Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Ginn Anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ted Ginn Anyone?

Reported that the Dolphins may give him up for a late round pick since Brandon Marshall is going there.

[url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#4601"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#4601[/url]

Bring him in as a younger option to ARE and Battle? Insurance in case Sweed can't make it?

Would allow us to get rid of Logan as a return guy and he wouldn't be expected to be the #1 here.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ted Ginn Anyone?

I haven't followed him in Miami, but he sure was a huge return threat at OSU. If we could get him for a 5th round pick that would be one 1st rounder gone (Holmes) and another one to replace him. I would do it!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you didn't like seeing Limas Sweed drop passes then you certainly don't want Ted Ginn Jr.

He has some of the worst hands in football. Great returner though...

Legend

User Info Menu

Could be a good idea.

He had 56 catches in his second yr. The decline last year could be due to the change in situation/qb and he may have some upside.

Backup

User Info Menu

A close friend of mine is a Dolphins fan. His take on Ginn is that he is just an average route runner , is timid when it comes to contact and tends to drop some easy ones but make the circus catch. What he does have is elite speed and seems like a humble good guy who does work hard but is a bit of a dummy. Maybe he needs a fresh start , better QB and a new WR coach to get his stuff worked out.

That being said......I'd give a 5th for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why not?? I'd take him for a 5th round pick. With him and Wallace that is a ton of speed. Ginn is light years ahead of Limas Sweed.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    If you didn't like seeing Limas Sweed drop passes then you certainly don't want Ted Ginn Jr.

He has some of the worst hands in football. Great returner though...
    isnt that the truth. i watch a lot of the fins and ginn's hands are awful. its hard to say what ginn is worth. i wouldnt give up any higher than a 5th for him. he is an elite return man though. that game in new york last season against the jets was amazing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Using the pick obtained for Santonio to acquire his former Buckeye teammate (and fellow first round draft pick) would be weird.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I keep pulling the trigger but for some reason the safety is on!!!

6th in a heart beat! 5th...I might be interested.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Why not?? I'd take him for a 5th round pick. With him and Wallace that is a ton of speed. Ginn is light years ahead of Limas Sweed.
    My thoughts too. And if Sweed gets his act together you could be talking about one of the best young receiving groups in the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"