Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get a Grip! Please!

Starter

Re: Get a Grip! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    When a team has a legitimate QB, WR is always easy to replace. An average WR will be better with a franchise QB.
    in the 5th round, via trade from the NY Jets, the Pittsburgh Steelers pick

Mike Williams, Wide Receiver out of Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Dub I give it to ya you have balls with this header. LOL First you get butt hurt over Bens shirt. Then when it looks like ben will get off scott free. You have 1billion posts about his legal issues(crying like a 10 year old girl). Boy if someone needed to get a grip! LOL

Good call that smokey joe was worth less then a 3rd. I am glad you were right for the sake that it made our team weaker. Oh buy the way it might bite the Jets in the butt at some point but I think they have a very good chance to make it to the super bowl!
    Agreed, I think the Jets have a solid chance to win the AFC. I think the Steelers will feel the loss of Holmes this season.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Agreed...this is the dumbest move in Steeler history. Not only did they lose a star WR...but they gave him away to a very strong conference opponent. We will see who is standing on the "moral" values of the NFL when the Jets put it upside the Steelers heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Agreed...this is the dumbest move in Steeler history. Not only did they lose a star WR...but they gave him away to a very strong conference opponent. We will see who is standing on the "moral" values of the NFL when the Jets put it upside the Steelers heads.
    I have to agree man. I want to get a grip alright, a grip on Colberts throat!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    I do disagree about the Jets not getting better with Holmes. Now they have two #1 quality WRs.
    Both of which are looking at starting next season suspended for 4 games. And Uh...Braylon Edwards is as overrated as they come. The Jets were actually trying to shop him and couldnt get any takers.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    The big IF in the air is whether or not Holmes can be controlled.
    In a city like New York..and with that Media...I'm betting against him.
    Wasn't aware of Edwards suspension possibility. Agreed again on betting against. Nonetheless I'd rather a bet not even be in the air with Holmes on a non-contending NFC team.

Edwards is overrated, but it doesn't mean he isn't good. He still is a good player and certainly better than average in my book.

My point is that I believe we could have done better without too much strain. I do agree with your points mostly though.

Starter

you are flipping nuts lately

worst move in the teams history??? Are you serious??

Holmes is an excellent receiver- but- he is a receiver. A guy that touches the ball about a half dozen times a game.

Factor in his 4 game suspension, on his second failed test. In addition- it is safe to assume he knew about this suspension- and certainly knows the leagues position regarding smoking dope- yet he still felt it prudent to post his wake and bake comment.

That shows incredible stupidity- and a blatant disregard for the league and team.

Stoner almost certainly gets popped again. Just a matter of time.

Now, as far as the worst decisions in team history-

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

Holmes is an excellent receiver- but- he is a receiver. A guy that touches the ball about a half dozen times a game.

Factor in his 4 game suspension, on his second failed test. In addition- it is safe to assume he knew about this suspension- and certainly knows the leagues position regarding smoking dope- yet he still felt it prudent to post his wake and bake comment.

That shows incredible stupidity- and a blatant disregard for the league and team.

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson
    Cha-ching! Nail on the head. But ANP...this is Shawn. Give him two weeks and he'll be back on the band wagon.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Pro Bowler

They should have traded him to the Raiders. We have a ballot initiative out here in CA this November which, if passed, will legalize (not just decriminalize) possession and sale of marijuana.

EDIT: I meant to add that I sorta wonder if this doesn't indicate the Steelers are expecting some 'down-time' for Ben this year. With a year left on his (Holmes') contract, if they thought they had a good shot a SB this year I think they would have just 'bit the bullet' and kept him on for one more year despite the potential distraction . But if Ben has to sit for disciplinary reasons, well you get what you can.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

see:

Johny Unitas

Rod Woodson
    Nuts...let me tell you what's nuts. That fans would actually applaud our team for making a conference SB contender stronger. That's nuts.