Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Re: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if this is true then he is done as a steeler. enough is enough. holmes is a very good wr but not good enough to put up with this crap. he isnt an elite wr. no way the fins give up their first round pick for holmes now. if he is suspended for 4 games i just hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him
    Actually this may increase his value if anything, or just keep it the same. If the Steelers had him on the trading block before this, teams would be asking why, there must be something wrong. Now they can use the whole 4 game suspension thing as a means, where teams can deal with that speed bump, thinking they got a bargain in the long run.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Thank God we found a gem in Mike Wallace...come on now Sweed, I'm still pulling for you. Who doesn't like the underdog?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    if this is true then he is done as a steeler. enough is enough. holmes is a very good wr but not good enough to put up with this crap. he isnt an elite wr. no way the fins give up their first round pick for holmes now. if he is suspended for 4 games i just hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him
    Actually this may increase his value if anything, or just keep it the same. If the Steelers had him on the trading block before this, teams would be asking why, there must be something wrong. Now they can use the whole 4 game suspension thing as a means, where teams can deal with that speed bump, thinking they got a bargain in the long run.
    really? i didnt take it that way at all. i just thought it would lower his value since he wont be playing until week 5. he has had his off the field issues which every team knows about, but if he failed a drug test it would be strike 2 in the ganja dept which i would think other teams wouldnt want to deal with. i hope your right though. would a team really want to pay holmes big money next season especially with his issues?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    really? i didnt take it that way at all. i just thought it would lower his value since he wont be playing until week 5. he has had his off the field issues which every team knows about, but if he failed a drug test it would be strike 2 in the ganja dept which i would think other teams wouldnt want to deal with. i hope your right though. would a team really want to pay holmes big money next season especially with his issues?

this 2nd failed drug test (if true) would dramatically lower Stoned-tonio's trade value. remember that one more failed test after that would most likely lead to a year-long suspension, which team would want to assume that risk?

Never fails....as soon as I buy a player jersey something like this is bound to happen. So out of my 3 jerseys, Ben, Tone, and Willie, only Ben might be with the team this year and we always lose when I wear his........

Hopefully they sign Woodley long term, so his will be the next one I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Never fails....as soon as I buy a player jersey something like this is bound to happen. So out of my 3 jerseys, Ben, Tone, and Willie, only Ben might be with the team this year and we always lose when I wear his........

Troy's jersey will be timeless. That's one to have.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Hey Steelgal....stop buying current players jerseys, go for a new classic such as Lambert, Bradshaw, The Bus's, Llyod , etc...

Ps Quite wearing Bens of game day!

Hall of Famer

i know how you feel. i bought a holmes throwback jersey a couple of years when i was in the burgh and i love the throwbacks. i guess i have to get a #7 throwback now. i got my woodley jersey when he was a rookie because he is from michigan and i have watched him since college. he will be re-signed though. no way the steelers dont pay him what ever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

I agree...him and his jersey will be legendary.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

We bought our DD9 a Troy jersey for christmas this past year.

I really want a Woodley jersey though. If I don't get that, I'll get an older player's jersey. Either Rod Woodson or MJG probably.