Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th plus Leon Washington????

5th plus Leon Washington????

Leon Washington can be part of trade package only after signing his tender
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 12, 2010 12:50 AM ET
    There are rumors flying in the wake of the trade that sent receiver Santonio Holmes from the Steelers to the Jets that the compensation package includes both a fifth-round draft pick and running back Leon Washington.

Though we're not yet prepared to declare with 100 percent certainty that this rumor is off the mark, it's highly unlikely that Washington would be part of the deal. In order to be traded, Washington must first sign his restricted free agency tender offer. Given the apparent speed with which this deal transpired, it's unlikely that Washington inked the deal before the Steelers and the Jets worked out their trade.

That said, it's possible that the Jets and Steelers have a wink-nod baseball-style "future considerations" arrangement, whereby Washington will be shipped to Pittsburgh at a later date.

Possible, but not likely.

Hall of Famer

Re: 5th plus Leon Washington????

i don't see it happening. though it wouldn't be a bad pick up for us...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

i personally would feel much better about this trade if Leon Washington were somehow included in the deal.

Holmes > Ranked 6th best in the NFL among Wideouts in highest percentage of 1st downs per reception.

Holmes > Ranked 1st overall in the NFL among wideouts (with at least 70+ receptions) in Highest Percentage of 1st downs per reception

Washington better be part of the deal.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Here's the thing- we've all been waiting to see how the Rooney's would react.

This is how.

Personally, Chadman is kinda proud of the organisation for taking this stand.

It shows that integrity still holds for this team, despite the current employees forgetting that.

If Ben is charged tomorrow, expect something similar to come down, Chadman expects.

And it would be the right thing to do, too.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

This is how.

It shows that integrity still holds for this team, despite the current employees forgetting that.

If Ben is charged tomorrow, expect something similar to come down, Chadman expects.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

This is how.

Tell 'em Chadman.

I'm glad that piece of trash is gone. I don't have to see that idiot flexing after 6 yard catches anymore.

He helped win us a Superbowl, but he's an egotistical thug who will never reach his athletic potential because he doesn't have it between the ears. Thanks for your service, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Starter

All of the "this is the worst trade ever" talk is slaying me.

What's the point of a trade? To improve your team, right?

I think this will improve the team more than we can imagine. It sends a message to any incoming knuckleheads we may draft, it sends a message to us fans saying the ownership is aware of what's going on and doesn't like it, it sends a message to all the current players.

Trading away 1 of our SuperBowl MVP WRs is pretty dramatic.

I'd also like to point out that we still don't know the official terms. (Unless I missed something this morning...)

Hall of Famer

This is how.

Shouldn't we have started this stand by not giving Reed a raise? Reed was arrested or detained twice for some very questionable behavior. He totally gave up on kick coverage this season. I am glad we traded Holmes, but I'm disappointed we rewarded Reed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.