Thread: Ahh Santonio..the horse has bolted..

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahh Santonio..the horse has bolted..

Somehow, Chadman thinks this defense comes a little late..

Holmes claims his Twitter account was hacked
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 12, 2010 10:05 PM ET
    We reconfigured various Monday afternoon radio spots in the hopes of being able to participate in the conference call conducted on Monday regarding the Jets' trade for receiver Santonio Holmes.

The call was supposed to start at 4:00 p.m. It didn't. When 4:20 p.m. ET rolled around, I needed to wake and bake. (I hope I'm finally using that term correctly.)

Eventually, the call occurred. During the discussion, Holmes was asked about a Twitter exchange from the day after news broke of a lawsuit filed against Holmes based on allegations that he threw a drink in a woman's face.

Holmes told a Twitter user that he "shud try finding the worst thing that you could drink n kill urself.

"It wasn't me," Holmes said, per Manish Mehta of the Newark Star-Ledger. "I never tried to defend myself on that topic among anyone on Twitter or among anyone that tried to ask me for interviews. . . . I would definitely be accountable for my actions if I did say it."

So why wouldn't he have defended himself? All he'd need to do is delete the tweet and post a new one explaining that his account had been accessed by something not authorized to use it.

Besides, Holmes has a "Verified Account." In other words, the stuff he says on it are regarded as his words. If he failed to secure his user name or password and someone else made that statement, Holmes is still responsible. At a minimum, he needs to offer an explanation more detailed than "it wasn't me."

At some point, Holmes has deleted the tweet. However, he has yet to remove the one in which he declares an intention to "wake n bake," or where he reminds the fans that "u don't cut my check."

But at least this story has a somewhat happy ending. On March 30, he pointed out that he loves the Jets.

Then again, maybe it wasn't him.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ahh Santonio..the horse has bolted..

there is no advantage in this life to using anything named twitter, myspace, facebook etc.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    there is no advantage in this life to using anything named twitter, myspace, facebook etc.
    Thats the second best post on this board today. You sir are sooo right!

Legend

User Info Menu

x2.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So, now, can the Steelers claim their signature was forged on the trade agreement, get Holmes back, all is forgiven, and all feathers unruffled? :P

Legend

User Info Menu

Ex-Steeler Holmes. Don't care about him or what he says. Bye!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

False. As a college kid I deleted my facebook account a couple times.

There were always two weeks that brought me back to it. The week after halloween and the week after spring break.

It's hard to defend the pictures put up during those weeks as not being an advantage.