Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

Hall of Famer

Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

sounds more and more to me like a jilted girl type thing to me.

she thought she was the girl ben wanted. ben turned his atention to girl in gray sweather dress.

how does she get the attention back, when the other leaves ...she tells ben lets go mess around in the bathroom..... things get hot, she's loaded and falls, ben sees how messed up she is and says this cant continue.

ben goes back to VIP. girl is jilted, finds out girl in gray sweather dress is sitting next to ben again and goes makes up this assault story.

think i even read form one of the girl witness statements that they didn't get along with girl in sweather dress (not positive).

gotta say the DAs words of no "probable cause" fit right in here

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER

she thought she was the girl ben wanted. ben turned his atention to girl in gray sweather dress.

how does she get the attention back, when the other leaves ...she tells ben lets go mess around in the bathroom..... things get hot, she's loaded and falls, ben sees how messed up she is and says this cant continue.

ben goes back to VIP. girl is jilted, finds out girl in gray sweather dress is sitting next to ben again and goes makes up this assault story.

think i even read form one of the girl witness statements that they didn't get along with girl in sweather dress (not positive).

NJ, I would seriously love for that to be the case. But, if it was, then what would Ben have to lose by telling the truth? I am sorry, but Ben not telling the truth, not saying anything specific and being told not to speak by his lawyers doesn't pass the "smell" test with me. If you really consider that also, I think you will agree that something doesn't seem right and that, to me, is very unfortunate, but real.

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    With no DNA, no video evidence and no eyewitness accounts, the investigation was dealt its final blow on April 2.

Ten days later, Mr. Bright announced on live television that there would be no charges filed against Mr. Roethlisberger. His obstacle, he said, was not being able to prove that a crime was committed beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Since we're highlighting the article, allow me to highlight the ONLY portion that matters. We get it, some of you want him to be guilty, it's over...you're beating a dead horse, let it go & wait for the punishment or trading that's to come.
    Yeah that's all that matters....go root for him because he can throw TD's...

because football is the only thing that matters...

hell some of you would defend if you were there and heard her say "No...Stop" you would say she meant "No, don't stop" because you believe in what you want to believe no matter what.

It's always something else:

The media is out to get Ben
    The girl is a gold digger
    The sorority sisters needed to get their story straight
    The Sgt on hand who had no bias whatsoever said she said no, regardless of additional info
    No DNA...but who cares that the alleged crime scene was compromised...

it's always someone else that is wrong or evil...never Ben the almighty illiustrious TD thrower...2 Super Bowls is all that matters.

Yeah it's been beaten to death you and I can both agree, but you want to defend this guy for the wrong reasons...I have already said in previous posts he is not guilty, but that doesn't mean he wasn't wrong. Nixon was never impeached...so therefore he was not guilty of anything either...Never proven, but most Americans will all agree he was wrong.

Oh I am sorry Nixon never played for the Steelers...

my bad.

brothervad

Waddup brothervad. I've always enjoyed your posts/stance/views/whatever. Just sayin'.

Anyhow, I agree with everything you wrote. I have declined to comment much on this whole thing until I felt like there was enough crap out there to make some sort of decision about it. I don't vouch for someone because I like their play. I also don't assume the worst. I consider myself somewhat rational.

After reading what I've read about all of this crap, my opinion is that there is just no way to believe Ben guilty of rape. I'm not saying just that it can't be proven. I'm saying that there is a bunch of talk from both sides, and after looking at everything I've seen I just am not buying it.

Sure, he probably shouldn't be buying shots for college chicks in a bar...because this crap may happen. But, what I'm interested in is whether or not he's a rapist. If he is, then I hope he gets buried under the nearest jail. If he isn't, then time to move on.

I faced this crap awhile back as both a Lakers and Kobe Bryant fan. I made my decision on that, which was that he didn't rape that girl. As far as I can tell, I'm making the same one now.

Not sure if any of the crap I just typed even relates to your post, but I felt like throwing my opinion out there for the hell of it lol.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER

NJ, I would seriously love for that to be the case. But, if it was, then what would Ben have to lose by telling the truth? I am sorry, but Ben not telling the truth, not saying anything specific and being told not to speak by his lawyers doesn't pass the "smell" test with me. If you really consider that also, I think you will agree that something doesn't seem right and that, to me, is very unfortunate, but real.
    \

because, in the end. he is still guilty of trying to have sex in the bathroom of a public club...thats not really going to endear him with many.Esp the league office

and he's guilty of putting himself in this position by trying to do such a thing a year after another (as nutty as it sounded) allegation of sexual assault.

i highly doubt any superstar mega rich football players have to force themselves on anyone (yes, i'm sure it can happen.... chumara). the reports said there were like 15 girls all gravitating to ben at the first bar they were at and they were all trying to talk to him thru willie (until willie had enuff of it).

i have to imagine something like that happenes everytime he goes out

[quote=NJ-STEELER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":2j04kquh

\

because, in the end. he is still guilty of trying to have sex in the bathroom of a public club...thats not really going to endear him with many.Esp the league office

and he's guilty of putting himself in this position by trying to do such a thing a year after another (as nutty as it sounded) allegation of sexual assault.

i highly doubt any superstar mega rich football players have to force themselves on anyone (yes, i'm sure it can happen.... chumara). the reports said there were like 15 girls all gravitating to ben at the first bar they were at and they were all trying to talk to him thru willie (until willie had enuff of it).

i have to imagine something like that happenes everytime he goes out[/quote:2j04kquh]
    Exactly. Ben behaved in a very inappropriate manner and will be punished for it. I hate it, but it is a very unfortunate reality. My hope is that he is very contrite, learns from his mistake and never behaves that way again.

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    we just think that the law has spoken & Ben has the right to resume his position with the team without prejudice, but not without reprimand.
    He does indeed have the right to resume his career but others have the right to look at the information available and draw their own conclusions and, if they like, call for him to be traded, cut, suspended or whatever. His right to continue his life does not supercede anybody else's right to speak their opinions of him.

For the record, I hope the Steelers keep him and give him a chance. If it was clear cut that he did something wrong (even without criminal charges) I would want them to get rid. But I don't see how anybody comes down on this with a firm opinion one way or the other. There is evidence of wrongdoing but it is not overwhelming.
    Pretty foolish to draw those conclusions from, at best, unreliable and inconsistent information though. Don't you think?

With no DNA, no video evidence and no eyewitness accounts, the investigation was dealt its final blow on April 2.

Ten days later, Mr. Bright announced on live television that there would be no charges filed against Mr. Roethlisberger. His obstacle, he said, was not being able to prove that a crime was committed beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Since we're highlighting the article, allow me to highlight the ONLY portion that matters. We get it, some of you want him to be guilty, it's over...you're beating a dead horse, let it go & wait for the punishment or trading that's to come.
    I also would have highlighted this part:

Forensic evidence, it turned out, was scant. Although testing showed the presence of male human DNA from the woman, there was no way to match it to Mr. Roethlisberger or anyone else, according to Ted R. Staples, GBI's manager of forensic biology.

"It was an extremely small quantity of that, and there simply was not enough to generate a nuclear DNA profile from that male" Mr. Staples said. "We carried it forward and made an attempt [to obtain a DNA profile.] The only profile generated was that of the female."

Even with today's technology, the sample was so infinitesimal that nothing could be determined.

"Normally what we're looking for is about a nanogram of DNA, which is a billionth of a gram. A raisin weighs about a gram, so if you could cut a raisin into a billion pieces, we need one of those. So this particular result was far less than even a nanogram. There was something there. It just wasn't enough."

Mr. Staples said scientists could not discern the source of the DNA in the sample, whether it was from saliva, semen or something else.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    we just think that the law has spoken & Ben has the right to resume his position with the team without prejudice, but not without reprimand.
    He does indeed have the right to resume his career but others have the right to look at the information available and draw their own conclusions and, if they like, call for him to be traded, cut, suspended or whatever. His right to continue his life does not supercede anybody else's right to speak their opinions of him.

For the record, I hope the Steelers keep him and give him a chance. If it was clear cut that he did something wrong (even without criminal charges) I would want them to get rid. But I don't see how anybody comes down on this with a firm opinion one way or the other. There is evidence of wrongdoing but it is not overwhelming.
    Pretty foolish to draw those conclusions from, at best, unreliable and inconsistent information though. Don't you think?
    What conclusions, specifically?
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

What conclusions, specifically?
    I wasn't referring to any conclusions that you may have drawn. I was referring to your statement as it relates to many Steelers fans who have drawn the conclusion that even law enforcement and the DA in Georgia were not able to prove.

Pro Bowler

I wasn't referring to any conclusions that you may have drawn. I was referring to your statement as it relates to many Steelers fans who have drawn the conclusion that even law enforcement and the DA in Georgia were not able to prove.
    Well, I think part of that is that people are taking Ben's behavior on the whole and letting it inform their opinions on what happened in this particular incident. It's been discussed before but there is a difference between a criminal conviction and what goes on in the court of public opinion. And with the numerous stories about Ben I don't find it all that surprising that there are people who are saying that all things considered they would prefer the Steelers to get rid.

But like I said before, I don't really understand how anybody forms a solid and immutable opinion one wary or the other on this one.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848