Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is all you need to know about Santonio....

Re: This is all you need to know about Santonio....

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    This is exactly what every single player who gets traded or signs with a new team would say. Assigning this any meaning above typical boilerplate is moronic.
    Very true.
    I agree. Holmes has some growing up to do. There is a good chance that he gets into even more trouble in NY.
    There is a lot of trouble to get into there, that's for sure. It is, after all, the city that never sleeps.

Hall of Famer

All that we need to know about Santonio is that he is suspended for the first 4 games of the season. Santonio was sent packing with his tail between his legs.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by isonator07
    Im thrilled Santonio goes to the jets. He gets to catch passes from an average at best qb (so far) in a run oriented offense as a #2 WR. Have fun in Rex Lard Arses vanilla offense next year.

God I can only hope we play the Jets after week 4, and Tone stays clean enough to play. I want Clark to take his head off like he did McGahee in the title game couple years ago.
    Wow, OK, first- you don't think Holmes will be their #1? He's clearly the best receiver on that squad.

Rex Ryan watched Holmes shred his vaunted D in his last year with the Ravens. He'll know how to use him well.

We better pray that we get a decent CB and that Troy is healthy when we do play the Jets because Santonio is very familiar with torching the Steeler secondary in practice.

I don't see Santonio torching anything all season with Sanchez throwing the ball. And yes, I would say Braylon is their #1 WR. He had 16 TD's in one season. Santonio has 20 for his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Im thrilled Santonio goes to the jets. He gets to catch passes from an average at best qb (so far) in a run oriented offense as a #2 WR. Have fun in Rex Lard Arses vanilla offense next year.

God I can only hope we play the Jets after week 4, and Tone stays clean enough to play. I want Clark to take his head off like he did McGahee in the title game couple years ago.
    Wow, OK, first- you don't think Holmes will be their #1? He's clearly the best receiver on that squad.

Rex Ryan watched Holmes shred his vaunted D in his last year with the Ravens. He'll know how to use him well.

We better pray that we get a decent CB and that Troy is healthy when we do play the Jets because Santonio is very familiar with torching the Steeler secondary in practice.

I don't see Santonio torching anything all season with Sanchez throwing the ball. And yes, I would say Braylon is their #1 WR. He had 16 TD's in one season. Santonio has 20 for his entire career.
    Well, if you actually think that Braylon is better than Holmes I can't help you there. Let's also not underestimate Holmes' ability to run after the catch. That's really what killed the Ravens and I'm sure that Ryan hasn't forgotten.

A**Holmes
    Glad he's gone.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Holmes: Shocked at trade
    Monday, April 12, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Santonio Holmes said today he was "shocked" to learn the Steelers had traded him to the New York Jets but is "ready to move forward to start a new career."

Holmes, speaking with reporters on a conference call late this afternoon, said Kevin Colbert, the Steelers director of football operations, informed him of the trade about 9 p.m. Sunday.

"I was very shocked," Holmes said. "But it opened a lot of doors and gives me a new chance to start over."

The NFL announced today that Holmes would be suspended for the first four games of the season after violating the league's substance abuse policy.

"Right now, I'm accountable for what happened," Holmes said, adding that "I don't think I have to dig out of any holes. These guys have opened up their arms to me."

Holmes had no parting shots for the Steelers.

"I'm definately going to leave with great memories. I had a tremendous time, spending four years," Holmes said. "Those guys still trust and believe in me. It's just unfortunate we had to part ways. It worked out better for the both of us."
    New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum, on the same conference call, acknowledged the Jets were taking a risk by acquiring Holmes but noted it only cost his team a fifth-round draft choice.

"Santonio's situation, obviously there have been some bumps in the roads in the past," Tannenbaum said. "Hopefully he has learned from that. We understand there are risks, significant risks but at the end of the day we felt the price was reasonable and the risk reasonable."

For more on the Steelers, read the new blog, Ed Bouchette On the Steelers at http://www.post-gazette.com/plus. Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/10 ... z0kw2EedoK

Yeah, right Stonio (and Tannenbaum). Toke 'em if you got 'em.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL