Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I was wrong...

Hall of Famer

Re: I was wrong...

yeah shawn i gotta give you some props too. i didnt mean to give you any crap the other day or anything. i definetly understand where your coming from. at first i was pretty angry he was dealt to a good team in the afc and it was only a 5th but in reality a 5th is much better than nothing. the reality is holmes has very little trade value. i bet there were plenty of teams that were not interested in holmes considering his rap sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think it's similar to progressing through the steps of grief. Denial and anger...now acceptance. When I heard Holmes was traded I seen images of him catching the winning TD in the SB...playing like a machine for the Buckeyes and becoming the WR that most of us knew he would become. He is a weapon...make no mistake. He is not just "piece of carbon" easily replaced. We will miss his presence on the field. I don't like anything that weakens our team. And this team we currently have is weaker from a talent standpoint than last season.

With that said, I heard the Rooneys were about to cut Holmes. They had enough. They were done dealing with the antics. If that's the case then a 5th was just icing on a real bad situation. I understand that the Rooneys have spent years building their rep and they had to take a stand. I also understand Holmes forced their hand. So, overall I believe it today to be a move in the right direction. I still think Ben and Reed need suspended...shoot Reed probably should have been cut. But, today I feel better about the situation. I doubt I will ever agree with sending him to a conference power but it is what it is. At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.
    Personally I think this is a cry for help. A need for acceptance. Most of the posters here were against how you felt about this situation and after a day or two you found yourself on the outside. A place that isnt comfy for you. Not warm and fuzzy. You need the comfort of others. And I understand this. But truth be told....say it like it is Shawn.

You should just go into psychiatry because you are obviously gifted in the field. Everyone knows how I hate going against the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    yeah shawn i gotta give you some props too. i didnt mean to give you any crap the other day or anything. i definetly understand where your coming from. at first i was pretty angry he was dealt to a good team in the afc and it was only a 5th but in reality a 5th is much better than nothing. the reality is holmes has very little trade value. i bet there were plenty of teams that were not interested in holmes considering his rap sheet
    No harm no foul brother. I think this has just been a very emotional offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I would punish one of my kids for showing a lack of judgement. I can't imagine Rooney thinking of it any other way.
    You are comparing a grown man with a college degree to one of your kids? I punish mine for not cleaning their rooms, that doesn't mean that Hines Ward should be suspended if he doesn't keep his locker tidy.
    I don't have kids. but if I did, I would punish them for a lack of judgement. and I'm not even paying my kids 100 million dollars to be my kid. but similar to a grounding, a couple week suspension is in order.
    Again, you are comparing a grown man to a child. I don't know if anyone ever told you, but sometimes kids grow up and down follow the judgment that there parents think is right.

Oh where or where does the nannying end?

Hall of Famer

how about it ends when he stops making bad judgment calls?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu