Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Please stop making sense man.

    Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.
    But it is a well known fact that sorority girls never lie, even when they are drunk, even when they are under age and still downing shots... oh wait a minute.
    Sugar, why are there plans to discipline Ben? Did he do anything wrong or is he a victim? Do you condone him being disciplined?

  2. #22

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Please stop making sense man.

    Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.
    But it is a well known fact that sorority girls never lie, even when they are drunk, even when they are under age and still downing shots... oh wait a minute.
    But why, if you are an underage sorority girl who isn't supposed to be drinking, would you go find the first cop that you saw and bring attention to your illegal drunkeness if you didn't get violated in some way?

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Please stop making sense man.

    Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.
    But it is a well known fact that sorority girls never lie, even when they are drunk, even when they are under age and still downing shots... oh wait a minute.
    Sugar, why are there plans to discipline Ben? Did he do anything wrong or is he a victim? Do you condone him being disciplined?
    I do not condone him being disciplined in any way. I don't know if he did anything wrong. He hasn't admitted to anything. There is no video. There is no eyewitness testimony. There is no physical evidence.

  4. #24

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    i never thought the nation had so many people who rode really tall horses.

  5. #25

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    i never thought the nation had so many people who rode really tall horses.
    I never thought the Nation would have so many people so dead set on winning that they would continue to back a guy who more than likely raped a drunk 20 year old.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=sd steel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1p3p9jj5
    Please stop making sense man.

    Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.
    But it is a well known fact that sorority girls never lie, even when they are drunk, even when they are under age and still downing shots... oh wait a minute.
    But why, if you are an underage sorority girl who isn't supposed to be drinking, would you go find the first cop that you saw and bring attention to your illegal drunkeness if you didn't get violated in some way?[/quote:1p3p9jj5]

    Because all you have to do is claim sexual assault or rape and all else is forgotten.

    Have you yet seen a report that she was cited for underage drinking? She had a fake ID confiscated at the same club a few weeks earlier. She hasn't been cited for underage drinking despite that fact and despite the fact that she had a .2 bac.

    I wonder why............

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=sd steel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":3mtk412i
    i never thought the nation had so many people who rode really tall horses.
    I never thought the Nation would have so many people so dead set on winning that they would continue to back a guy who more than likely raped a drunk 20 year old.[/quote:3mtk412i]

    It's got nothing to do with winning you stupid mother ****er...it's got to do with not automatically assuming guilt based on the accounts of intoxicated, unreliable witnesses.

    Jackass.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

    He held a press conference looking like a greasy perv and says he won't answer any question or talk about it in the future.
    there was a report he was at the steeler facility (i think even working out). there was no plan to make a statment that day . and had to make the staement on the go with what was on him.

    why they wouldn't wait for a chance for better clothes etc ...i dont know... you might want to ask the steeler brass on that one

    but, you being influenced by a hair style and a nike shirt and slacks really doesn't suprise me

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=stlrz d][quote="sd steel":11316r44]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":11316r44
    i never thought the nation had so many people who rode really tall horses.
    I never thought the Nation would have so many people so dead set on winning that they would continue to back a guy who more than likely raped a drunk 20 year old.[/quote:11316r44]

    It's got nothing to do with winning you stupid mother bad word...it's got to do with not automatically assuming guilt based on the accounts of intoxicated, unreliable witnesses.

    Jackass.[/quote:11316r44]

    This is still America, right? Perhaps we should just make Ben a contestant on the Running Man!

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    [quote=sd steel][quote="stlrz d":37agiilb]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":37agiilb
    It's not in the tabloid, its in the police report. Now could it be possible that all 5 or 6 of the sorority chicks came forth with the exact same story the next day to collaborate the drunken night before, yes it's feasible, and is McNulty a nut job, yeah, but I would also have to guess that Bens people are also trying to put as much dirty laundry out against her to make her look as nutty as possible. The guy has unlimited funds. That is a major reason why I also think Ben is guilty, because people with that much money don't normally ever even have stuff become public. Obviously I am not going to change many guys minds as far as whether he is guilty or not, but I think it shows that people will back a guy who can win championships even if there might be a chance that he is a rapist. So I will quit arguing and you can continue to defend him.
    Of course it's in the police report- they are reporting the accusation.



    This doesn't make any sense. Tiger Woods and Mike Tyson had more money and celebrity than Ben and they were all over the headlines. You can think Ben is guilty if you want, it's a free country. But let's not throw "reason" into that mix. We really don't have information enough to reason it.
    Please stop making sense man.

    Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.[/quote:37agiilb]
    I don't get you, have I criticized the way Ben plays sometimes? Yes, but I love watching him and I love the success he has brought to the Steelers. I went as far as to get his autograph for my son. Do I feel he needs to be a superstar person for me to root for him? Not at all. I still prop Jack Lambert and Ernie Holmes when showing my kid my heroes and they were not saints outside of football, or even on the field. and if these accusations ever prove to be completely false and a money grab I will be the first one back on the board to state that I was mistaken about Ben, but until then I will see it for what I have learned from the police reports the witness statements, .[/quote:37agiilb]


    dont want to get in the middle of this arguement

    but, why wouldn't you just wait. i dont believe we've heard the end of all sides to the story.
    once more of the story comes out, it might be easier to figure out what happened instead of assuming the accusers statements are true and having to backtrack later if you're wrong

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •