Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers face likely 6-figure fine

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers face likely 6-figure fine

Witch hunt is an understatement. WTF if this is true.

Just as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be held accountable for his actions, so will the Pittsburgh Steelers.

If (and when) Roethlisberger is punished, the franchise is facing a fine upwards of six figures -- possibly in the neighborhood of $200,000 -- for the behavior of Roethlisberger and former Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to a league source.

Two seasons ago, when the NFL implemented its personal conduct policy, it also mandated that teams would be responsible for their players' off-the-field transgressions. If any player ran afoul of the policy's personal conduct guidelines, a team also would be accountable.

How much the Steelers will be penalized won't be determined until after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decides on any punishment for Roethlisberger, likely not until after next week's draft. Sources in and around the league believe Roethlisberger will receive a suspension of between two and four games.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5098560"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5098560[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers face likely 6-figure fine

That is just silly.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

As a manager of a commercial flooring company- when one of our contractors messes up a job & it needs fixing- the charge is handed over to them. It comes out of their bill.

Pass the bill on to that $100 million QB...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    As a manager of a commercial flooring company- when one of our contractors messes up a job & it needs fixing- the charge is handed over to them. It comes out of their bill.

Sounds like a plan to me
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

so the patriots get what a 250,000 fine for cheating to win 3 super bowls and we get a 200,000 dollar fine for having 2 idiots, one of which we get rid of even though he is not even in his prime yet...does not make sense to me

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Totally agree. I would pass that on to Ben and double it for being such a jack*** Truly, the face of our franchise is a jack*** Personally for me that SUCKS. I want the Steelers to win with honor and win the right way!! Now when we win, it will not feel right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks Ben!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

This is part of the new NFL under Goodell. Punishment for the franchises that draft, hire, or keep players that bring negative attention to the league.

The fine will likely go up if the Steelers find themselves in a situation similar to this again.

Legend

User Info Menu

If so, it's just another feather in the "Jackarse" hat of Goodell.

He flat out sucks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    If so, it's just another feather in the "Jackarse" hat of Goodell.

He flat out sucks.
    I don't like Goodell and I believe he has a bad plan for the NFL, but how is this his fault? Should the NFL and the Steelers allow this incident to pass without any consequences?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount