Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The other view - Could be a GREAT move getting rid of Stonio

The other view - Could be a GREAT move getting rid of Stonio

Nobody's got the Crystal Ball, not even the Rooney's, so it's all playing the odds.

Assuming the 4-game suspension rumors are true, that means we "lose him" for at most three quarters of a season.

But, what do you think the chances are that he'll fail another drug test before too much of the season is over?

If that's the case, he's gone for the whole year. At least. And I don't think chronic stoners give up the wacky weed even when their career is on the line. Look at Ricky Williams ...

At this point I agree with the F.O. - ANYTHING, even a 5th rounder, is more valuable than a player who can't see the field because of a drug suspension. I think it's telling that there are reports that the Steelers have been shopping him around for weeks and no one else wanted him.

If he stays clean - the Jets got a better deal. If he doesn't, we did. Will he stay clean - personally, I doubt it. I think the Jets are more likely to only get regrets from this move than Superbowls.

Just my , to counter balance all the talk about how stupid the Rooney's and the front office are!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Re: The other view - Could be a GREAT move getting rid of Stonio

Agreed....and I personally think Mike Wallace turns out to be a better receiver than Santonio Holmes.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Agreed....and I personally think Mike Wallace turns out to be a better receiver than Santonio Holmes.
    whoa turns out to be better? i would say he is already better than holmes. if wallace got the throws holmes did last season he would of had better numbers. if tone had the few passes thrown to him a game he would of had awful stats

Hall of Famer

i like wallace

hoepfully he does as good going up against the other team's #1 CB.

big difference then the 3rd/4th Cb's he faced last year

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i like wallace

hoepfully he does as good going up against the other team's #1 CB.

big difference then the 3rd/4th Cb's he faced last year
    if ben and wallace get better with timing on the deep routes there is no cb that can stay stride for stride with wallace.

Hall of Famer

c'mon

i like the guy too, but lets relax a bit here

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    c'mon

i like the guy too, but lets relax a bit here
    well he did have the best rookie season of any steeler wr i have ever seen. he has better speed than tone and most wr's in the nfl. just about every deep pass that was thrown to him last season was under thrown or not thrown soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    whoa turns out to be better? i would say he is already better than holmes. if wallace got the throws holmes did last season he would of had better numbers. if tone had the few passes thrown to him a game he would of had awful stats
    Wow- have you guys been joining Holmes around a bowl or something? Wallace is OK and all. There is no reason to believe that he will be any more than competent as a #2 with better defenders covering him.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Wow- have you guys been joining Holmes around a bowl or something? Wallace is OK and all. There is no reason to believe that he will be any more than competent as a #2 with better defenders covering him.
    he put up much better numbers than either ward or holmes their rookie seasons. for me that is reason enough to belive that wallace will be or is better than holmes. without holmes wallace will get double the throws which will equal double the production

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    he put up much better numbers than either ward or holmes their rookie seasons. for me that is reason enough to belive that wallace will be or is better than holmes. without holmes wallace will get double the throws which will equal double the production
    Um, the guy is being covered by the worst db's that could make the team. There is NO reason to believe that he will be able to be nearly as productive as a #2. In fact, part of the reason he may have put up the numbers he did was because of Holmes, the SB MVP from the prior year, who ended up with over 1200 yards. With no Holmes as a threat and an aging Ward, I won't be shocked if Wallace's production suffers.