Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get a Grip! Please!

Starter

Re: Get a Grip! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Agreed...this is the dumbest move in Steeler history. Not only did they lose a star WR...but they gave him away to a very strong conference opponent. We will see who is standing on the "moral" values of the NFL when the Jets put it upside the Steelers heads.
    you are flipping nuts lately

worst move in the teams history??? Are you serious??

Holmes is an excellent receiver- but- he is a receiver. A guy that touches the ball about a half dozen times a game.

Factor in his 4 game suspension, on his second failed test. In addition- it is safe to assume he knew about this suspension- and certainly knows the leagues position regarding smoking dope- yet he still felt it prudent to post his wake and bake comment.

That shows incredible stupidity- and a blatant disregard for the league and team.

Stoner almost certainly gets popped again. Just a matter of time.

Now, as far as the worst decisions in team history-

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson
    Nuts...let me tell you what's nuts. That fans would actually applaud our team for making a conference SB contender stronger. That's nuts.
    I don't see anyone applauding making a conference opponent better.

I do see people applauding the team's decision to "not accept this kind of behavior"-

In fact, I think the team's trading of Holmes- puts more pressure on them to do something with Ben.

Agreed...this is the dumbest move in Steeler history. Not only did they lose a star WR...but they gave him away to a very strong conference opponent. We will see who is standing on the "moral" values of the NFL when the Jets put it upside the Steelers heads.

Holmes is an excellent receiver- but- he is a receiver. A guy that touches the ball about a half dozen times a game.

Factor in his 4 game suspension, on his second failed test. In addition- it is safe to assume he knew about this suspension- and certainly knows the leagues position regarding smoking dope- yet he still felt it prudent to post his wake and bake comment.

That shows incredible stupidity- and a blatant disregard for the league and team.

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson
    Nuts...let me tell you what's nuts. That fans would actually applaud our team for making a conference SB contender stronger. That's nuts.
    I don't see anyone applauding making a conference opponent better.

I do see people applauding the team's decision to "not accept this kind of behavior"-

In fact, I think the team's trading of Holmes- puts more pressure on them to do something with Ben.
    Actually I have read alot of opinions saying they like the trade. If you like the trade then you have to consider the trade partner. I would rather have given Holmes to the Lions for a 7th than to the Jets for a 5th. It still gets the job done if you don't want him and it means he won't be aiding a SB contender in your own conference. Trading him to the Jets was boneheaded.

Starter

Actually I have read alot of opinions saying they like the trade. If you like the trade then you have to consider the trade partner. I would rather have given Holmes to the Lions for a 7th than to the Jets for a 5th. It still gets the job done if you don't want him and it means he won't be aiding a SB contender in your own conference. Trading him to the Jets was boneheaded.
    I get you point- and I agree with, it to an extent.

I think the team decided "something" was better than nothing; which is what they would have received had they released him. (and apparently that was going to happen)

I also think that, while a 5th rounder sucks for a 1st round talent, it is ok for a player that is about 75% likely to have a 1 year suspension sometime in the near future.

or as someone else put it-

a 5th rounder for the next Ricky Williams.

Also, consider the news that the team shopped Holmes and the 5th was the best they could get- so that is his value. Whether we agree with that or not. 31 other teams set that value.

Lastly, having him on an AFC team does present a potential issue- but like the Eagles with McNabb to the Skins- dont you think the Steelers have a better understanding of the situation, and if they were truly worried- they would not have moved to the Jets?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    I agree with you to an extent. I just think that with a bit of patience something better could have been worked. The word on the street was that the Rooney's did this because they were "fed up" with Santonio. That's fine. Just like anyone of us gets fed up with someone/something/some-situation. But decision's made because one is fed-up or irritated tend to come with clouded judgment. At the very least we could have gone over to some team in the NFC and at least get a high 5th AND keep him away from a team contending to represent the AFC in the SB. We may have even been able to get one or two of those idiot FOs (DET/STL, perhaps) to get more out of the deal.

Heck we might have even been able to work out a trade for a 4th (or 5th) AND move up, a few spots, say, in the 1st or 2nd.
    Two things...one the lastest dirty test tells me Santonio is never gonna give up smoking weed. And two...I wouldnt worry too much about the Jets. Adding Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes...too me...doesnt make them a better football team. This is going turn into a problem for them in a matter of time. Mark my words.
    i agree. how could anyone think tone is done? he will never stop smoking weed and he is going to live in nyc!! great situation for him to get in more trouble. the jets are turning into the redskins. there is something said for chemistry and the jets will have none.

i also agree that ben will make guys like ARE and battle much better. when you have an elite qb you dont really need elite wr's. its nice but you can win without them. not to say holmes is an elite wr because he is far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!

HOLY CRAP! WE AGREE SHAWN!

Also Dub sorry to be harsh but I see it how it is my friend. Plus I took offence to the thread title. Like you are calling some of us out? So I posted my thoughts. Keep on posting no hard feelings here. Take care!

Hall of Famer

you do know the steelers cut johnny unitas and passed on dan marino right? dumbest move in steeler history is a bit bold and they didnt lose a star wr. they lost a wr who is above average but far from elite. this isnt madden you cant just throw teams together. look how well it works for the skins. if you hate how the steelers do buisness why dont you start watching the jets?

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    you do know the steelers cut johnny unitas and passed on dan marino right? dumbest move in steeler history is a bit bold and they didnt lose a star wr. they lost a wr who is above average but far from elite. this isnt madden you cant just throw teams together. look how well it works for the skins. if you hate how the steelers do buisness why dont you start watching the jets?

Is this even worth a response?

Umm...yeah you are a douchebag.

I remain very truly yours,

Shawn

Seriously because I question sending Holmes to a conference power...you think I should be a fan of said conference power? Step away from the crack pipe for a second and think about what you just wrote.

[quote=SS Laser]
    Quote Originally Posted by "SS Laser":h0ptauhl
    Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!

HOLY CRAP! WE AGREE SHAWN!

Also Dub sorry to be harsh but I see it how it is my friend. Plus I took offence to the thread title. Like you are calling some of us out? So I posted my thoughts. Keep on posting no hard feelings here. Take care![/quote:h0ptauhl]

Some days the stars align ever so perfectly. Yeah I took issue with the thread title as well...that coupled with the self back patting. But, that's Dees style.

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson

How about Gabe Rivera over DAN EFFFIN MARINO!!!! We would have 10 championships! Caused the cief to fire his son and he never forgave him for it! HAnds down IMO the worst!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Is this even worth a response?

Umm...yeah you are a douchebag.

I remain very truly yours,

Shawn

Seriously because I question sending Holmes to a conference power...you think I should be a fan of said conference power? Step away from the crack pipe for a second and think about what you just wrote.
    you did say you watch the steelers because they win.. and im the douchebag?? sorry but im no front runner. you should be a fan of a team that doesnt mind scumbags like the jets or ravens. we get it jets are a good team i agree. 5th round pick sucks yeah i agree. the bottom line is holmes is trash. you want trash wearing a steeler uniform? i dont but then again im a douche bag right?