Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Like Bradshaw made great decisions while here...wasn't he the guy who dissed the city & stayed away for so many years - even skipping the Chief's funeral because of his attitude? How many failed marriages & a strained relationship with his daughters & he's giving advice?....
    Who better to give the advise than someone who has lived the mistakes he has.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's not apples to oranges when you compare Bradshaw and Big Ben. Bradshaw was treated poorly by the fans and coach and it did affect him and that was his persoanl problem that had taken a long time to resolve or get over. Bradshaw was a young guy and I doubt I could have taken the pressure and insults that Bradshaw was taking at a young age. At any age it would be tough to get that kind of treatment.

Terry couldn't help in my opinion that he didn't or couldn't come of age fast enough for the coach, team and fans.

Ben on the other hand has it all with fast success, big money, people falling over him. Bens problems are problems he could control or at least learn quickly on what is expected of him in the proffesional spotlight and in private life. Ben brought this all on to himself and to the team, fans and city.

How many other stories have you heard on a constant level of other Steeler players acting as poorly as Ben ?

Terry does have room to talk especially it seemd to me that Terry tried giving Ben good advice from his own wisdom and experiences of being in the spotlight.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bradshaw comes off like the cranky Grandpa & his own issues aren't that far behind - all I'm saying is that people that live in glass houses....

Another thing, people have got to drop the motorcycle thing...IT'S OVER, THE ACCIDENT WASN'T HIS FAULT - piling this into the current situation is apples & oranges.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not about fault with the bike accident or even the false rape charge... It's about risk management. Ben seems to take risk that he doesn't need to and it puts him in sh!tty water.

Bradshaw is like your Dad or Uncle who ran the streets and experienced the temptations and tried to warn you... it's one thing for a poster or ESPN blowhard to speak on Ben but Terry has done it and has first hand experience. It's always wise to listen to the guys who have been there before you.Tthe best mentors for kids in gangs are former gang members who know the game and have been down that dark road before.

I wonder if Elway mentored Ben if he would wise up since he looked up to him as a kid?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Doesn't it seem that Ben could put his troubles behind him and we'd never hear another word if he simply lived his life asking 5 simple words.

What would Heath Miller do?
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ha ! Funny and true. At least I think it would be true because Miller sure seems to me like the good natured, honorable farm boy that wouldn't go across the grain of society, values and church if you drug him with a John Deere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey didn't read the entire thread, so if this has been mentioned sorry.
    I was talking to a neighboor down here in tampa (steeler fan of course) and he made a great point. If Ben was resurrect his image, the first place to start is with Terry. Terry is beloved in Pittsburgh and if Ben reaches out to him, I think alot of people in the area would start to change their opinions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I was talking to a neighboor down here in tampa (steeler fan of course) and he made a great point. If Ben was resurrect his image, the first place to start is with Terry. Terry is beloved in Pittsburgh and if Ben reaches out to him, I think alot of people in the area would start to change their opinions.
    True... but it would mean Ben would have to humble himself and I don't think he is that type of guy.

It would be the perfect start... Bradshaw would love it too.. I think part of the reason he is so mad at Ben is because he won't listen or reach out to him .
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    True... but it would mean Ben would have to humble himself and I don't think he is that type of guy.

It would be the perfect start... Bradshaw would love it too.. I think part of the reason he is so mad at Ben is because he won't listen or reach out to him .
    I don't know, I think Ben will reach out to Terry. do I think it'll happen soon.. I'm not too sure about that, but I do think it will eventually.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it is so important "in the court of public opinion" (at least regarding Steeler Nation) for Terry Bradshaw to eventually come out as a Ben supporter that it will appear in some kind of "take it or leave it" F.O.-imposed agreement with Ben that he woo Terry and become his best buddy.

Ben can't have his image resurrected in the general public's eyes as long as he is still dog doo in Steeler Nation's.

I think that's a necessary step, but unfortunately not sufficient alone to get the job done. I think for that to occur, Ben's side needs to come out, and what he says has to be reasonably accepted as tolerable, at least coming from someone who now is perceived as seeing the light and changing his spots. We all grow up and out of that stage of life eventually, there's no reason Ben can't (with some "counseling" help, maybe?).

The question is: 1) Will Ben's side ever come out, either from his lawyer, or in relationship to the others in his party (it seems that investigations are slowly starting there, with the off-duty cops being looked at closely now), and 2) If/when it does come out, will the details be tolerable?

IMO, a 28-year old multimillionaire cruising college bars and picking up drunk chicks is bad, but not so bad that it can't be "forgiven" if sincere repentance and good works are noted. This is regardless of whatever "happened" that night in GA. On the other hand, "rape" needs to be punished.

BTW - I'm in a weekend band - we had been thinking of learning the song "Devil Goes Down to Georgia" - I put the kibosh on it. I already tweak a few down here by wearing my Steeler shirts when I play - I don't want to deal with what I'd surely hear if we played that!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!