Thread: Eating crow time?

Pro Bowler

Eating crow time?

OK, so when is the media eating crow?
    Seems to me a botched operation entirely.
    The janitor cleaned the bathroom that night.
    That borders on the hilariously stupid. Like from an episode on Reno 911. Police buddying around with Ben. DA throwing out random uncorroborated statements from sorority bitches. And trust me, sohos would lie if they felt one of theirs got disrespected. I think Ben tried to fool around with her and she feigned interest then played teasing games. She probably was scared and panicked, then Ben called her names and upset her.
    This girl was drunk, probably alot since she had a fake ID. She could have already been with someone else that night quite frankly. Let's not pretend she was a virgin.

Eating crow? How so. The DA did nothing to prove he wasn't a joke. He got no conviction and threw uncorroborated statements onto the internet. He's a fraud.
    Ben maybe a sleezy dirtbag to a degree, but this guy is supposed to uphold justice, but instead slanted it towards his constituent to save face with the locals.

Re: Eating crow time?

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    That borders on the hilariously stupid. Like from an episode on Reno 911. Police buddying around with Ben. DA throwing out random uncorroborated statements from sorority bitches. And trust me, sohos would lie if they felt one of theirs got disrespected. I think Ben tried to fool around with her and she feigned interest then played teasing games. She probably was scared and panicked, then Ben called her names and upset her.
    This girl was drunk, probably alot since she had a fake ID. She could have already been with someone else that night quite frankly. Let's not pretend she was a virgin.

Eating crow? How so. The DA did nothing to prove he wasn't a joke. He got no conviction and threw uncorroborated statements onto the internet. He's a fraud.
    Ben maybe a sleezy dirtbag to a degree, but this guy is supposed to uphold justice, but instead slanted it towards his constituent to save face with the locals.
    Your statement is at least as plausible as what most people seem to be believing right now. I'm still so puzzled that Steeler fans, let alone NFL fans, are acting like there's any real merit to this case from a criminal standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

Your statement is at least as plausible as what most people seem to be believing right now. I'm still so puzzled that Steeler fans, let alone NFL fans, are acting like there's any real merit to this case from a criminal standpoint.
    I haven't read that anyone believes this case has any legal merit on this board. There are, however, many folks on this board who believe that Ben behaved churlishly and embarrassed the Steelers, the fans, the city of Pittsburgh and his family with his behavior.

There are also those that believe he did no wrong and that the girl, was a whore, a gold-digger and a tease.

Something happened that night that isn't complimentary of Ben. He is lacking class, manners and appears to have very little respect for women. The DA gave him some sage advice, "Grow up", he should heed this advice.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

I haven't read that anyone believes this case has any legal merit on this board. There are, however, many folks on this board who believe that Ben behaved churlishly and embarrassed the Steelers, the fans, the city of Pittsburgh and his family with his behavior.

There are also those that believe he did no wrong and that the girl, was a whore, a gold-digger and a tease.

Something happened that night that isn't complimentary of Ben. He is lacking class, manners and appears to have very little respect for women. The DA gave him some sage advice, "Grow up", he should heed this advice.

Pappy
    OK, if there is no legal merit to it and Ben merely acted "churlishly" then why the hoopla? Is the news of the day really that slow?

BTW- the DA can say what he wants but what does he mean by it? That Ben shouldn't be bar hopping? That he shouldn't be hooking up w/ tricks in a bar? That he shouldn't go out at all? Do any of us have any idea what the morality of this man is that he should advise another man to "grow up?"

If the story was about Mike Vick, or Tom Brady or any other non Steeler or even Matt Spaeth, after already being accused of rape, would you be so fast to judge him innocent?

Pappy
    OK, if there is no legal merit to it and Ben merely acted "churlishly" then why the hoopla? Is the news of the day really that slow?

BTW- the DA can say what he wants but what does he mean by it? That Ben shouldn't be bar hopping? That he shouldn't be hooking up w/ tricks in a bar? That he shouldn't go out at all? Do any of us have any idea what the morality of this man is that he should advise another man to "grow up?"
    The hoopla sugar is about Ben's behavior, regardless of legal merit. He is out acting like a jack@$$ and embarrassing the team and family that just signed him to a 100 million dollar contract. If you believe that no responsibility goes along with that contract then there's nothing that I can tell you or even discuss with you to change your mind. personally, I believe that his responsibility to the Steelers goes far beyond the criminal justice system and winning football games.

Yea, by "grow up" the DA means don't go bar hopping. C'mon, really, this isn't even about morality, it's about being an adult and acting accordingly and being respectful to your employer.

Is it really too much to ask to stay of the police blotter? Are the Gen-Xers so dysfunctional that they believe this is appropriate behavior? The girl is just as bad as Ben for putting herself in this position. She's embarrassed her sorority, her friends and her family out acting like a whore (maybe she is, maybe she isn't) and she should be told to "grow up" as well.

You believe this is a witch hunt by a renegade DA in a small hick town in Georgia. The DA in question has jurisdiction over Atlanta, he is not some rube with overalls and gavel. He's been around the block and was the DA for the Ray Lewis fiasco. Even if it were a witch hunt, Ben brought it on himself with his actions.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pappy

The hoopla sugar is about Ben's behavior, regardless of legal merit. He is out acting like a jack@$$ and embarrassing the team and family that just signed him to a 100 million dollar contract. If you believe that no responsibility goes along with that contract then there's nothing that I can tell you or even discuss with you to change your mind. personally, I believe that his responsibility to the Steelers goes far beyond the criminal justice system and winning football games.

Yea, by "grow up" the DA means don't go bar hopping. C'mon, really, this isn't even about morality, it's about being an adult and acting accordingly and being respectful to your employer.

Is it really too much to ask to stay of the police blotter? Are the Gen-Xers so dysfunctional that they believe this is appropriate behavior? The girl is just as bad as Ben for putting herself in this position. She's embarrassed her sorority, her friends and her family out acting like a whore (maybe she is, maybe she isn't) and she should be told to "grow up" as well.

You believe this is a witch hunt by a renegade DA in a small hick town in Georgia. The DA in question has jurisdiction over Atlanta, he is not some rube with overalls and gavel. He's been around the block and was the DA for the Ray Lewis fiasco. Even if it were a witch hunt, Ben brought it on himself with his actions.

Pappy
    First off, Ben isn't on the Police blotter and hasn't been. This isn't like he was charged and acquitted or something. They couldn't even get enough to make a charge at all. I never said that this was a witch hunt by the DA. I don't believe that to be a fact, but I do believe that his commentary is merely editorial and should have no bearing on anything.

Why do you think that Ben was acting like a Jack@$$?? Where you there? Was there a video? How about physical evidence of some kind? Anything? Maybe eyewitness testimony of some kind? Maybe there was a tape recording. Nada.

Ben's responsibility to the Steelers is to prepare and play to the best of his ability and to try to be a good ambassador for the team and the league. In trying to live in that spirit, when going out for his birthday he went with a large group and included not one, but two bodyguards and a team mate. These bodyguards weren't merely frat buddies from Miami, but off-duty cops. What he can't help is if someone is going to make a baseless charge against him.

If it wasn't baseless, they would have charged him.