Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: I was wrong...

  1. #11

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    It was the right move. I think they could have attached a conditional draft pick for next year to the deal without much trouble. But, it was the right move.
    Agreed. Hopefully, they do have a wink wink trade thing going on for draft day.

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.
    Was that really necessary?
    Well, since the Bengals won the AFC North last season, we are doing what we need to do to not become the Bengals.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.

  4. #14

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.
    It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.

  5. #15
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,060

    Re: I was wrong...

    [quote=Dee Dub]I was wrong too.

    [quote="Dee Dub":18b37nu5]

    Cha-ching! Nail on the head. But ANP...this is Shawn. Give him two weeks and he'll be back on the band wagon. [/quote]

    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15[/url]

    I thought two weeks yet it only took 2 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

    Personally Shawn I think you are the one who is being emotional here. And I am willing to bet that after all this subsides a bit...you will come to your senses and see that this was the right thing to do. And it aint nearly as bad as you think it is.

    I think this is going to be an addition by subtraction for the Steelers.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30[/quote:18b37nu5]




    OMG, Dee Dub and Shawn both admitting they could be wrong in the same thread!!

    this may never happen again in our lifetimes!

    Mods, any way we can sticky this thread and save it as proof?

  6. #16
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: I was wrong...

    Hey Shawn, since I was giving you shyt about your prior stance, it's only fair for me to give you some props for putting your hand in the air on this.




  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.
    It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.
    See, that's where you and I part ways. IMO, Ben did no "wrong" that anyone can show. You might not like that he was partying in a "college bar" or whatever, but that's not wrong. The only basis for thinking he did anything wrong was the word of a drunk sorority chick who couldn't get her story straight and won't stand by it. For the Steelers to pile on now would show a lack of character and class that is incosistent with the ethics of loyalty and the premise that a man is not guilty until that is proven- which it wasn't in this case.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,764

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.
    It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.
    See, that's where you and I part ways. IMO, Ben did no "wrong" that anyone can show. You might not like that he was partying in a "college bar" or whatever, but that's not wrong. The only basis for thinking he did anything wrong was the word of a drunk sorority chick who couldn't get her story straight and won't stand by it. For the Steelers to pile on now would show a lack of character and class that is incosistent with the ethics of loyalty and the premise that a man is not guilty until that is proven- which it wasn't in this case.
    what he did wrong is show a lack of judgement. I would judge every player hte same way. Like pac man jones.. why would you go into a strip club (as jones did) or a night club (like ben did) when you have a case against you?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: I was wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.
    It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.
    See, that's where you and I part ways. IMO, Ben did no "wrong" that anyone can show. You might not like that he was partying in a "college bar" or whatever, but that's not wrong. The only basis for thinking he did anything wrong was the word of a drunk sorority chick who couldn't get her story straight and won't stand by it. For the Steelers to pile on now would show a lack of character and class that is incosistent with the ethics of loyalty and the premise that a man is not guilty until that is proven- which it wasn't in this case.
    what he did wrong is show a lack of judgement. I would judge every player hte same way. Like pac man jones.. why would you go into a strip club (as jones did) or a night club (like ben did) when you have a case against you?
    Even if we concede the whole "lack of judgment" thing, I still don't see that as a "wrong." Especially wrong where you would actually punish a guy for it. IMO, Ben is the one who has been abused here. Some girl just made an accusation against him that has probably diminished, if not ruined his reputation even though she couldn't get her story straight and wouldn't stand by it.

    The fact that the Steeler Nation or a large portion of it isn't standing by Ben at this time makes me a little sick.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,764

    Re: I was wrong...

    I would punish one of my kids for showing a lack of judgement. I can't imagine Rooney thinking of it any other way.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •