Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Rooney to hold PC at 230

Re: Art Rooney to hold PC at 230

You know the weird part . . . when I turned the TV on Monday to watch the DA presser, even though I knew what he was going to say because of the earlier reports, I actually got nervous. I feel the same way about this. How sad is it that I get nervous about these things?

Pro Bowler

@JasonLaCanfora Art Rooney is merely meeting the medai today. No announcement to be made. Big Ben suspension likely to come after draft, as we've reported
    Betting lines have been closed...

Hall of Famer

I think it would be more accurate adjusting the line to 3.5. Rooneys are not happy and all the eyes of the league are on them. 4 games won't even come close to showing the anger & disappointment the Rooneys feel. From a PR standpoint, the Steelers organization took a step trading Santonio for peanuts. Taking severe action in house against Roethlisberger would be a leap. 2 games or less will be frowned upon by many.

Honestly, after the 1st incident, even if this was a charge of serving alcohol to a minor & no sexual assault allegations...What do you think he would get? Remember the Pac Man meetings and how he lied? The league investigators have all the details from the case. They know the specifics. Ben serving a minor was proven not charged. There is other information that we don't know that the League knows & Ben had to admit to the Commish. Conduct policy does not have to come from charges. What ever Ben did that was in that case file was brought up, discussed, and Goodell asked the question. There is a reason why the league & the Steelers organization is irate. They know the details that we can only speculate on. They know everything because a player has to divulge everything. That wasn't a court room...It was the league office. Ben couldn't look at his attorney after Goodell asked a question and the lawyer responded, "No comment."
    "Go Dixon" for 4 games....I would be surprised if it was less.

I don't bet, but 2 games min is what needs handed down.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    He may discuss the suspension, but only if he knows Goodell's plan. I'm sure he's addressing the media to put an end to the trade rumors, etc and to say that they stand behind Ben and for the media to just STFU about it and quit spreading the false information that they are.
    John Clayton thought Goodell would wait until after the draft to announce Ben's punishment. Guess we might find out today.....

Hall of Famer

Reportedly Rooney isn't going to discuss the possible suspension.. from three source: clayton, Schefter and Wingo
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Pro Bowler

I could see zero, if the facts are relayed to the Commish and nothing is really there.
    Or 2 games if its something shady bu that's it.
    Or 4 games if the Commish thinks Ben may have gotten away with somethng in the courts.

But I'm scared of a big slapdown. I don't believe it will happen, but I'll be glad when the PC is over. From 0-4 is fine. We'll get some good things out of it. We'll find out if Dixon can develop or if he's a waste of time. If we can squeeze a couple wins out of it, then that has value.
    Biggest problem is if Ben comes out cold and rusty in game 5 and we lose that game.
    This is also a good chance to scare the defense into knowing that they better be ready. And we'll be forced to develop a running game early that may help carry us later in the season.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    He may discuss the suspension, but only if he knows Goodell's plan. I'm sure he's addressing the media to put an end to the trade rumors, etc and to say that they stand behind Ben and for the media to just STFU about it and quit spreading the false information that they are.
    If Rooney says the Steelers "Stand behind Ben", I guess they will also be announcing the signing of Pac Man Jones, the trading of a 2nd round pick to the Bengals for Matt Jones, and trading a 1st in 2010 & next years 1st to Washington for Haynesworth. Ben has a long way to go to earn the support of the Rooneys.

Hall of Famer

Gooddell waiting to announce the suspension until after the draft is completely bogus. The Steelers need to start planning for the season now. It is a big difference if ben is out for 1-2 or more than four. Gooddell knows what he wants to do. It needs to be done in the next couple of days.

I'm sure Art is meeting with the media to

1. Express concern and disappointment
    2. Announce that Ben is going nowhere
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

The Steelers may announce their "in house" punishment, though I am still not certain that any is warranted...acting like a douchebag isn't suspension worthy, IMO...

Goodell will probably decide that the Steelers' punishment is sufficient, especially since no charges were filed and the league's personal conduct policy specifically states that charges must be filed...