Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers face likely 6-figure fine

Re: Steelers face likely 6-figure fine

Though I'm no fan of Goodell, I think this policy is a good one. Holding the franchise accountable will help fortify the type of behavior you'd like to see out of the players. Let's face it, its not like professional athletes are being groomed from choir boys. And if fining the players then subsequently fining the organization will help towards keeping the antics down to a dull roar, then why not? 200,000 K is pennies in comparison to what dollars are generated by an organization in a single season. When the Patriots were caught cheating, a lot of individuals felt the fine wasn't hefty enough. We can't have it both ways. This kind of backlash was what I was afraid of when all this started going down. The embarrassment isn't bad enough, let's throw some salt on the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    If so, it's just another feather in the "Jackarse" hat of Goodell.

He flat out sucks.
    I don't like Goodell and I believe he has a bad plan for the NFL, but how is this his fault? Should the NFL and the Steelers allow this incident to pass without any consequences?

Pappy

IF Bad-ell gives a fine to the Steelers organization, it needs to be NOWHERE NEAR what the cheaters paid. It's nothing close to the insanely outlandish activity that the LEADERSHIP of the cheaters did.

If Dumb-ell wants to make a statement, fine Ben.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    If so, it's just another feather in the "Jackarse" hat of Goodell.

He flat out sucks.
    I don't like Goodell and I believe he has a bad plan for the NFL, but how is this his fault? Should the NFL and the Steelers allow this incident to pass without any consequences?

Pappy

IF Bad-ell gives a fine to the Steelers organization, it needs to be NOWHERE NEAR what the cheaters paid. It's nothing close to the insanely outlandish activity that the LEADERSHIP of the cheaters did.

If Dumb-ell wants to make a statement, fine Ben.
    The Steelers will pass it along to Ben as Chadman stated earlier in the thread, at least, they should pass it along to Ben with a little extra from the Steelers as well.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll