Thread: Just a thought,....

Starter

User Info Menu

Just a thought,....

But what if we were to trade up to 10 with the Jags for our first and second Rnd picks. And then select Eric Berry followed by,

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    5 Kevin Thomas CB /Adrian Tracy LB
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

Thoughts Gentleman ?,.........
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Just a thought,....

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    But what if we were to trade up to 10 with the Jags for our first and second Rnd picks. And then select Eric Berry followed by,

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

I like Berry. though, I'm almost slightly more in the Thomas camp...
    I'd rather see us stay at 18 and maybe draft Nate Allen or Taylor mays in the second (though I think mays is a late first). Gator bias aside, I'd even consider major wright in the third.

Legend

User Info Menu

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

Berry won't make it to the 10th slot and Corey Wootton will never last until the 3rd round.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

I never would have thought to trade our 1st and 2nd round picks to Jacksonville if Berry fell to #10, and then pick a potential 3-4 DE in round 3! What a genius idea!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of doing what we need to do to get Berry.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

Berry won't make it to the 10th slot and Corey Wootton will never last until the 3rd round.
    You might be surprised HS. Do you really think that Mike Holmgren takes a DB with no viable option at QB ? And since it's also likely that there will be an early run on the best LT's in the top ten,... and perhaps even a brain fart like someone selecting Dez Bryant,... i think Berry could actually be there at 10. (though i do not think he'd last any longer)

And as far as Wootton,....it's likely that he could drop a bit because of injury concerns. (Much like Heath Miller) And i think he would be an absolute Steal for us. As,....Aaron and Keisel are not getting any younger, and Hood is "just a guy". (IMO)

In the past,.. no i did not advocate taking 3-4 DE's before the fourth rnd,...but now that nearly half of the league will be running the system,...we have to stay ahead of the curve IMO.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

3 Corey Wootton DT
    4 Jordan Shipley WR
    6 Ekom Eudofia NT
    7 John Connor FB ?

You might be surprised HS. Do you really think that Mike Holmgren takes a DB with no viable option at QB ? And since it's also likely that there will be an early run on the best LT's in the top ten,... and perhaps even a brain fart like someone selecting Dez Bryant,... i think Berry could actually be there at 10. (though i do not think he'd last any longer)

And as far as Wootton,....it's likely that he could drop a bit because of injury concerns. (Much like Heath Miller) And i think he would be an absolute Steal for us. As,....Aaron and Keisel are not getting any younger, and Hood is "just a guy". (IMO)

In the past,.. no i did not advocate taking 3-4 DE's before the fourth rnd,...but now that nearly half of the league will be running the system,...we have to stay ahead of the curve IMO.

i don't think Berry makes it to #10 -

wanna double-up on our chocolate macadamia bet?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am almost positive the Stains take him at #7...if he makes it past KC at 5 and TB at 3.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.