Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had the opportunity right now...

Backup

User Info Menu

Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

Ed Bouchete on 1250 ESPN: "Word is that another incident involving Ben in a Las Vegas nightclub has come out. That a Boston attorney was retained by a young lady in regards to an incident with Ben that sounds eerily similar to the case in Georgia. And as the case with in GA, no charges were filed in this Las Vegas incident."

"Steelers are mulling over all their possibilities. Including going with Dennis Dixon. I am not saying that is going to happen, probably nothing will happen. But the Steelers are going over all their options."

"If they were to trade him now, I believe the Rams would give up their 1st for this year, (no. 1 overall) and also next year."

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Ed Bouchete on 1250 ESPN: "Word is that another incident involving Ben in a Las Vegas nightclub has come out. That a Boston attorney was retained by a young lady in regards to an incident with Ben that sounds eerily similar to the case in Georgia. And as the case with in GA, no charges were filed in this Las Vegas incident."

"Steelers are mulling over all their possibilities. Including going with Dennis Dixon. I am not saying that is going to happen, probably nothing will happen. But the Steelers are going over all their options."

"If they were to trade him now, I believe the Rams would give up their 1st for this year, (no. 1 overall) and also next year."
    If they find it's true they need to pull the trigger before it hits the media or his value will be a third round pick in the 2015 draft.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you had the opportunity right now...

Just trying to get a pulse of this place about the Ben situation...so a little thought experiment.

If you were sitting in the Steelers FO and you had the opportunity right now to trade Ben to the Ram's for two first round picks (2010 and 2011) would you do it? For the purpose of this question, the decision is yours and yours alone. Assume that the offer is only valid for the next 30 minutes and after that it is gone forever.

============

Personally, I would come down on the side of keeping him. But it would be very close decision.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: If you had the opportunity right now...

I think after the emotion of this passes, most of us will be happy if the Steelers organization stands behind Ben and we keep him in Pittsburgh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Just trying to get a pulse of this place about the Ben situation...so a little thought experiment.

If you were sitting in the Steelers FO and you had the opportunity right now to trade Ben to the Ram's for two first round picks (2010 and 2011) would you do it? For the purpose of this question, the decision is yours and yours alone. Assume that the offer is only valid for the next 30 minutes and after that it is gone forever.

============

Personally, I would come down on the side of keeping him. But it would be very close decision.
    I wouldn't do it. Maybe if he had been charged with a crime, I would, but franchise QBs don't just grown on trees. It's a business, the Rooney's know what Ben gives them and what happens if they don't have him. Prediction. Goodell doesn't suspend Ben and the Rooney's don't trade him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have been defending Ben for the past couple of weeks as most of you know, but if these new allegations (Las Vegas), as reported by Post-Gazette beat writer, Bobn Smizkk, are true and the Rooney's have this information, I say forget the Rams. Contact the 49ers who are starving for a QB and take their two first round picks (13th and 17th), then draft Tim Teebow in round two.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

If we're gonna trade him, he's gotta be worth at least 3 #1s.

If we did have to trade him, we could get Suh and trade up for Berry and load up the defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now that I have calmed down a bit, I think that nothing will happen as far as a trade goes. I don't know how the team can suspend Ben without it being a punishment to the rest of the team though. That isn't fair to them. If the NFL suspends him, then that is a different story.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    If we're gonna trade him, he's gotta be worth at least 3 #1s.

If we did have to trade him, we could get Suh and trade up for Berry and load up the defense.
    Three #1's? Come on now, this is Ricky Williams and the Rams aren't run by Mike Ditka...

Legend

User Info Menu

One #3, Three #1's. Po-Tay-To, Po-Tah-To.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.