Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawyer now backs off earlier claims....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lawyer now backs off earlier claims....

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/lawyer-backs-off-on-allegations-of-other-roethlisberger-incidents/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... incidents/[/url]

Lawyer backs off on allegations of other Roethlisberger incidents
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 5:15 PM ET
    Earlier today, a Boston attorney claimed that he investigated six months ago claims against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Las Vegas that were "absolutely identical" to the Georgia allegations that recently were resolved via an announcement that there will be no prosecution. Harry Manion also indicated in an appearance on WEEI that there were others, too.

"There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience," Manion said. "And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid."

Now, Manion is singing a different tune. It started with an e-mail from Manion's office to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "Mr. Manion did not mean to express or imply that he has any information that Mr. Roethlisberger engaged in any illegal behavior."

Sure, maybe he didn't mean to express or imply anything. But he sure as hell did.

Manion later elaborated directly. "I don't have any details at all," Manion told the Post-Gazette. "I was retained by a family. It went nowhere. I have no specifics. All I know is it involved an evening with Ben Roethlisberger, and I never got any of the details. I offered it [on the radio show] only because it was such a similar situation -- a young woman at a nightclub asked, invited into a VIP area."

In other words, even guys with advanced degrees aren't immune from the misguided belief that the words uttered on a radio show evaporate permanently into the ether, never to be heard from again.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Lawyer now backs off earlier claims....

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11414&start=90[/url]

wow who would have thought that this was ALREADY posted and MOVED. whoda thunk it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Amazing how that works eh Birt?

And it doesn't surprise me that this lawyer is now tucking his tail and running for the hills.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Amazing how that works eh Birt?

And it doesn't surprise me that this lawyer is now tucking his tail and running for the hills.
    like i said in the other TWO threads about this. the timing is impeccable. I loved how he waited until after the meeting with goddell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11414&start=90[/url]

wow who would have thought that this was ALREADY posted and MOVED. whoda thunk it.
    Yeah but I would have had to scroll through 7 pages to find that....

And this is the crap that kept me away from posting on these sites for what a year and half?? Ok cool. I get it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

And this is the crap that kept me away from posting on these sites for what a year and half?? Ok cool. I get it.
    what because you have such trouble reading?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Listen Dee...you let your ego get in the way of you enjoying yourself here. The mods have rules...they are not meant to insult you. They are there to keep the Steelers page as clean as possible. Having a million posts about the same topic makes it difficult to find draft news. That's the way they do things here. No need to get your jock strap in a bunch.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

welcome aboard SFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll bet if you read all 7 pages, you wouldn't have had to create all those redundant threads.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Give DD a break. I find it easier to read the latest news here instead of having to go to another area. Move it after 24 hours if you have to, but not the latest news.