Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The other view - Could be a GREAT move getting rid of Stonio

Re: The other view - Could be a GREAT move getting rid of Stonio

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    c'mon

i like the guy too, but lets relax a bit here
    well he did have the best rookie season of any steeler wr i have ever seen. he has better speed than tone and most wr's in the nfl. just about every deep pass that was thrown to him last season was under thrown or not thrown soon enough.

Troy Edward had a pretty good rookie campaign too and we all know how that turned out...
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Agreed....and I personally think Mike Wallace turns out to be a better receiver than Santonio Holmes.
    whoa turns out to be better? i would say he is already better than holmes. if wallace got the throws holmes did last season he would of had better numbers. if tone had the few passes thrown to him a game he would of had awful stats
    Wow- have you guys been joining Holmes around a bowl or something? Wallace is OK and all. There is no reason to believe that he will be any more than competent as a #2 with better defenders covering him.
    he put up much better numbers than either ward or holmes their rookie seasons. for me that is reason enough to belive that wallace will be or is better than holmes. without holmes wallace will get double the throws which will equal double the production
    Um, the guy is being covered by the worst db's that could make the team. There is NO reason to believe that he will be able to be nearly as productive as a #2. In fact, part of the reason he may have put up the numbers he did was because of Holmes, the SB MVP from the prior year, who ended up with over 1200 yards. With no Holmes as a threat and an aging Ward, I won't be shocked if Wallace's production suffers.
    yeah its possible that he wont produce the same numbers even though he will get more passes thrown to him because he will be going up against better cb's. i think he will replace holmes without any problems and possibly put up better numbers than holmes. he is bigger, faster and has better hands than holmes. just my opinion. we will soon find out how he does against better cb's this season

Hall of Famer

My opinion that his numbers improve as Ben's #2 WR and he may overtake Hines by the end of the year. He is a quality player.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    My opinion that his numbers improve as Ben's #2 WR and he may overtake Hines by the end of the year. He is a quality player.
    I really hope you're right, but there is no reason to believe that. There's something to be said for optimism, but the reality is that we just lost our best receiver today.

Hall of Famer

I really hope you're right, but there is no reason to believe that. There's something to be said for optimism, but the reality is that we just lost our best receiver today.
    I predict Wallace will have better numbers than Holmes this year. One, Stonio is suspended for the first 4 games...and two, the Steelers passing game has more chemistry than the Jets and will put up better numbers overall.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

[quote=Discipline of Steel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":37y428dk
    I predict Wallace will have better numbers than Holmes this year. One, Stonio is suspended for the first 4 games...and two, the Steelers passing game has more chemistry than the Jets and will put up better numbers overall.[/quote:37y428dk]

Yeah, but Wallace won't have DB's paying attention to Santonio Holmes and leaving him open either.

I hope you're right. If you are, it might be only because Hines Ward is becoming more injury prone and Holmes will be stuck with Mark Sanchez throwing to him.

Hall of Famer

[quote=Sugar]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":2ucus2h3
    I predict Wallace will have better numbers than Holmes this year. One, Stonio is suspended for the first 4 games...and two, the Steelers passing game has more chemistry than the Jets and will put up better numbers overall.
    Yeah, but Wallace won't have DB's paying attention to Santonio Holmes and leaving him open either.

I hope you're right. If you are, it might be only because Hines Ward is becoming more injury prone and Holmes will be stuck with Mark Sanchez throwing to him.[/quote:2ucus2h3]

Thank you for making my point for me. The only factor you left out was his talent, are you saying the kid doesnt really have that much talent? Is this a position you take to add support to your position that the Holmes deal was bad for the Steelers?

i'm not even arguing whether or not we're better off with or without Sanstonio...

but seriously, the Titans could get a 4th round pick for Pacman Jones and all we could get is a stinkin' 5th rounder?

[quote=Discipline of Steel][quote=Sugar]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":1xls3rf2
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":1xls3rf2

I hope you're right. If you are, it might be only because Hines Ward is becoming more injury prone and Holmes will be stuck with Mark Sanchez throwing to him.[/quote:1xls3rf2]

Thank you for making my point for me. The only factor you left out was his talent, are you saying the kid doesnt really have that much talent? Is this a position you take to add support to your position that the Holmes deal was bad for the Steelers?[/quote:1xls3rf2]

He's got some talent, but he's not better than Santonio Holmes. Wallace may put up better numbers than Holmes this year, but I really doubt he puts up better numbrs than Holmes would have as a Steeler.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    i'm not even arguing whether or not we're better off with or without Sanstonio...

but seriously, the Titans could get a 4th round pick for Pacman Jones and all we could get is a stinkin' 5th rounder?

I think it's because:

1) The MOST he will play is 12 games next season (4 game suspension).
    2) Other teams feel like the Steelers seem to - odds aren't high he'll put down the bong long enough to avoid the next drug test - he may NEVER see an NFL team again.

In that sense, with other teams having figured this out like the Steelers did, we're pretty lucky to get a 5th round pick. It's been published that the Steelers have been shopping him for weeks, and got NO TAKES!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!