Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong...

I was wrong...

I think it's similar to progressing through the steps of grief. Denial and anger...now acceptance. When I heard Holmes was traded I seen images of him catching the winning TD in the SB...playing like a machine for the Buckeyes and becoming the WR that most of us knew he would become. He is a weapon...make no mistake. He is not just "piece of carbon" easily replaced. We will miss his presence on the field. I don't like anything that weakens our team. And this team we currently have is weaker from a talent standpoint than last season.

With that said, I heard the Rooneys were about to cut Holmes. They had enough. They were done dealing with the antics. If that's the case then a 5th was just icing on a real bad situation. I understand that the Rooneys have spent years building their rep and they had to take a stand. I also understand Holmes forced their hand. So, overall I believe it today to be a move in the right direction. I still think Ben and Reed need suspended...shoot Reed probably should have been cut. But, today I feel better about the situation. I doubt I will ever agree with sending him to a conference power but it is what it is. At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.

Legend

Re: I was wrong...

In a haughty and asanine manner that only I can pull off I have to ask, "When did he!! freeze over???" Did I miss the news
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.
    Was that really necessary?

Hall of Famer

I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
    I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    In a haughty and asanine manner that only I can pull off I have to ask, "When did he!! freeze over???" Did I miss the news
    You are not the only one here who can pull off haughty and asinine. You are merely the best at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.
    You are like an Irish consiglieri in the mafia "Family" meeting room. Sometimes we just forget our manners and tell Irish jokes when you're around! But you are like a brother to us!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Sibling rivalry, Jom, sibling rivalry.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Necessary...no

Fun...always.

Hall of Famer

It was the right move. I think they could have attached a conditional draft pick for next year to the deal without much trouble. But, it was the right move.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

I was wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Cha-ching! Nail on the head. But ANP...this is Shawn. Give him two weeks and he'll be back on the band wagon.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

I thought two weeks yet it only took 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Personally Shawn I think you are the one who is being emotional here. And I am willing to bet that after all this subsides a bit...you will come to your senses and see that this was the right thing to do. And it aint nearly as bad as you think it is.

I think this is going to be an addition by subtraction for the Steelers.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma