Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Legend

Re: Bradshaw Rips Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    LOL, imagine what Terry would have been accused of in the day of Twitter and Texts.
    I read a story once that stated Bradshaw was accused of doing things he never did and it got so bad that he just stopped doing anything altogether because the fans were crucifying him based on accusations and rumors.

Meanwhile, a guy like Joe Namath carouses like a champ and it actually ADDED to his "legend" and status.

Key word in all of that...accusations. That word is important. Very important.

PS - I'm not the least bit surprised that the folks who are the most critical of Ben on the field are all over him off it as well. And I'm not referring to Bradshaw with that statement either.

Terry was dead on with his comments.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Pro Bowler

truth is truth. just because it comes from bradshaw doesn't change that fact. besides, how can you not agree with him calling ben ugly - especially after his hairstyle today? Let's hope our QB has finally learned a lesson. He may be a prick at heart but for the next ten years he needs to stay at home, win football games and collect his millions.

personally, i give that a 30% chance of success.....

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    truth is truth. just because it comes from bradshaw doesn't change that fact. besides, how can you not agree with him calling ben ugly - especially after his hairstyle today? Let's hope our QB has finally learned a lesson. He may be a prick at heart but for the next ten years he needs to stay at home, win football games and collect his millions.

personally, i give that a 30% chance of success.....
    I don't think of him as that, more like someone who can't accept life isn't the same as when he was 20 years old. I hope I'm right, that's easier to fix than the pri*k at heart thing!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Terry's opinion is more a result of a maturation process--growing older and seeing how things transpired in one's life such as relationships, one own's behavior (and its consequences) and what you learn and take away from those life lessons. This eventually leads to wisdom. It's akin to "learning from other's mistakes". Some are able to take this and internalize it better than others. For those who cannot, they must experience for themselves the consequences of their actions.

I do not dislike Ben as a person because I don't know him personally. I dislike the behavior that has been exposed as a result of his conscious choices. Hopefully, he will grow through this tumultuous time in his life and mature. IMHO

Pro Bowler

I saw the Bradshaw interview. Actually he came across very candid. His remark of "learning to dislike Ben" had the flavor of a guy who has given Ben every "opportunity" to be liked and it just ain't happening. He's just being honest about his feelings. What should he do, pretend to like Ben when he doesn't? I'd rather have the guy who is honest about his feelings than the one faking it and saying the politically correct thing.

He also gave Ben props for being a great athlete. It seemed to me he had high praise for Ben as a football player.

So, Terry has had some divorces. It doesn't mean he isn't a changed man or doesn't have some mellowness/maturity to him. And it doesn't mean his advice is wrong (like the advice about parking the bike). When you think about it, the "park the bike" advice actually says that Terry is rooting FOR Ben not against him. If you see a great QB who has potential to break all your records and supplant you as the greatest QB in team history and break your SB winning record and you're just jealous and immature, you would sooner see the guy hang himself than give him advice that increases his chances of doing that.

Pro Bowler

"If you're single and walking into a bar with beautiful women and have them just fill your ego up -- and you ask yourself, would they pay any attention to you if you weren't who you are? Of course not. I'm not that attractive, and neither is Ben. So it's nice that you can do that."
    This is great. Way to get to the point!

Hall of Famer

Bradshaw's fued with the Steelers was laid to rest. He is back in the hearts of the Steelers organization and most of the fans. He reached out to Ben several times and Ben just ignored his advice. The trouble Ben has been getting into just shows his immaturity and his arrogance. That being said, Bradshaw was there too at one time. You could say the same for him about his attitude...Not the legal trouble. However, being there and learning the hard way tends to generate some good advice for someone who wants to listen. Ben didn't. I love Ben but I feel equally for Bradshaw. I don't fault Bradshaw for reaching out to Ben...But I fault Ben for not listening. Bradshaw isn't the only one trying to help Ben...His immaturity & arrogance is making him deaf to people just trying to help. So when Ben is done committing career suicide...He can't say nobody didn't warn him.

Ben has been walking down a road leading out of town for a while now. He just got to the part where the street lights end and the road is dark ahead of him. There are people shouting from behind for him to turn around. Right now, he is just standing there looking forward & back trying to make a decision. It isn't courage, pride, and strength needed to continue to walk down that road into the dark...That's what you need to turn around!
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Legend

The words that Bradshaw said are right on. The source however should be from Ben's own father, mother and college age sister. They should clearly let him know they are tired of reading about his crap and quit embarassing them. Ben needs some tough love from someone.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Bradshaw's fued with the Steelers was laid to rest. He is back in the hearts of the Steelers organization and most of the fans. He reached out to Ben several times and Ben just ignored his advice. The trouble Ben has been getting into just shows his immaturity and his arrogance. That being said, Bradshaw was there too at one time. You could say the same for him about his attitude...Not the legal trouble. However, being there and learning the hard way tends to generate some good advice for someone who wants to listen. Ben didn't. I love Ben but I feel equally for Bradshaw. I don't fault Bradshaw for reaching out to Ben...But I fault Ben for not listening. Bradshaw isn't the only one trying to help Ben...His immaturity & arrogance is making him deaf to people just trying to help. So when Ben is done committing career suicide...He can't say nobody didn't warn him.

Ben has been walking down a road leading out of town for a while now. He just got to the part where the street lights end and the road is dark ahead of him. There are people shouting from behind for him to turn around. Right now, he is just standing there looking forward & back trying to make a decision. It isn't courage, pride, and strength needed to continue to walk down that road into the dark...That's what you need to turn around!

That's JUST-PLAIN-TRUE.