Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm...interesting reading...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Hmmm...interesting reading...

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... rt-uu.aspx

Kind of what Chadman has been thinking- if the Steelers really want to be 'The Pittsburgh Steelers', upstanding, moral beacons of the NFL, then perhaps we should take our lumps & deal with being a lesser team...without Ben...but strengthening the team resolve, the character of the organisation, for the future...

It's worth contemplating.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Backup

Re: Hmmm...interesting reading...

No.

Hall of Famer

I wish everyone would take aabout a week to let everything digest before writing these ridiculous articles...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spyboots
    No.
    Agreed.

Anything "written" by Bob Smizek should be banned from this forum forever. How 'bout it, mods?

Starter

ufck that hsit.

still love that sig Chadmanneth....

No, I'm thinking it's really not worth contemplating at all.

When Ben was accused of assault by McNulty, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lord knows the world has plenty of crazies

I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with this accusation. Ben hasn't been charged -- let alone convicted -- of a crime.

Until Ben is convicted of a crime, he is innocent until proven guilty, just like every other American.

BUT... consider:

• If Ben won't tone back his lifestyle he is going to be a target for these claims in the future. Bad people will see him and think "ah ha, here's a chance to make some cash."
      [/*:m:2sbmyvta]
    • Ben's actions reflect very poorly on both the NFL and the Steelers. If I was twice accused of sexual assault and was the face of my company, I'd be out on my ass in no time flat. The next accusation, truthful or not, will likely lead to a major suspension.
    • Additionally, it's possible that Goodell may impose restrictions Ben may not want to live with. With rumors swirling about Ben entering an alcohol abuse program, any small violation there could lead to much stricter sanctions. I'd assume if Goodell mandated this program it would fall under the NFL substance program...
    • While QBs have a much longer shelf life than other positions, Ben isn't a traditional pocket passer. He takes a ton of hits and relies much more on guts and his feet to make plays. He's a concussion or two away from big trouble.[/*:m:2sbmyvta]

With all that in mind, maybe it is time to strike while the iron is hot. We'd be able to get two first round picks for Ben without breaking a sweat.

I'm a fan of the Steelers -- I pull for this team, which has the best ownership of any NFL team. And if the owners decide that Ben isn't going to be able to stay out of trouble, I'll be happy with that decision.

So long as they get more than a 5th round pick for Ben

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I can't wait for the season to start so people will kindly STFU with all this trade Ben BS.

For two first round picks? I say pull the trigger. Let the beatings begin!!!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I can't wait for the season to start so people will kindly STFU with all this trade Ben BS.
    Agreed...all the "chicken littles" are driving me crazy.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...