Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: The Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year.

I really hope the Steelers push Troy, Aaron and Hines alot this year. I think if we can keep Ben in the background, it behooves us.
    I guarantee that Ben will not be voted the team captain this year, so that helps.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought we weren't going to finish better than 8-8.

Hopefully we can get Woodley mic'd up in the Super Bowl and hear him say, "Take my shots, you bitches!" :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers should have a real shot this year if we can keep our people healthy and improve the defensive backfield.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I disagree. We have a lot of work to get done and a lot of variables have been thrown into the mix that might impede the 7th ring acquisition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    I disagree. We have a lot of work to get done and a lot of variables have been thrown into the mix that might impede the 7th ring acquisition.
    While it's true that losing Holmes hurts us badly, if we can improve our DB we can still be in good shape. Of course, we just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Remember last year? Everyone thought we'd be after #7 because we had overcome so much to reach #6 and all the cards seemed to have fallen in our favor. I guess that's why they play the games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    While it's true that losing Holmes hurts us badly, if we can improve our DB we can still be in good shape. Of course, we just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Remember last year? Everyone thought we'd be after #7 because we had overcome so much to reach #6 and all the cards seemed to have fallen in our favor. I guess that's why they play the games.

We surely are capable... I think every season we are capable. I just think the rest of this offseason will really reveal what the season will entail. The big question mark of our DBs and line play seem minute in comparison to how the coaches and players will respond to this obvious huge distraction. Plus going into the season without our most productive receiver in a Fun-N-Gun offense has me scratching my head. I pray for the best and prep for the worst.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

We surely are capable... I think every season we are capable. I just think the rest of this offseason will really reveal what the season will entail. The big question mark of our DBs and line play seem minute in comparison to how the coaches and players will respond to this obvious huge distraction. Plus going into the season without our most productive receiver in a Fun-N-Gun offense has me scratching my head. I pray for the best and prep for the worst.
    That's usually the best way to handle things, IMO. The question mark around the DB's won't seem minute if they're blowing games again. Some people really wanted to see us establish the run more- it appears as though there won't be much choice on that anymore.