Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all those talking trade

For all those talking trade

GET AN EFFIN GRIP! I have became a Steeler fan when we drafted Ham and Harris in the early 70's. I've watched this franchise go from a laughing sock to elite. One of the main parts was the QB position. Terry developed into one of THE best big game QB in NFL history. After he retired, I SUFFERED thru the Bubby Bristers, Mark Malones, Todd Blackledges, and Kordell Stewards. I've watched teams in the 80's that were good enough to go deep into the playoffs but didn't because of one position - QB! Then along comes Ben and leads to not one but TWO Super Bowls in his first 5 years.
    Is he perfect? Far from it!
    Has he made some VERY bad decisions-YES.
    Has he been convicted of a crime- NO, NO, NO.
    Should he be punished for the good of the team (and the NFL)-Yes. I say counseling and a 2 game suspension. In fact, I think the league will send him to counseling and the Steelers will suspend him.
    Should he be traded--NO, NO, NO,NO.
    Let's all calm down and see how Ben handles himself during the rest of this mess before you all start yelling TRADE!

Re: For all those talking trade

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    GET AN EFFIN GRIP! I have became a Steeler fan when we drafted Ham and Harris in the early 70's. I've watched this franchise go from a laughing sock to elite. One of the main parts was the QB position. Terry developed into one of THE best big game QB in NFL history. After he retired, I SUFFERED thru the Bubby Bristers, Mark Malones, Todd Blackledges, and Kordell Stewards. I've watched teams in the 80's that were good enough to go deep into the playoffs but didn't because of one position - QB! Then along comes Ben and leads to not one but TWO Super Bowls in his first 5 years.
    Should he be punished for the good of the team (and the NFL)-Yes. I say counseling and a 2 game suspension. In fact, I think the league will send him to counseling and the Steelers will suspend him.
    Let's all calm down and see how Ben handles himself during the rest of this mess before you all start yelling TRADE!

Agree here, from a Steeler fan since 1960. Trade - NO WAY! Discipline - Absolutely YES. The way I perceive it, as Ben has shown a lack of internal motivation or control to manage within expectations, external motivation and control must be applied, or his off-field behavior is less likely to change. Right now, to me, he's a jerk. I'd like to admire him again, but that will take change from him and time to prove the change.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Hall of Famer

people can call for whatever they want. for some, having a jerk for a QB is no big deal, for some he really hasn't done anything wrong, and for some, he appears to be a sexual predator and they don't want him to be the face of their franchise.

me? i just don't know. if he goes, there is no way we win the super bowl any time soon.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Legend

Stop ramming it in people's faces.

I've seen nothing from the ownership or FO that leads me to believe they are ready to trade Ben away. I don't think that it'll happen. It would shock me to no ends if it did. I'm not condoning his antics, but I'm not ready to ship him off to another team either. This year will be a very telling one in terms of his opportunity to get the message and grow up.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

Agree here, from a Steeler fan since 1960. Trade - NO WAY! Discipline - Absolutely YES. The way I perceive it, as Ben has shown a lack of internal motivation or control to manage within expectations, external motivation and control must be applied, or his off-field behavior is less likely to change. Right now, to me, he's a jerk. I'd like to admire him again, but that will take change from him and time to prove the change.
    Fan sonce the early 70s and totally agree. It took us 25 years to get a legit QB after Bradshaw left. I'd rather give Ben a chance at redemption that emotionally throw him out because of what is really perception and accusation. He should be punished as pointed out and he should be given very strict expectations and then its up to him. If he screws up again then release the hounds of hell on his butt.

I agree with with DB. Ben is a jerk who need to get a cgrip on reality and what a privelege he has been given. His boorish behavior has to stop. Only he can do that. Hopefully the message has gotten through and we see a better person evolve moving forward.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

One NO for every accusation of assault.

I don't think I'd trade him, but as long as we got a good return (more than 2 x 1st) and sent him to the NFC, I'd be OK with it if that was the decision.

Fan since 1969 and I'm fine with either scenario. I would prefer that Ben get some counseling (and while he's at it a bit of fashion advice) and remain a Steeler. If the Steelers see fit to trade him and get a good return, I'll be okay with that, but not happy about it.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Fan since 1969 and I'm fine with either scenario. I would prefer that Ben get some counseling (and while he's at it a bit of fashion advice) and remain a Steeler. If the Steelers see fit to trade him and get a good return, I'll be okay with that, but not happy about it.

Pappy
    Fan since I came off the boat in 73'. I am with you on your sentiments, Pap. I don't think its a stretch to ask for some kind of good behavior from the guy whose numbered jersey your children wear.

Pro Bowler

Been a fan since the late 70's and I love my Steelers. I also remember Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, Bubby, Mike Tomczak, Kordell, Kent Graham......and I don't look forward to going back to those days either.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.