Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Per Peter King on Ben....

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Per Peter King on Ben....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what occurred that night. Take off the Steeler blinders. If nothing at all happened why isn't the DA stating that everything the chick said is false, and we apologize to Ben? Because he, who has first hand knowledge of the incident, thinks Ben was in some way guilty. He stated as much in his presser, not only that, they said the chick was a Steeler fan, do you think she, if really a fan would want to send Ben to jail?
    Some of you guys kill me with your hero worship BS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what occurred that night. Take off the Steeler blinders. If nothing at all happened why isn't the DA stating that everything the chick said is false, and we apologize to Ben? Because he, who has first hand knowledge of the incident, thinks Ben was in some way guilty. He stated as much in his presser, not only that, they said the chick was a Steeler fan, do you think she, if really a fan would want to send Ben to jail?
    What he stated was that it all boiled down to "he said, she said" and there wasn't enough evidence to convict...and that no one knows exactly what took place.

Meaning whatever took place may have been consensual or maybe it wasn't...they don't know.

Some of you guys kill me with your hater BS.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":1qmjropp
    What he stated was that it all boiled down to "he said, she said" and there wasn't enough evidence to convict...and that no one knows exactly what took place.

Meaning whatever took place may have been consensual or maybe it wasn't...they don't know.

Some of you guys kill me with your hater BS.[/quote:1qmjropp]

I'm glad it turned out this way for The Team and everything will be business as usual when play resumes, but to say all he said it boil down to is he said/she said is a crock! Did he say that, yes, but that is not all he said. From the very beginning I could tell which way this guy was leaning and it wasn't a 50/50 toss up.

This prosecutor didn't hide the fact that he thought Ben was wrong in all of this and even publicly scolded him. I have heard local announcers state all day they do not want Ben as the Steelers QB anymore.

This prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to win the case, but he had enough to convict Ben in the public and now we are having to endure all the backlash........
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=SteelCrazy]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":267li4u9

I'm glad it turned out this way for The Team and everything will be business as usual when play resumes, but to say all he said it boil down to is he said/she said is a crock! Did he say that, yes, but that is not all he said. From the very beginning I could tell which way this guy was leaning and it wasn't a 50/50 toss up.

This prosecutor didn't hide the fact that he thought Ben was wrong in all of this and even publicly scolded him. I have heard local announcers state all day they do not want Ben as the Steelers QB anymore.

This prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to win the case, but he had enough to convict Ben in the public and now we are having to endure all the backlash........[/quote:267li4u9]

And just what exactly are you having to endure? Trash talk from fans of other teams?

Big whoop.

The DA stated he had some evidence but he couldn't prove where that evidence came from. This chick could have banged some dude before meeting up with Ben or after meeting up with him...which rendered that evidence useless.

He said, she said.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":1qr6xi90

Some of you guys kill me with your hater BS.[/quote:1qr6xi90]

I'm not a hater at all, but just because a guy is a Steeler I am not gonna give him a pass if I think he was wrong and there is a pattern of behavior. I am glad to see Santonio go, I was glad when we got rid of Plax and Bam. I'm not going to support a guy until he proves to me that he is straightened out. Hopefully Ben has straighten himself out.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=sd steel][quote="stlrz d":3iy2h2x8]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":3iy2h2x8

Some of you guys kill me with your hater BS.[/quote:3iy2h2x8]

I'm not a hater at all, but just because a guy is a Steeler I am not gonna give him a pass if I think he was wrong and there is a pattern of behavior. I am glad to see Santonio go, I was glad when we got rid of Plax and Bam. I'm not going to support a guy until he proves to me that he is straightened out. Hopefully Ben has straighten himself out.[/quote:3iy2h2x8]

But that's just it. You think. You weren't there so you don't know with 100% certainty.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote="sd steel":1a9ptjjg][quote="stlrz d":1a9ptjjg]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":1a9ptjjg

Some of you guys kill me with your hater BS.[/quote:1a9ptjjg]

I'm not a hater at all, but just because a guy is a Steeler I am not gonna give him a pass if I think he was wrong and there is a pattern of behavior. I am glad to see Santonio go, I was glad when we got rid of Plax and Bam. I'm not going to support a guy until he proves to me that he is straightened out. Hopefully Ben has straighten himself out.[/quote:1a9ptjjg]

But that's just it. You think. You weren't there so you don't know with 100% certainty.[/quote:1a9ptjjg]

But thats my perogative as a fan and as a person. I don't need 100%. I never saw Santonio smoke pot either, but I bet that he has. Of course he did test positive, but someone could be framing him, but I usually err on the side of common sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok about my load of crap. I thought there was a bunch around here that agreed that this is a huge black eye for the NFL and the Steelers? That in of itself is all he is gulity of.

Well also a distraction to the team. So I still stand by my thought that someone Goodell or the steelers will have consequences for him. Come on guys he needs something to smack him in the face? Does he really care what fans think of him? Well I think yes he does. But how much? It came out in the media that he was really jacked when there was a huge boo fest durning a game he stunk it up. But will that stuff really change him?
    This stuff could cause him to lose his edge as a qb? Or not want to be a steeler. We will see.

Also what about the locker room and his players. This was brought up on espn and nfl network by former players. Holmes punishment was to be shipped out. Yes I understand the main reason it the suspension deal. But he was also a black eye. So to toss Holmes then do nothing to ben might cause a problem in the locker room. Again we will see.

I have done a bunch of boneheaded things in my life and have learned from them because there were consequences. I don't see one or two game as nothing more then a slap on the wrist. We will see soon what happens to Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote=SteelCrazy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":23vs1bxp
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":23vs1bxp

This prosecutor didn't have enough evidence to win the case, but he had enough to convict Ben in the public and now we are having to endure all the backlash........[/quote:23vs1bxp]

And just what exactly are you having to endure? Trash talk from fans of other teams?

Big whoop.

The DA stated he had some evidence but he couldn't prove where that evidence came from. This chick could have banged some dude before meeting up with Ben or after meeting up with him...which rendered that evidence useless.

He said, she said.[/quote:23vs1bxp]

I said we sensitive nancy, not I............sometimes you are on your isolated cloud too long.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow, that's a crock of "crap."

He was let off the hook because he didn't do anything wrong. You are ready to punish a guy based on the word of a drunk girl?[/quote]

I hope my last post cleared this up. But my thoughts on this has nothing to do with what he might have done or did not do with a drunk girl. I am saying he got of the hook for causing trouble for the steelers/nfl. There is questionable conduct for what his job is.

Ben has become a troubled player (maybe much worse to some) to the nfl fan base. No different then some other players. I would feel the same if he was just running around doing anything not illegal but causeing a PR problem to the steelers/nfl. There is a conduct policy in the NFL for a reason. Did Ben break that policy?

I also like others here believe do what you want in life just be prepared for the consequence are all I say. Just like holmes, ie smoke all the pot you want I don't care but things can happen because of it.