Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive Ben Thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Positive Ben Thread

Remember this one? I think it's high time we heard some positive Ben things ...

1. He's a really good football player
    2. I hear he's worth two high #1 draft picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Positive Ben Thread

There are links to videos and articles and websites out there of Ben doing good, all of the bad said about Ben has no proof.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben cut the Jesse James mullet before meeting with Goodell....

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    There are links to videos and articles and websites out there of Ben doing good, all of the bad said about Ben has no proof.
    Ok, JAR we've been going at it now for a couple of days. :P Is there ANY room in your thinking here for doubt regarding Ben? And saying no because there's no proof is a cop out. If that was a valid blanket answer, then our judicial system would not allow civil suits where the burden of proof isn't as heavy as criminal cases. The whole idea of the civil suit is to give recourse to people (who can't meet the burden of criminal prosecution standards) in a court of opinion that operates under rules/guidelines for evidence submission that guarantee fairness to both sides in presenting a case.

Legend

User Info Menu

When Pac Man was a Cowboy I would hear fans saying he was never convicted and he didn't pull the trigger. Some fans like to keep their heroes on pedestals regardless....

I'm not saying JAR is making excuses but it sure sounds like the story he has of that night has Ben 100% clean and I think we all know Ben made a few mistakes that night that didn't help his situation.

Fans will always make excuses to make their guy clean and that is OK... I won't ever defend a player off the field because it's a rich athlete and too many have gone through life with yes men and guys who clean up their sh!t. When I heard Jimmy Hate choked his baby momma over a baptism so it was kinda OK I knew our franchise, while good, was also capable of shoveling sh!t just like the next franchise.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    When Pac Man was a Cowboy I would hear fans saying he was never convicted and he didn't pull the trigger. Some fans like to keep their heroes on pedestals regardless....

I'm not saying JAR is making excuses but it sure sounds like the story he has of that night has Ben 100% clean and I think we all know Ben made a few mistakes that night that didn't help his situation.

Fans will always make excuses to make their guy clean and that is OK... I won't ever defend a player off the field because it's a rich athlete and too many have gone through life with yes men and guys who clean up their sh!t. When I heard Jimmy Hate choked his baby momma over a baptism so it was kinda OK I knew our franchise, while good, was also capable of shoveling sh!t just like the next franchise.
    Because I believe Ben, his entourage, his sober cop bodyguards and not a drunk 20 year old or proven loon like McNulty? Because I believe that people, no matter who they are can live their lives as they chose as long as they follow the law of the land?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Because I believe Ben, his entourage, his sober cop bodyguards and not a drunk 20 year old or proven loon like McNulty? Because I believe that people, no matter who they are can live their lives as they chose as long as they follow the law of the land?
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Ben has a history of being a pr*ck. Personally, I think that's a trait that gives consideration to the idea that his credibility can be questionable. There are also reports from multiple Pittsburgh area restaurants about Ben expecting not to pay because "he's helping bring business." Some of those reports went even so far as to say he was belligerent.

If you can't see that we have a guy here who has a serious and growing sense of self-entitlement, then you just have your head in the sand. Once self-entitlement grows into full bloom, people who have it are capable of doing some pretty heinous things. Once ego on that level takes hold, there's just no reasoning with it. I'm not saying this IS the case with Ben. I'm saying there is reason to believe he's gravitated that way since joining the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Ben has a history of being a pr*ck. Personally, I think that's a trait that gives consideration to the idea that his credibility can be questionable. There are also reports from multiple Pittsburgh area restaurants about Ben expecting not to pay because "he's helping bring business." Some of those reports went even so far as to say he was belligerent.

If you can't see that we have a guy here who has a serious and growing sense of self-entitlement, then you just have your head in the sand. Once self-entitlement grows into full bloom, people who have it are capable of doing some pretty heinous things. Once ego on that level takes hold, there's just no reasoning with it. I'm not saying this IS the case with Ben. I'm saying there is reason to believe he's gravitated that way since joining the Steelers.

Logic, in excess.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

Logic, in excess.
    He also has a history of being a nice guy too...it's just not convenient to bring it up right now. And a great many of these bad guy reports are just "word of mouth" types that anyone can make up, so why don't we stick to what we do know? We know that most pro athletes or celebrities have a sense of entitlement - do you really think that Ben is the first or the only one? C'mon...this is why he keeps a relatively low profile - he can't go anywhere without someone asking something of him & if he declines or refuses then he's automatically an a$$. But then we have stories of the police dog donations & the visits with children & suddenly none of that counts. He knows he'll never be like Manning, but that's okay, maybe he doesn't want to, but that doesn't automatically mean he's a bad guy. But you can make him one if you want...it's your choice, just keep focusing on the negative like the talk-radio guys & pretty soon you'll have everyone convinced that he never did anything good at all.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    He also has a history of being a nice guy too...it's just not convenient to bring it up right now. And a great many of these bad guy reports are just "word of mouth" types that anyone can make up, so why don't we stick to what we do know? We know that most pro athletes or celebrities have a sense of entitlement - do you really think that Ben is the first or the only one? C'mon...this is why he keeps a relatively low profile - he can't go anywhere without someone asking something of him & if he declines or refuses then he's automatically an a$$. But then we have stories of the police dog donations & the visits with children & suddenly none of that counts. He knows he'll never be like Manning, but that's okay, maybe he doesn't want to, but that doesn't automatically mean he's a bad guy. But you can make him one if you want...it's your choice, just keep focusing on the negative like the talk-radio guys & pretty soon you'll have everyone convinced that he never did anything good at all.
    While I was in FL visiting my bro he introduced me to a friend of his who is from the Burgh but living down there now. She is a die-hard Pittsburgh sports fan...had a Crosby jersey on the night I was introduced to her.

We started talking about Ben. Well, she started and I responded really. Anyway, she told me she thinks he's guilty...because she has a friend who saw him out once and wanted a photo taken with him but Ben refused "and was a jerk about it". So "he's a jerk and there's no doubt in my mind that he did it" is what she said.

That's when the conversation ended...there was no point in continuing to talk to someone like that.