Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal

I really want a Woodley jersey though. If I don't get that, I'll get an older player's jersey. Either Rod Woodson or MJG probably.

just bought a throwback Woodson a few weeks ago...cant go wrong. I have two Ben jersey's that got the bad juju....my white 05 Super Bowl and a home jersey my Ma gave me for Christmas...she is a cowboy fan so i am guessing thats where the bad juju is coming from.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Never fails....as soon as I buy a player jersey something like this is bound to happen. So out of my 3 jerseys, Ben, Tone, and Willie, only Ben might be with the team this year and we always lose when I wear his........

Hopefully they sign Woodley long term, so his will be the next one I buy.
    Troy's jersey will be timeless. That's one to have.
    We bought our DD9 a Troy jersey for christmas this past year.

I really want a Woodley jersey though. If I don't get that, I'll get an older player's jersey. Either Rod Woodson or MJG probably.
    Ham, Lambert, Blount, or Shell jerseys would be great to have, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Santurdio to the Redskins for their second-round pick. They need another weapon for McNabb.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Santurdio to the Redskins for their second-round pick. They need another weapon for McNabb.
    They gave up their 2nd round pick for Mcnabb.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    They gave up their 2nd round pick for Mcnabb.
    Why must you ruin my fantasy by bringing up facts?

OK--we'll just have to get their FIRST-rounder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if this is true then he is done as a steeler. enough is enough. holmes is a very good wr but not good enough to put up with this crap. he isnt an elite wr. no way the fins give up their first round pick for holmes now. if he is suspended for 4 games i just hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him
    Actually this may increase his value if anything, or just keep it the same. If the Steelers had him on the trading block before this, teams would be asking why, there must be something wrong. Now they can use the whole 4 game suspension thing as a means, where teams can deal with that speed bump, thinking they got a bargain in the long run.
    really? i didnt take it that way at all. i just thought it would lower his value since he wont be playing until week 5. he has had his off the field issues which every team knows about, but if he failed a drug test it would be strike 2 in the ganja dept which i would think other teams wouldnt want to deal with. i hope your right though. would a team really want to pay holmes big money next season especially with his issues?

this 2nd failed drug test (if true) would dramatically lower Stoned-tonio's trade value. remember that one more failed test after that would most likely lead to a year-long suspension, which team would want to assume that risk?
    there are plenty of stupidly managed teams in the NFL. someone will take a chance regardless of the baggage.....raiders come to mind.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trade him during the draft...I read recently that John Clayton of ESPN said that the price of a No. 1 wide receiver is considered to be a 1st & 3rd-round pick. For comparison, Jerry Jones gave the Detroit Lions a No. 1, a No. 3 and a No. 6 for Roy Williams & was given back a No. 7 to balance the trade. You could easily make the argument that Santonio has been way more productive & could easily be a No. 1 WR for someone else - the question is...who would be the takers?

Seattle has two first-rounders & has been flirting with Brandon Marshall. Miami has needed WRs for forever but only has draft position in rounds 1-4 to offer besides extra picks in rounds 6 & 7. The Chiefs are a possibility with an aging Chris Chambers as the No. 1 & multiple picks in rounds 2 & 5. The Bears have need of a WR like Santonio but have nothing to offer in picks this year. How about trading for Albert Haynesworth? I'm not sure what the contract numbers are, but the 'Skins WRs are crap & Santonio could certainly be a help. Snyder could also give Santonio the money he's going to be looking for.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...