Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That District Attorney is leading the witch hunt

Backup

That District Attorney is leading the witch hunt

I thought I posted this once but now I can't find it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the police reports came out the day after Ben met with the Commissioner. It was timed just right to add fuel to the fire.

That DA felt there wasn't enough evidence to indict or convict Ben so he's making sure Ben is smeared, hated, and humuliated, and it has worked. Instead of just saying no evidence or no charges, he gave out way too many details that he didn't have to. First he has to have a press conference just to say no charges, but he really had a lot of negative things to say about Ben. The "poor daughter" and family wanted their privacy and he said he didn't seem to be a gold digger. There are a lot of discrepancies in the witness statements, as we all know, but most of the emphasis is pro-accuser. Now that cop in GA was forced to quit.

We'll never know what happened, but Ben was supposedly shocked that this girl went to the police. I think it was consensual and then she changed her mind. So Ben stopped. It was her friends that wanted her to go to the police. She at first said she wasn't raped.

Well, the DA's plan has certainly worked. Ben is being burned at the stake everywhere. He couldn't get him one way, so he's gotten him another.

If I were Ben and heard I was no longer wanted by many of the fans, even hated, I think I'd want out, but I'm not him and don't know how he feels.

Anyway, I may be off base here, but it's a thought.

(I do think he should get a girlfriend and am not condoning his 1-night stands with strangers.)

Pro Bowler

Re: That District Attorney is leading the witch hunt

We need to hear Ben's side of the story. We heard from one of the bodyguard's lawyers.

Michael Santicola, the lawyer for Coraopolis Police Officer Anthony Barravecchio says:

"The statements made by the women were made by people who were inebriated and underage. The truth is my client did absolutely nothing that is remotely similar to what was described."

Pro Bowler

and one of the cops quit according to TMZ.

The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but **Z has learned the cop didn't really have a choice. The Cop in Roethlisberger Case turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years. In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her." Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time." Law enforcement sources tell **Z Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired. FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

Lt. Myra A. Taylor, a spokeswoman for Pennsylvania State Police, said Thursday night the agency is getting a copy of the investigative report from Georgia authorities. ''We will thoroughly review the report and determine if there is a violation of Department regulations on the part of Trooper Edward Joyner,'' she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04 ... ted=1&_r=1

Oh, I doubt that the GA cop will be the last to have to resign....

Everyone really needs to take a long look at this report as it comes out, because there is a whole lot of lying going on and it ain't the preacher's daughter.

Ben gives a different story about what happened to everyone he talked to.

Told Willy 'Nothing happened. It's all BS"

Told his friend they were back there "messing around"

Told the cops there was "contact that wasn't consummated"

The off duty cops say they never met the victim, but several witnesses put them together.

This storm is just getting up to speed.......

Quote Originally Posted by spyboots
    I don't think it's a coincidence that the police reports came out the day after Ben met with the Commissioner. It was timed just right to add fuel to the fire.
    The DA had to turn over the investigative file in accordance with open records laws. He said at the press conference Monday that he would release it as soon as he could. This isn't a conspiracy against Ben or anything else -- he just had to release the file.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold
    Lt. Myra A. Taylor, a spokeswoman for Pennsylvania State Police, said Thursday night the agency is getting a copy of the investigative report from Georgia authorities. ''We will thoroughly review the report and determine if there is a violation of Department regulations on the part of Trooper Edward Joyner,'' she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04 ... ted=1&_r=1

Oh, I doubt that the GA cop will be the last to have to resign....

Everyone really needs to take a long look at this report as it comes out, because there is a whole lot of lying going on and it ain't the preacher's daughter.

Ben gives a different story about what happened to everyone he talked to.

Told Willy 'Nothing happened. It's all BS"

Told his friend they were back there "messing around"

Told the cops there was "contact that wasn't consummated"

The off duty cops say they never met the victim, but several witnesses put them together.

This storm is just getting up to speed.......
    Sadly, you may be correct. This story is not a "he-said/she-said" story, it's a "he lied/she lied" story and determining what is truth and what is fiction will be near impossible. In the mean time, Ben is going to take a major a$$ whopping in the press.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Backup

Thanks, everyone, for the above info.

Hall of Famer

It is a conspiracy! Robert Kraft and Mike Holmgren hatched this plan at a Waffle House in Vermont. This is the only way they can keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

Neither the girl nor Ben has much credibility.
    So its a dead issue, where Ben loses lots of money.
    None of these others leaks or 'new' information are that. Its all the same random info of no value.

I could see the DA getting this set up for a civil court case where he makes a cut from the family for getting this out in the world before the civil case. Thus Ben is screwed before he is sued.

The DA's conduct has a simple explanation. Ben and his lawyers did the only thing they could do, which was to enter into a settlement with the accuser under which Ben paid her off in exchange for her agreement not to press charges. In other words, Ben Kobe'd it. It was a real smart move too from the looks of things. The settlement will have the standard confidentiality provision which prohibits either party from disclosing the existence or terms of the agreement. There will never be a civil suit filed because she has already been paid and released her claims. The DA believes that Ben is guilty of sexual assault but without the girl's cooperation there was no point in charging him. So he did the next best thing from his point of view, which is to make it clear that he thinks Ben committed sexual assult without actually using those words.