Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Leon Washington

Backup

User Info Menu

Question about Leon Washington

Ok now that the JETS signed his tender it has me thinking draft day trade. I dont know much about this stuff but ever since that rumor of Leon being involved in the HOLMES trade has me really wanting him.

We have a HUGE need at the RB position and this guy can really help our team in the passing game, return game, and as a back up.

I know he didnt appear to be happy with the JETS and this just seems like something that had to be done in order to trade him correct????

If he is traded on draft day what do you guys think it would take??? The same 5th rd they gave us for HOLMES?????

Am I reading to much into this or is there a chance in us getting him???? I can't see us being happy drafting a ROOKIE to back up and MOORE is good but he's better as a 3rd down back.

Appreciate any feedback and I'm shocked no one is talking about this even if he wasnt rumored to be involved in the trade. We should be going after this guy even if he wasnt part of the WINK WINK deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Question about Leon Washington

Leon had a compound fracture last season. He may not be fully effective this season.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

I understand that but the tender was 2 million dollars....Hard to imagine a team spending that much money on someone who isnt effective. If we dont get a proven vet at the RB position we are TOAST!!!!!!!!

Look at the year we had STALEY, BETTIS and PARKER............All 3 of those guys were starters for at least 1 game that year. This year we have Mendenhall and Moore??? I mean lets get real here............We need a VETERAN RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    I understand that but the tender was 2 million dollars....Hard to imagine a team spending that much money on someone who isnt effective. If we dont get a proven vet at the RB position we are TOAST!!!!!!!!

Look at the year we had STALEY, BETTIS and PARKER............All 3 of those guys were starters for at least 1 game that year. This year we have Mendenhall and Moore??? I mean lets get real here............We need a VETERAN RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doogie--you get it. While everyone is wringing their hands about getting DBs (who won't play in Year 1 in LeBeau's defense), the one position that will derail this season faster than anything is RB. Mendy is it. We have nothing behind him. Moore is not a viable #1 runner no matter what he did two years ago. Losing Mendy will scuttle this season in a heartbeat. All these mocks that have us getting RBs in rounds 4, 5, and 6 are just going to set us up to fail.

I'd give up a Round 4 pick for Washington in a heartbeat.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Doogie--you get it. While everyone is wringing their hands about getting DBs (who won't play in Year 1 in LeBeau's defense), the one position that will derail this season faster than anything is RB. Mendy is it. We have nothing behind him. Moore is not a viable #1 runner no matter what he did two years ago. Losing Mendy will scuttle this season in a heartbeat. All these mocks that have us getting RBs in rounds 4, 5, and 6 are just going to set us up to fail.

Add me to your RB party. I've always liked Washington. You'd have to really examine him to make sure he didn't lose any speed, but he makes sense. And he was a primary kick returner...could save a roster spot.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Honestly, I am not all that concerned about getting DBs. I am curious as to how our 2nd year guys will develop personally. I hope we grab one in the first two rounds but I don't think it's a dire need.

As for running back. I agree and disagree. We do need a solid #2. Where we disagree is which round we need to obtain one. LeGarrette can probably be had in round 5 and there is no doubt in my mind he can start in the NFL and be highly successful. The guy is a beast. But, with Holmes and Ben troubles I'm not sure we would take a chance on him. I have warmed up to the Spiller idea. If he dropped to 18 he would likely be the best player available. I would take him over Pouncey or Iupati. But, if I'm looking at Thomas, Haden, and Spiller. It would be Thomas.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The DBs will be fine if they can get pressure on the QB this year. Like others have said, all they have is Mendy and need to address RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Honestly, I am not all that concerned about getting DBs. I am curious as to how our 2nd year guys will develop personally. I hope we grab one in the first two rounds but I don't think it's a dire need.

As for running back. I agree and disagree. We do need a solid #2. Where we disagree is which round we need to obtain one. LeGarrette can probably be had in round 5 and there is no doubt in my mind he can start in the NFL and be highly successful. The guy is a beast. But, with Holmes and Ben troubles I'm not sure we would take a chance on him. I have warmed up to the Spiller idea. If he dropped to 18 he would likely be the best player available. I would take him over Pouncey or Iupati. But, if I'm looking at Thomas, Haden, and Spiller. It would be Thomas.
    I agree. IMO with what the Rooney's are going through publicity wise because of Ben there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that we draft Blount or any other player who has a character blemish or even a suggestion of a blemish.

If Spiller were available I'd still take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I think he will be gone top 10-12.

I think our shocker Round 1 pick, especially if we can trade down, could be Ryan Matthews. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jahvid Best or Ben Tate in Round 2. But I think we need to get a RB in Rounds 1-3.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Matthews...that could be interesting. I'm not big on Tate in the second. When he was being spoken of as a 5th I love him. In the second? Eh not so much. I would rather have Gerhart personally. And I agree about Blount...but I can't change my mock. I really like the guy.
    Trolls are people too.