Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Santonio....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trade Santonio....

and a fifth for Marion Barber and a 3rd!!!!! Barber is supposedly on the block and Dallas needs a WR

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Trade Santonio....

I love that idea.

If he is going to leave for more money anyway, I think this trade is a wonderful return for what we are giving up. If there is one thing about Barber, he runs HARD, EVERY time. If we can upgrade the Oline through the draft, and another third round pick could help us trade up, I think our short yardage woes might be fixed.

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't know how I'd feel trading a WR for a Running back's shelf life. But if a late 2nd early 3rd is all we can get for Holmes anyways, I'd do it.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not sure. Barber may not have much left in the tank. I say we keep Stonio and let him play for a massive contract in 2011.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    I'm not sure. Barber may not have much left in the tank. I say we keep Stonio and let him play for a massive contract in 2011.

What on earth gives you the idea that we would give Stonio a massive contract next year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd
    I love that idea.

If he is going to leave for more money anyway, I think this trade is a wonderful return for what we are giving up. If there is one thing about Barber, he runs HARD, EVERY time. If we can upgrade the Oline through the draft, and another third round pick could help us trade up, I think our short yardage woes might be fixed.

Barber is shot, his hard running style over the years has taken it's toll on his body. Barber might be worth a 4th or 5th round pick at the most, I would rather draft a Deji Karim, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott instead.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I love that idea.

Barber is shot, his hard running style over the years has taken it's toll on his body. Barber might be worth a 4th or 5th round pick at the most, I would rather draft a Deji Karim, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott instead.

Shot? Really? Dude is 26 years old and has less than 4 years as a full time player. Gimmie a break. You might not do the trade but don't tell me he is shot. 4.4 yards a carry last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    I love that idea.

Shot? Really? Dude is 26 years old and has less than 4 years as a full time player. Gimmie a break. You might not do the trade but don't tell me he is shot. 4.4 yards a carry last year.

Rick Gosselin is a beat writer who covers the Dallas Cowboys and probably knows a lot more about Cowboys' players than you and I do. here is what Gosselin has to say about Marion Barber:

Cowboys beat writer Rick Gosselin doesn't believe that the team...

Posted: 3 days 19 hrs 24 mins ago. | Source rotoworld.com
    Player: Marion Barber

Cowboys beat writer Rick Gosselin doesn't believe that the team could get any more than a fourth- or fifth-round pick for Marion Barber. Gosselin notes that Barber has "a lot of miles on him" for a 26-year-old, and has never topped 1,000 yards in a season.

[url="http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Marion_Barber/875816"]http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Mar ... ber/875816[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love that idea.

Rick Gosselin is a beat writer who covers the Dallas Cowboys and probably knows a lot more about Cowboys' players than you and I do. here is what Gosselin has to say about Marion Barber:

Cowboys beat writer Rick Gosselin doesn't believe that the team could get any more than a fourth- or fifth-round pick for Marion Barber. Gosselin notes that Barber has "a lot of miles on him" for a 26-year-old, and has never topped 1,000 yards in a season.

[url="http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Marion_Barber/875816"]http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Mar ... ber/875816[/url]

You are quoting an article about fantasy football. Dude might not have a thousand yard season but can still tote the rock with power and find the end zone...I will take that guy over a dope smoking WR that wont be on the team more than 1 more year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love that idea.

You are quoting an article about fantasy football. Dude might not have a thousand yard season but can still tote the rock with power and find the end zone...I will take that guy over a dope smoking WR that wont be on the team more than 1 more year.

i would rather keep Stoned-tonio for another year and see if we can win another Super Bowl and then get a 3rd round compensatory pick if we don't re-sign him.

as for Barber, why do you suppose he is only worth a 4th or 5th round draft choice? i actually would be willing to give that to the Cowboys, he would make a good short-yardage and goal-line back because you are right, he does run really hard.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha