Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Grip! Please!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Get a Grip! Please!

I tried to tell you over and over....no one is going to give anything higher than a 3rd round pick for Santonio. That was all before we learned this morning on ESPN that Santonio has tested positive for marijuana and is facing a 4 game suspension to start next season. This is now his 4th negative off field incident. Enough is enough.

When a team has a legitimate QB, WR is always easy to replace. An average WR will be better with a franchise QB.

Good riddance.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Get a Grip! Please!

LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I couldnt be happier. I am proud of our ownership and what they did. How many teams in the NFL would do something like this? There are 31 teams in the NFL....then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with you to an extent. I just think that with a bit of patience something better could have been worked. The word on the street was that the Rooney's did this because they were "fed up" with Santonio. That's fine. Just like anyone of us gets fed up with someone/something/some-situation. But decision's made because one is fed-up or irritated tend to come with clouded judgment. At the very least we could have gone over to some team in the NFC and at least get a high 5th AND keep him away from a team contending to represent the AFC in the SB. We may have even been able to get one or two of those idiot FOs (DET/STL, perhaps) to get more out of the deal.

Heck we might have even been able to work out a trade for a 4th (or 5th) AND move up, a few spots, say, in the 1st or 2nd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    I agree with you to an extent. I just think that with a bit of patience something better could have been worked. The word on the street was that the Rooney's did this because they were "fed up" with Santonio. That's fine. Just like anyone of us gets fed up with someone/something/some-situation. But decision's made because one is fed-up or irritated tend to come with clouded judgment. At the very least we could have gone over to some team in the NFC and at least get a high 5th AND keep him away from a team contending to represent the AFC in the SB. We may have even been able to get one or two of those idiot FOs (DET/STL, perhaps) to get more out of the deal.

Heck we might have even been able to work out a trade for a 4th (or 5th) AND move up, a few spots, say, in the 1st or 2nd.
    Two things...one the lastest dirty test tells me Santonio is never gonna give up smoking weed. And two...I wouldnt worry too much about the Jets. Adding Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes...too me...doesnt make them a better football team. This is going turn into a problem for them in a matter of time. Mark my words.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Two things...one the lastest dirty test tells me Santonio is never gonna give up smoking weed. And two...I wouldnt worry too much about the Jets. Adding Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes...too me...doesnt make them a better football team. This is going turn into a problem for them in a matter of time. Mark my words.
    Understood. But in the words of PT Barnum, "There's one born every minute." I think the right approach could have netted more.

I do disagree about the Jets not getting better with Holmes. Now they have two #1 quality WRs. The big IF in the air is whether or not Holmes can be controlled. IF he can, we just strengthened an AFC contender. IF he can't then no biggie. But the "IF he can" still looms in the air and looms with a SB contender in the same conference. I would have been much happier with that looming over in the NFC and with a non-contending team like the Lions who have a history of FO player-move brain farts.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I do disagree about the Jets not getting better with Holmes. Now they have two #1 quality WRs.
    Both of which are looking at starting next season suspended for 4 games. And Uh...Braylon Edwards is as overrated as they come. The Jets were actually trying to shop him and couldnt get any takers.

The big IF in the air is whether or not Holmes can be controlled.
    In a city like New York..and with that Media...I'm betting against him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!
    Wow...that's pretty unfair of you. We just found out Friday Ben wasnt going to be charged. I've been saying these things about his case for weeks now.

And I personally can see through all this (Santonio), and see that this will actually make the Steelers better.

Thanks bud. Very nice of you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I couldnt be happier. I am proud of our ownership and what they did. How many teams in the NFL would do something like this? There are 31 teams in the NFL....then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"