Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Unbalanced Media

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    The Media Lynching of Ben Roethlisberger

    http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics- ... erger.html

  2. #12
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    This is a witch hunt. Buried in all of this is the statement that Ben's friend made that Ben was angry and shocked at the allegation, the night of the situation. Said he was in the back "messing around" with her. She fell, he helped her up and suggested they be 'done'. If that is the story, wouldn't she be pissed that he put her aside? Funny, no DNA was found during a routine rape assault kit was employed at the hospital.

    Also, a guy that was not convicted of a crime, not a charge brought against him, should have some grounds for suggesting character defamation. The GA DA, the media, perhaps the NFL (if suspensions follow) could all be accused of defamation of Ben's name due to all the junk that was said in public, or discipline based on hearsay. That DA was completely unprofessional in his statements. When did it become commonplace to use somebody's name and suggest he did unsavory things, when there was no court ruling to present facts?

    Ben is not totally innocent in all this. But, hel1, Tiger Woods looks like a choir boy in comparison (according to media coverage/opinions).

  3. #13
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,304

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    This is a witch hunt. Buried in all of this is the statement that Ben's friend made that Ben was angry and shocked at the allegation, the night of the situation. Said he was in the back "messing around" with her. She fell, he helped her up and suggested they be 'done'. If that is the story, wouldn't she be pissed that he put her aside? Funny, no DNA was found during a routine rape assault kit was employed at the hospital.

    Also, a guy that was not convicted of a crime, not a charge brought against him, should have some grounds for suggesting character defamation. The GA DA, the media, perhaps the NFL (if suspensions follow) could all be accused of defamation of Ben's name due to all the junk that was said in public, or discipline based on hearsay. That DA was completely unprofessional in his statements. When did it become commonplace to use somebody's name and suggest he did unsavory things, when there was no court ruling to present facts?

    Ben is not totally innocent in all this. But, hel1, Tiger Woods looks like a choir boy in comparison (according to media coverage/opinions).
    Not one of Tiger's 15 or 16 mistresses filed a rape or sexual assault lawsuit against Tiger that's why Ben is being hammered in the media.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Interesting that on ESPN's "First Take" they broached the subject of Ben being treated unfairly in the media with Eric Casilias (sp?) vigorously defending Ben...wow, are we seeing the tide turning? They then tried address issues of race factoring into Ben's punishment by comparing Santonio's suspension Casilias again argued that it's apples & oranges, Dana Jacobsen show she's a twit by saying that some think that if Ben was black he would've been suspended by now...this is what passes for sports journalism.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  5. #15
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-en
    This is a witch hunt. Buried in all of this is the statement that Ben's friend made that Ben was angry and shocked at the allegation, the night of the situation. Said he was in the back "messing around" with her. She fell, he helped her up and suggested they be 'done'. If that is the story, wouldn't she be pissed that he put her aside? Funny, no DNA was found during a routine rape assault kit was employed at the hospital.

    Also, a guy that was not convicted of a crime, not a charge brought against him, should have some grounds for suggesting character defamation. The GA DA, the media, perhaps the NFL (if suspensions follow) could all be accused of defamation of Ben's name due to all the junk that was said in public, or discipline based on hearsay. That DA was completely unprofessional in his statements. When did it become commonplace to use somebody's name and suggest he did unsavory things, when there was no court ruling to present facts?

    Ben is not totally innocent in all this. But, hel1, Tiger Woods looks like a choir boy in comparison (according to media coverage/opinions).
    Not one of Tiger's 15 or 16 mistresses filed a rape or sexual assault lawsuit against Tiger that's why Ben is being hammered in the media.

    Pappy

    Fair enough. But, is a 20 year old sorority sister, wearing a D.T.F. label, intoxicated beyond being able to write a statement the night of the allegation, a credible source of an accusation? Also, there haven't been any rape or sexual assault lawsuits brought against Ben, either. That's the problem, everybody has already established that Ben is guilty. When, in reality, there have been accusations made against a $100 million QB in the NFL, for inappropriate behavior, but none have actually proven anything. When I have women hanging all over me, wanting to spend 15 minutes of time with me, so they can tell their friends they slept with a celebrity, I may be able to explain the psyche of Ben Roethlisberger. I'm just trying not to judge him without knowing 80% of the story.

