly in the trial and he walked because money talks. I'm not comparing Ben to R. Kelly... just pointing out how the "total innocence talk" is a stretch in the eyes of the public.
    Dude, you ARE comparing Ben to R. Kelly, why do you say you're not? Are you buffing your resume for a career in sports journalism?
    Maybe... LOL.

    My intention was to point out how evidence or lack of evidence doesn't mean a guy is viewed as completely innocent. There is no video, Ben doesn't sing, Chappelle didn't imitate Ben, yet...

    I'm not linking the 2 together... I think it's crazy to think not being charged means Ben is Mr Clean. Dude is still viewed as a dirty mudderfugher by some.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •