Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 170

Thread: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

  1. #11

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    you want to trade ben on the word of some drunk ass college bimbo and her sorority sisters and draft tim tebow as his replacement.

    that must be what football hell is like.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I'm not sure about a trade though... however, I have seen FO's speak about commitment before trading a guy...
    Yes, but have you heard THIS front office doing it? That's not how the Rooney's work.

    I am firmly entrenched in the Ben will not be traded camp. Art II actually referenced to it in the presser. Not after georgie. If he does it again, well then he is as good as gone. But not now.
    No... but have we ever seen old players brought back after leaving for greener pastures or old vets getting nice contracts?

    I think our philosophy is changing and I wouldn't put anything past our FO right now.

    I don't think we will trade him either.

  3. #13

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I predict that before the the NFL draft next week the Pittsburgh Steelers will trade Ben Roethlisberger. With the latest about Ben's body guards dragging this woman into the bathroom (ESPN), and now her coming out saying she said "NO" (CNNSI), to Ben I think ugliness and embarrassment for the Steelers is not going to go away. And I think ownership has had enough. Todays press conference in my opinion was merely to alert the league that he is available. And I believe they leaked a couple of things through the media (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... hlisberger), to alert other teams they will take offers.

    For them to say that no discipline will occur till after the draft is washing their hands of having to do it since they plan on trading him.

    So I am officially on record as saying that Ben Roethlisberger is going to be traded with in one week. And I think this is best for the Steelers.


    and I am officially on record as saying that Ben Roethlisberger is NOT going to be traded within one week. Big Ben will be given one more chance, and that is what's best for the Steelers.
    BEN WILL NOT BE TRADED!

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Does anyone really think that ESPN or others would start their broadcast by saying "Ben's accuser was drunk off her a$$!" or "Medical facts doesn't support Ben's accuser!"...of course not, that just won't bring 'em in. First you reveal the salacious comments & then you remind everyone that he wasn't charged due to lack of evidence - that way the gossipy stuff sticks.

    Everyone of any importance already knew this info/version of events & it was right or so damaging, there would've been charges right?...or am I in bizarro world? I hope that Goodell gets to look at the information that Ed Garland found out & it gets leaked out for us to consider.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  5. #15
    Backup The Man of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dahntahn
    Posts
    293

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    and then the curse of the Benbino begins...
    Another 30 years before we get a QB?
    As a collective group our QB's from 1983 to 2004 were the epitomy of mediocrity. Trade Ben and it will be another 20 years or so of journeymen QB's running the Steelers offense.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    why wouldn't the DA file charges if indeed the statement of the girl and her friends were true?

    sounds like an open and shut case in their staements.

    what were the "inconsistencies" the DA talked about in his presser

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Does anyone really think that ESPN or others would start their broadcast by saying "Ben's accuser was drunk off her a$$!" or "Medical facts doesn't support Ben's accuser!"...of course not, that just won't bring 'em in. First you reveal the salacious comments & then you remind everyone that he wasn't charged due to lack of evidence - that way the gossipy stuff sticks.

    Everyone of any importance already knew this info/version of events & it was right or so damaging, there would've been charges right?...or am I in bizarro world? I hope that Goodell gets to look at the information that Ed Garland found out & it gets leaked out for us to consider.


    The DA knew all this stuff and still couldn't charge him. If she went to the cops as quickly as she did and he had done her than one would think that they would have had plenty of physical evidence that wouldn't have required her cooperation. Maybe not, but the story isn't passing the smell test.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,905

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    why wouldn't the DA file charges if indeed the statement of the girl and her friends were true?

    sounds like an open and shut case in their staements.

    what were the "inconsistencies" the DA talked about in his presser

    DA's look for consistency and I think her intoxication makes it hard to get a clear story.

    I also think her request to not go forward (pay off was made) makes it harder to go forward.

    I also read about bleeding and bruised genitals but without enough DNA who knows? Did the bar ever release the tape of the night in question?

    Body guards erasing the photos is also disturbing... maybe Goodell's spygate destruction was put in place.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    why wouldn't the DA file charges if indeed the statement of the girl and her friends were true?

    sounds like an open and shut case in their staements.

    what were the "inconsistencies" the DA talked about in his presser

    DA's look for consistency and I think her intoxication makes it hard to get a clear story.

    I also think her request to not go forward (pay off was made) makes it harder to go forward.

    I also read about bleeding and bruised genitals but without enough DNA who knows? Did the bar ever release the tape of the night in question?

    Body guards erasing the photos is also disturbing... maybe Goodell's spygate destruction was put in place.
    Erasing photos isn't disturbing. Camera phones are an invasion of privacy. Why should he have to have his pictures plastered all over the place no matter what he was doing. Would you like your pics everywhere you look?

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087

    Re: Sorry Folks But Ben is Gone...

    It does make me wonder about the bodyguards. Aren't they off-duty cops? If so, wouldn't there be an IA investigation if they were involved in this as has been testified?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •