Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

Legend

Re: Topic: The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

[quote=sd steel][quote="stlrz d":yq83mjud]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":yq83mjud
    I think it is amazing how having a teams star player basically caught redhanded on a second offense for rape have such an outpouring from fans on this board saying he was framed and setup. It truly scares me. And let it be known, those who are supporting Ben might as well be Ravens or Bengals fans. The boy has issues.
    No chief, you're the one with issues.[/quote:yq83mjud]

No, you are letting the Super Bowls that #7 brought us blind you. You know Ben about as well as I know him, (I have met him once in passing at a late night at a bar in Pittsburgh). Basically I don't know him at all. Again, if this was Matt Spaeth we were talking about would you be so fast to proclaim him innocent after a second and maybe third allegation? Obviously you would root for Jeff Dahmer if he was our QB and winning Super Bowls, but I guess being that I played ball before Super Bowls aren't that important to me as opposed to teaching my kid right from wrong.[/quote:yq83mjud]

I'm not letting anything blind me. I'm also not stupid enough to read all the tabloid journalism and take it as 100% truth...and post things as moronic as, "a witness said he had his penis out. you don't just make stuff like that up. there's no doubt he raped her". That's where you have issues. Sport.

[quote=stlrz d][quote="sd steel":kzvbxo8n][quote="stlrz d":kzvbxo8n]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":kzvbxo8n
    I think it is amazing how having a teams star player basically caught redhanded on a second offense for rape have such an outpouring from fans on this board saying he was framed and setup. It truly scares me. And let it be known, those who are supporting Ben might as well be Ravens or Bengals fans. The boy has issues.
    No chief, you're the one with issues.[/quote:kzvbxo8n]

No, you are letting the Super Bowls that #7 brought us blind you. You know Ben about as well as I know him, (I have met him once in passing at a late night at a bar in Pittsburgh). Basically I don't know him at all. Again, if this was Matt Spaeth we were talking about would you be so fast to proclaim him innocent after a second and maybe third allegation? Obviously you would root for Jeff Dahmer if he was our QB and winning Super Bowls, but I guess being that I played ball before Super Bowls aren't that important to me as opposed to teaching my kid right from wrong.[/quote:kzvbxo8n]

I'm not letting anything blind me. I'm also not stupid enough to read all the tabloid journalism and take it as 100% truth...and post things as moronic as, "a witness said he had his penis out. you don't just make stuff like that up. there's no doubt he raped her". That's where you have issues. Sport.[/quote:kzvbxo8n]
    It's not in the tabloid, its in the police report. Now could it be possible that all 5 or 6 of the sorority chicks came forth with the exact same story the next day to collaborate the drunken night before, yes it's feasible, and is McNulty a nut job, yeah, but I would also have to guess that Bens people are also trying to put as much dirty laundry out against her to make her look as nutty as possible. The guy has unlimited funds. That is a major reason why I also think Ben is guilty, because people with that much money don't normally ever even have stuff become public. Obviously I am not going to change many guys minds as far as whether he is guilty or not, but I think it shows that people will back a guy who can win championships even if there might be a chance that he is a rapist. So I will quit arguing and you can continue to defend him.

charge the man or shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    It's not in the tabloid, its in the police report. Now could it be possible that all 5 or 6 of the sorority chicks came forth with the exact same story the next day to collaborate the drunken night before, yes it's feasible, and is McNulty a nut job, yeah, but I would also have to guess that Bens people are also trying to put as much dirty laundry out against her to make her look as nutty as possible. The guy has unlimited funds. That is a major reason why I also think Ben is guilty, because people with that much money don't normally ever even have stuff become public. Obviously I am not going to change many guys minds as far as whether he is guilty or not, but I think it shows that people will back a guy who can win championships even if there might be a chance that he is a rapist. So I will quit arguing and you can continue to defend him.
    Of course it's in the police report- they are reporting the accusation.

This doesn't make any sense. Tiger Woods and Mike Tyson had more money and celebrity than Ben and they were all over the headlines. You can think Ben is guilty if you want, it's a free country. But let's not throw "reason" into that mix. We really don't have information enough to reason it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

This doesn't make any sense. Tiger Woods and Mike Tyson had more money and celebrity than Ben and they were all over the headlines. You can think Ben is guilty if you want, it's a free country. But let's not throw "reason" into that mix. We really don't have information enough to reason it.
    Tiger didn't commit a crime and Tyson is a crazy maniacal idiot who bites peoples ears off and wants to eat people children. Nice comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    charge the man or shut the hell up.
    I have. Guilty, best case pure stupidity twice, worst case 2 or 3 rapes.

Legend

Please stop making sense man.

Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":2w2l7hlg

Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.[/quote:2w2l7hlg]
    I don't get you, have I criticized the way Ben plays sometimes? Yes, but I love watching him and I love the success he has brought to the Steelers. I went as far as to get his autograph for my son. Do I feel he needs to be a superstar person for me to root for him? Not at all. I still prop Jack Lambert and Ernie Holmes when showing my kid my heroes and they were not saints outside of football, or even on the field. and if these accusations ever prove to be completely false and a money grab I will be the first one back on the board to state that I was mistaken about Ben, but until then I will see it for what I have learned from the police reports the witness statements, the fact that the cop quit, and the fact that Ben didn't defend himself by saying what really happened. Until then he is guilty in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.
    But it is a well known fact that sorority girls never lie, even when they are drunk, even when they are under age and still downing shots... oh wait a minute.

Legend

[quote=sd steel][quote="stlrz d":wj0x32ue]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":wj0x32ue

Someone here who doesn't like Ben's style of play wants to believe he raped someone because the accuser and her sorority sisters say so...with conflicting accounts I might add.[/quote:wj0x32ue]
    I don't get you, have I criticized the way Ben plays sometimes? Yes, but I love watching him and I love the success he has brought to the Steelers. I went as far as to get his autograph for my son. Do I feel he needs to be a superstar person for me to root for him? Not at all. I still prop Jack Lambert and Ernie Holmes when showing my kid my heroes and they were not saints outside of football, or even on the field. and if these accusations ever prove to be completely false and a money grab I will be the first one back on the board to state that I was mistaken about Ben, but until then I will see it for what I have learned from the police reports the witness statements, the fact that the cop quit, and the fact that Ben didn't defend himself by saying what really happened. Until then he is guilty in my mind.[/quote:wj0x32ue]

Thank you for proving exactly how simple minded you are.