Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The words that Bradshaw said are right on. The source however should be from Ben's own father, mother and college age sister. They should clearly let him know they are tired of reading about his crap and quit embarassing them. Ben needs some tough love from someone.
    I believe that people gave Ben advice. Ultimately, the necessary changes of behavior will be up to Ben. I hope that he can move on and become a better person.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Bradshaw's fued with the Steelers was laid to rest. He is back in the hearts of the Steelers organization and most of the fans. He reached out to Ben several times and Ben just ignored his advice. The trouble Ben has been getting into just shows his immaturity and his arrogance. That being said, Bradshaw was there too at one time. You could say the same for him about his attitude...Not the legal trouble. However, being there and learning the hard way tends to generate some good advice for someone who wants to listen. Ben didn't. I love Ben but I feel equally for Bradshaw. I don't fault Bradshaw for reaching out to Ben...But I fault Ben for not listening. Bradshaw isn't the only one trying to help Ben...His immaturity & arrogance is making him deaf to people just trying to help. So when Ben is done committing career suicide...He can't say nobody didn't warn him.

Ben has been walking down a road leading out of town for a while now. He just got to the part where the street lights end and the road is dark ahead of him. There are people shouting from behind for him to turn around. Right now, he is just standing there looking forward & back trying to make a decision. It isn't courage, pride, and strength needed to continue to walk down that road into the dark...That's what you need to turn around!

That's JUST-PLAIN-TRUE.
    I agree

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    "If you're single and walking into a bar with beautiful women and have them just fill your ego up -- and you ask yourself, would they pay any attention to you if you weren't who you are? Of course not. I'm not that attractive, and neither is Ben. So it's nice that you can do that."
    This is great. Way to get to the point!

I agree 100 %

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The words that Bradshaw said are right on. The source however should be from Ben's own father, mother and college age sister. They should clearly let him know they are tired of reading about his crap and quit embarassing them. Ben needs some tough love from someone.
    I believe that people gave Ben advice. Ultimately, the necessary changes of behavior will be up to Ben. I hope that he can move on and become a better person.
    I feel sorry for his 21 year old sister who you know hears about this crap.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben = running around the country at nightclubs and high profile events trying to get chicks

Bradshaw = running around Bradford Woods with Burt Reynolds drinking and carrying on

neither was a saint, and both had their fun. Bradshaw had authorities in Bradford Woods check up on him plenty of times, but at least Bradshaw had fun while keeping out of the national headlines

Starter

User Info Menu

On a life cycle continuum Bradshaw has exhibited progression and maturation. Roethlisberger is still young, but the time to start displaying at least a modicum of forethought is now; otherwise he may join Homes on the precipice of obscurity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have a feeling when Ben does retire or leave the Steelers, he isn't going to be the warm and fuzzy person that will hold Pittsburgh dear to his heart. You guys thought Bradshaw was dissing the team, fans, city wait, for Bens words someday. I have a feeling after all this Ben is going to place his blame here.

Ben and the Steelers are not out of the woods yet. I wonder if all this has placed his other lawsuit into a different , more aggressive or more negative light for his outcome ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Terry and Ben are alot alike.
    Terry is older and seems content with his accomplishments and though still bitter about his life as an NFL QB, he seems comfortable with Ben breaking his records. For one they are not comparable due to eras.

But Terry had as many problems as Terry and though his advice is sound, he didn't live graciously either. Its a bit hypocritical of Terry to take shots at Ben now that Terry has finally matured in his 50s.
    Terry had all sorts of problems and malfunctions. He was embattled with fans and threw us under the bus. But we still love Terry.

Ben has done some self-infliction. But he has the ability to get through this with some time. If he does tone it down a bit. He can easily escape these problems with money to the gold diggers. I say fight through it and then have a bad reputation for a couple years. Then he'll be able to get back on top.

Analyzing the top QBs in the league.
    -Brady seems like a douche.
    -Manning seems like he lives in a different world and probably because he grew up with a silver football in his hand.
    -Brees is a dick. Don't be fooled by his grace in NO. He has PLENTY of enemies in Texas where he grew up. In fact he and his Mom have a bad relationship.

Of all the top 10 remaining QBs, I'd say McNabb is the cleanest:
    "Donovan McNabb married his Syracuse sweetheart, Raquel Nurse, a former basketball player for the Orangewomen." They have four children
    Or
    Maybe Brett oddly. Dude plays football and mows his yard. Can't get much trouble there.
    Maybe Ben needs a tractor.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    PS - I'm not the least bit surprised that the folks who are the most critical of Ben on the field are all over him off it as well. And I'm not referring to Bradshaw with that statement either.
    Happily not one of them...

I'm one that can at times be overly forgiving and give Ben the benefit of the doubt when he makes mistakes on the field because of all the good things he does.

But on this topic, I'll admit I'm a bit more conservative and fall on the critical side. He very well might not have done anything "criminal", but as I've said before, that is not the end-all be-all for personal accountability. I think he is guilty of "conduct unbecoming" and would like to see the Rooney's take some action. The way I look at it, he is becoming the type of person I would not want to be associated with. As a business and privately run organization, they have the right to discipline or cut ties with someone if they feel the same way. Part of the reason I'm such a Steelers fan is because I think they do it right, or at least better than most professional franchises. They not only win, but try to maintain a certain amount of moral character and integrity in the process. I would like to see the Rooney's continue in that tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Ben has been walking down a road leading out of town for a while now. He just got to the part where the street lights end and the road is dark ahead of him. There are people shouting from behind for him to turn around. Right now, he is just standing there looking forward & back trying to make a decision. It isn't courage, pride, and strength needed to continue to walk down that road into the dark...That's what you need to turn around!
    Well said. Things have come to a head.

I'll be interested to see if the Rooney's hedge their bets and start to position themselves with this draft and through next off-season to replace Ben if he doesn't turn it around.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's Terry's experience that make his statements even more viable. What he did as a youth has no bearing on how he believes Ben should behave. His words ring true and Ben would do well to heed them along with Bill Cowher's and maybe revisiting some of the lessons his deceased football coach taught him would help put things in perspective.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount