Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Big Ben is not charged!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben is not charged!

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Some of you guys need to go watch the DA speak. It was not as bad as some of you make it sound. For crap sake he said there was not even enough evidance for an arrest.

He made it sound sound like two drunk people went to screw and it did not happen. Inturn telling ben quit hanging out trying to screw drunk chicks! GROW UP.

You guys like a ton others are making way more of this then it is, just like you did from the get go.
    There it is folks. This is exactly how he made it sound. It was two bad decisions by two drunk horny adults. He probably wanted to say, "take it to a hotel room for crying out loud and get your nut off."

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Some of you guys need to go watch the DA speak. It was not as bad as some of you make it sound. For crap sake he said there was not even enough evidance for an arrest.
    Actually, he did not say that.

EDIT: Unless he said that directly later in the press conference. What he did say at the beginning is that there is not enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the charges against Ben were true and therefore, he would not be arrested. But maybe he clarified that point later on.
    He did, basically, between the girl not wanting to push the issue any farther and the results from any testing he admitted that there wasn't enough evidence for probable cause or an arrest.

Papillon

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

EDIT: Unless he said that directly later in the press conference. What he did say at the beginning is that there is not enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the charges against Ben were true and therefore, he would not be arrested. But maybe he clarified that point later on.
    I hope someone finds the transcript of the DA. I could be wrong but yes it was while he was answering questions. Not his opening statement.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Ben portrayed himself in a bad light. It did not take the DA to point that out.
    Quote for truth. Ben didn't the DA's help at all he handled that all on his own.

Pappy
    oh I agree with you guys-

My point was

there is no need to have a press conference to discuss any of this.

He could have just said- No charges will be filed, and left it at that. Or he could have released a statement to the same.

But keep in mind-

that the DA clearly went out of his way to share the evidence with the public through the press conference.

He repeatedly called the girl the "victim".

I think that was the DA's method of delivering his own form of punishment- even if he was not able to prosecute the case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Ben is a jerk and deserve every ounce of public humiliation that he gets. He has the decision making ability of a college frat boy. Hopefully this makes him grow up. He has no business being anywhere like a college bar. He makes millions per year not minimum wage.
    This makes NO sense to me. What does the amount of money one makes have to do with where you should hang out? Call Ben a jerk if you want but there he hasn't been charged with so much as a misdemeanor.
    The DA even stated that if Ben were his son he would tell him to grow up, that you don't need to do this any longer and he's right. Ben doesn't need to hang out like a frat boy in a bar looking for a little tail.

Pappy
    My understanding was that he went out to celebrate his birthday with a number of friends. The DA can have his opinions, but they don't mean jack to me.
    We can portray the DA as a bad guy all we want here, the truth is that Ben should grow up and begin to present himself as the face of a 1 billion dollar business not some college frat boy looking for a little late night action. The DA is right; it may not cast a positive light on Ben, but the DA is absolutely right, IMO.

The more I hear the more it's very unsettling. I'm sure the DA believes that something untoward happened that night, but he has no way to prove any of it. The girl was led back to a dimly lit bathroom and Ben followed. That's a huge grow the "F" up right there.

Pappy
    I never said the DA was a bad guy. He may be a perfectly fine guy for all I know. All I said was that his opinion doesn't mean jack to me. What he can prove is all that matters to me as far as he's concerned.

IMO, people need to lighten up. They want to take the word of a drunk 20-year old who we don't know at all over our own QB. This is a man who has shown himself to be more than extemely charitible and exudes good character in other instances that we do know about- like NOT choosing to throw his underachieving line under the bus or whining about the D letting them down late in games.

This girl obviously drank too much and maybe Ben went back to hold her hair while she puked? Maybe one of the bodyguards did something? I don't know. None of us do. We do know that whatever happened wasn't enough to bring a real charge. That means it's time to get ready for the draft and training camp and the 2010 season.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=SS Laser]
    Quote Originally Posted by "SS Laser":1q0lxkg9

I hope someone finds the transcript of the DA. I could be wrong but yes it was while he was answering questions. Not his opening statement.[/quote:1q0lxkg9]

The transcript is here: [url]http://pit.scout.com/2/961691.html[/url] but unfortunately it does not have the Q&A portion included yet (but it does say "Will be updated with reporters' Q&A).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.