Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: If you had the opportunity right now...

  1. #1

    Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    Ed Bouchete on 1250 ESPN: "Word is that another incident involving Ben in a Las Vegas nightclub has come out. That a Boston attorney was retained by a young lady in regards to an incident with Ben that sounds eerily similar to the case in Georgia. And as the case with in GA, no charges were filed in this Las Vegas incident."

    "Steelers are mulling over all their possibilities. Including going with Dennis Dixon. I am not saying that is going to happen, probably nothing will happen. But the Steelers are going over all their options."

    "If they were to trade him now, I believe the Rams would give up their 1st for this year, (no. 1 overall) and also next year."

  2. #2
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,965

    Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Ed Bouchete on 1250 ESPN: "Word is that another incident involving Ben in a Las Vegas nightclub has come out. That a Boston attorney was retained by a young lady in regards to an incident with Ben that sounds eerily similar to the case in Georgia. And as the case with in GA, no charges were filed in this Las Vegas incident."

    "Steelers are mulling over all their possibilities. Including going with Dennis Dixon. I am not saying that is going to happen, probably nothing will happen. But the Steelers are going over all their options."

    "If they were to trade him now, I believe the Rams would give up their 1st for this year, (no. 1 overall) and also next year."
    If they find it's true they need to pull the trigger before it hits the media or his value will be a third round pick in the 2015 draft.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,002

    If you had the opportunity right now...

    Just trying to get a pulse of this place about the Ben situation...so a little thought experiment.

    If you were sitting in the Steelers FO and you had the opportunity right now to trade Ben to the Ram's for two first round picks (2010 and 2011) would you do it? For the purpose of this question, the decision is yours and yours alone. Assume that the offer is only valid for the next 30 minutes and after that it is gone forever.

    ============

    Personally, I would come down on the side of keeping him. But it would be very close decision.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: If you had the opportunity right now...

    I think after the emotion of this passes, most of us will be happy if the Steelers organization stands behind Ben and we keep him in Pittsburgh.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: If you had the opportunity right now...

    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Just trying to get a pulse of this place about the Ben situation...so a little thought experiment.

    If you were sitting in the Steelers FO and you had the opportunity right now to trade Ben to the Ram's for two first round picks (2010 and 2011) would you do it? For the purpose of this question, the decision is yours and yours alone. Assume that the offer is only valid for the next 30 minutes and after that it is gone forever.

    ============

    Personally, I would come down on the side of keeping him. But it would be very close decision.
    I wouldn't do it. Maybe if he had been charged with a crime, I would, but franchise QBs don't just grown on trees. It's a business, the Rooney's know what Ben gives them and what happens if they don't have him. Prediction. Goodell doesn't suspend Ben and the Rooney's don't trade him.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Re: If you had the opportunity right now...

    I have been defending Ben for the past couple of weeks as most of you know, but if these new allegations (Las Vegas), as reported by Post-Gazette beat writer, Bobn Smizkk, are true and the Rooney's have this information, I say forget the Rams. Contact the 49ers who are starving for a QB and take their two first round picks (13th and 17th), then draft Tim Teebow in round two.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369

    Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    If we're gonna trade him, he's gotta be worth at least 3 #1s.

    If we did have to trade him, we could get Suh and trade up for Berry and load up the defense.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    Now that I have calmed down a bit, I think that nothing will happen as far as a trade goes. I don't know how the team can suspend Ben without it being a punishment to the rest of the team though. That isn't fair to them. If the NFL suspends him, then that is a different story.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    If we're gonna trade him, he's gotta be worth at least 3 #1s.

    If we did have to trade him, we could get Suh and trade up for Berry and load up the defense.
    Three #1's? Come on now, this is Ricky Williams and the Rams aren't run by Mike Ditka...

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,256

    Re: Trade Ben For 2 First Rounders Including 2010 #1 overall?

    One #3, Three #1's. Po-Tay-To, Po-Tah-To.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •