Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you had the opportunity right now...

Pro Bowler

Re: If you had the opportunity right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    No...I wouldn't trade him.
    Even if this third incident is true?? And if you still say "NO"...how many more would it take for you?? Just curious.
    I can't speak for Shawn but I think most of us would want him gone if any of these three incidents was proven to be true. That's why I put the thirty minute window in there.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Even if this third incident is true?? And if you still say "NO"...how many more would it take for you?? Just curious.
    Huh? How are we supposed to know if this is true. So, if I say Ben raped me right now...does that make it a 4th? Dayum Ben is piling them up.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Huh? How are we supposed to know if this is true. So, if I say Ben raped me right now...does that make it a 4th? Dayum Ben is piling them up.
    Ben raped Shawn!

BEN RAPED SHAWN!!!

Someone call ESPN (or at least Florio and TMZ)

Hall of Famer

I'd trade him if we got a great return like 2 #1s from the Rams. I've never liked Ben personally, and now I will have trouble pulling for him. He has immense talent, but he is a horse's a$$.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I'd trade him if we got a great return like 2 #1s from the Rams. I've never liked Ben personally, and now I will have trouble pulling for him. He has immense talent, but he is a horse's a$$.
    Having to use the "$$" instead of esses is absolutely ironic (maybe) in this instance, if not ironic, it's certainly something I just can't think of the word right now. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

No.....

But I would hire a babysitter type like the Cowboys did with Pacman and hope it works out better than that did.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    No.....

But I would hire a babysitter type like the Cowboys did with Pacman and hope it works out better than that did.
    Dangit! If Ben had a better 40 time we could trade him to the Raiders for Asomugha, their first rounder, Jamarcus' buffet credentials and maybe Michael Bush.

Pro Bowler

Shawn is right...if this was true, why didn't it come out before when it would've been much more relevant? This looks more like piling on at this point with the media driving a "public conviction" in lieu of the GA DA not charging him. If there there isn't enough evidence to charge him, then don't create a situation where you essential convict him. The DA needed to say what was the driving factor in not bringing charges - she was so drunk from a night of drinking that she couldn't remember details, her story kept changing & there wasn't enough medical evidence to support her allegations.

It seems that a lynch mob mentality is developing here...he's not been charged with anything at any time, so let's let Goodell do what he wants & let Ben figure what he needs to do to get his act together.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

You think Art Rooney II or Roger Goodell care whether it is true or not???
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

[quote=Steel Life]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":2q5rrz5r
    Shawn is right...if this was true, why didn't it come out before when it would've been much more relevant? This looks more like piling on at this point with the media driving a "public conviction" in lieu of the GA DA not charging him. If there there isn't enough evidence to charge him, then don't create a situation where you essential convict him. The DA needed to say what was the driving factor in not bringing charges - she was so drunk from a night of drinking that she couldn't remember details, her story kept changing & there wasn't enough medical evidence to support her allegations.

It seems that a lynch mob mentality is developing here...he's not been charged with anything at any time, so let's let Goodell do what he wants & let Ben figure what he needs to do to get his act together.[/quote:2q5rrz5r]

Yeah, what I find odd is the lawyer waited until after the press conference. I mean very little information came out that we didn't already know. So, what new information came out that made the lawyer want to come foward? I think it's funny the lawyer would come out the day after so he wouldnt have to answer questions from the Georgia DA about these allegations.