Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No remorse by Holmes

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No remorse by Holmes

This is why he's gone.
    He continued down the slippery slope thumbing his nose at the organization, the league and fighting with fans. He showed no remorse for his actions and has been combative, even taunting on his twitter account about waken and baken.
    Reed and Ben, equally ignorant, have shown remorse and embarrassment in their actions.

You can blame who you want and take shots at the Rooneys, but they really were left with no choice.
    He's also got no future value with a suspension this season and no chance of resigning. We got something for him now. Another suspension and he's gone a year. He may be close to that already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: No remorse by Holmes

Good riddance. A WR in the NFL can easily be replaced...especially when you have a franchise QB.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Good riddance. A WR in the NFL can easily be replaced...especially when you have a franchise QB.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

A WR the caliber of SH is not a dime a dozen talent in the NFL. You're an astute football guy and know that it isn't easy to replace a WR of the caliber SH was on the field. If that were the case every team would have one elite WR and that simply isn't the case.

I'd love to see Brandon Marshall make it the B and G somehow.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Get rid of him? Yes. But please not to a potential SB contender in your own conference. Let the "IF" of Santonio behavior management loom in the kingdom of Far Far Away. I think a bit of poker face and a show of "we think we can work with this guy to overcome these problems" would have netted more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

A WR the caliber of SH is not a dime a dozen talent in the NFL. You're an astute football guy and know that it isn't easy to replace a WR of the caliber SH was on the field. If that were the case every team would have one elite WR and that simply isn't the case.

Pappy
    Is that why we only got a 5th?

Fact is, receivers are overrated, and secondly Santonio aint elite among receivers.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

I'd love to see Brandon Marshall make it the B and G somehow.

Pappy
    Agreed, 1200 yard receivers are not available at the drop of a hat. If they were, every team would have one on their roster.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers were handcuffed on this one.
    He is missing a quarter of his last contract season. That is a big hurt. Not just for this season, but for the potential of missing a whole season if he steps out of line again. That and him twittering about smoking pot recently.
    I too thought we could get more. But when you put it all down on paper, he is a disaster to trade.
    Whoever gets him is immediately going to have to invest big money in him or risk losing him after this season. The Jets are intermediately in a quandary. For one, they haven't given Edwards his money yet. I expect a huge meltdown between those two soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

The jets coach certainly thinks he is elite. He's been quoted as saying that when he was coaching with the Ratbirds, Holmes was the BEST WR they faced all season.

I agree with aggie - he handcuffed the Steelers and his insanely stupid tweeting could not be ignored on top of everything else. But the Steelers are losing a talent. To act as if this isn't so is naive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    The Steelers were handcuffed on this one.
    He is missing a quarter of his last contract season. That is a big hurt. Not just for this season, but for the potential of missing a whole season if he steps out of line again. That and him twittering about smoking pot recently.
    I too thought we could get more. But when you put it all down on paper, he is a disaster to trade.
    Whoever gets him is immediately going to have to invest big money in him or risk losing him after this season. The Jets are intermediately in a quandary. For one, they haven't given Edwards his money yet. I expect a huge meltdown between those two soon.
    Fine. Then add a conditional pick to the equation.

We trade him for a 5th rounder this season and a conditional 4th rounder in 2012. IF he resigns with the team and performs, we get more.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.