    In contrast, it burns my as$ that the Steeler's name is being dragged through the mud. I have a major conundrum going on inside my head about this.

  6. #16
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Interesting that on ESPN's "First Take" they broached the subject of Ben being treated unfairly in the media with Eric Casilias (sp?) vigorously defending Ben...wow, are we seeing the tide turning? They then tried address issues of race factoring into Ben's punishment by comparing Santonio's suspension Casilias again argued that it's apples & oranges, Dana Jacobsen show she's a twit by saying that some think that if Ben was black he would've been suspended by now...this is what passes for sports journalism.
    Erik Kuselias was a practicing lawyer before coming to ESPN, so he knows more about such things than most of their talking heads.

    He also has been on the other side of the sexual harassment issue himself. Apparently, while drunk at an ESPN party, the married Kuselius blurted out to a female ESPN employee that "I would like to @#$% you" which she reported to Human Resources, and ESPN suspended him, because he had supposedly been warned before about such things.

    His wife apparently suspected infidelity, and hired a private investigator who told her that he was having an affair with ESPN fantasy injury guru Stephania Bell.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,026

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Interesting that on ESPN's "First Take" they broached the subject of Ben being treated unfairly in the media with Eric Casilias (sp?) vigorously defending Ben...wow, are we seeing the tide turning? They then tried address issues of race factoring into Ben's punishment by comparing Santonio's suspension Casilias again argued that it's apples & oranges, Dana Jacobsen show she's a twit by saying that some think that if Ben was black he would've been suspended by now...this is what passes for sports journalism.
    Erik Kuselias was a practicing lawyer before coming to ESPN, so he knows more about such things than most of their talking heads.

    He also has been on the other side of the sexual harassment issue himself. Apparently, while drunk at an ESPN party, the married Kuselius blurted out to a female ESPN employee that "I would like to @#$% you" which she reported to Human Resources, and ESPN suspended him, because he had supposedly been warned before about such things.

    His wife apparently suspected infidelity, and hired a private investigator who told her that he was having an affair with ESPN fantasy injury guru Stephania Bell.
    So Ben is vigorously defending by a misogynist who cheated on his wife? Awesome.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Interesting that on ESPN's "First Take" they broached the subject of Ben being treated unfairly in the media with Eric Casilias (sp?) vigorously defending Ben...wow, are we seeing the tide turning? They then tried address issues of race factoring into Ben's punishment by comparing Santonio's suspension Casilias again argued that it's apples & oranges, Dana Jacobsen show she's a twit by saying that some think that if Ben was black he would've been suspended by now...this is what passes for sports journalism.
    Erik Kuselias was a practicing lawyer before coming to ESPN, so he knows more about such things than most of their talking heads.

    He also has been on the other side of the sexual harassment issue himself. Apparently, while drunk at an ESPN party, the married Kuselius blurted out to a female ESPN employee that "I would like to @#$% you" which she reported to Human Resources, and ESPN suspended him, because he had supposedly been warned before about such things.

    His wife apparently suspected infidelity, and hired a private investigator who told her that he was having an affair with ESPN fantasy injury guru Stephania Bell.
    So Ben is vigorously defending by a misogynist who cheated on his wife? Awesome.
    First..At least someone is defending him & hopefully got it started.

    2nd...a misogynist is someone with a hatred, dislike or mistrust of women. Doesn't seem as though had any of those issues.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  9. #19

    Re: Unbalanced Media

    Adan Schein on Sirius NFL all day today was refering to her as the "victim" and that the "fact" that she said it was't ok and he kept going is cause for him to be released.

    Now of course the problem with that is that he is reporting everything he read that she sais as fact and not giving any other possibility.Nobody knows if that actually happEned but the media never let's facts get in the way of a good story.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •